• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    “But the core is there!” say many fans.

Shaking my head...

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Ondavi View Post
    Didn't the league kinda force the sale of the CaroPanthers a while back? Perhaps I'm wrong, again. . .
    They’d have to get a majority vote from other team owners which I don’t see them having any problem doing if they decided too.

Leave a comment:

• Ondavi
    replied
    Didn't the league kinda force the sale of the CaroPanthers a while back? Perhaps I'm wrong, again. . .

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Just think of all the Cool Broncos stuff we could get on Amazon!!!!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I don’t think the league can force a sale. Maybe they could coerce the trust to name the heir who is to take control.

I would guess Bezos is far more likely to buy the SeaChicks than the Broncos.

While I don’t advocate for Elway to be fired, I would expect a new owner, not related to Pat Bowlen, to reset the organization from top to bottom.

Leave a comment:

• coffee
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not if Jeff Bezos buys the team when Goodell forces a the sale which I’ve heard he’s leaning towards doing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nt-owners/amp/

Actually I could see a scenario where Bezos or any new owner would keep Elway around giving him a chance to fix things without having Joe Ellis limiting his choices however a new owner would opt to hold him accountable a lot sooner than Ellis would.
    I could see a situation where Goodell forces a sale. If you think about it from a business perspective...

The NFL is a business and as business men, they would want people who can further the league and be influential. Bowlen was instrumental in this with television.

Would they rather have Beth/Brittany or Bezos as an owner of one of the flagship organizations in the league?

Beth and/or Brittany may be awesome owners for Denver. Bezos may be awesome for Denver and the NFL as a whole.

I don't think it is an accident Bezo's name was being floated out there. This is giving Goodell options.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Of course Gase laughed. The HC gig should have been his opportunity but he was never given the chance. Then when Elway and co. came by and said hey we like your mediocre DC and want him as our HC...."LOL....have him he was gonna be fired anyways"
    That’s great......

Leave a comment:

• Ondavi
    replied
    Amazing insight. . .

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    That's pretty bad when the dolphins laugh at you. I mean it's not like they are a model franchise themselves over there.
    Of course Gase laughed. The HC gig should have been his opportunity but he was never given the chance. Then when Elway and co. came by and said hey we like your mediocre DC and want him as our HC...."LOL....have him he was gonna be fired anyways"

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Russell Wilson is soooo amazing. I was thinking the same thing. Furthermore, I kept thinking why oh why didn’t we hire Kyle Shanahan instead of Fangio. Don’t get it.

It’s definitely time for Elway to go. So many head scratching moves resulting in a 3 win losing season.
    A few things here:

1. When R.Wilson 1st came into the league these current rules which darn near make it illegal to fart in the general direction of a QB were not in place. So there were some valid concerns there about a VERY large man like C.Campbell and J.J. Watt coming full steam ahead and due to height differential just slaughter a QB of R.Wilson's height.

2. I think the real issue we should be having here is that we took Oz over Kirk & Folles. They both had height and were much more within the "norm" in terms of height.

3. Then we move onto Lynch again you'd think we'd have learned from taking Oz....As I posted in multiple posts the 3rd QB in ANY draft has only ever worked out once. Manning, Big Ben & Rivers. We'd have been better off selecting Brisett or Dak in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Lastly....the decision would not have been between Kyle and Fangio but rather would have been between Kyle and VJ. IMO - Kyle should have been the Denver Broncos HC and NOT VJ. I think given his offensive prowess we would have been in a better situation now if he had been here. There have been some articles which I read somewhere that indicated that VJ WAS NOT an Elway hire but rather an Ellis "suggestion".

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    This is a total 20/20 hindsight judgement. Russell was a 3rd round pick, a diamond in the rough, much like Tom Brady in the 6th. Every team in the league passed on these guys multiple times.
    Exactly right! Every team that didn't need a future HOF QB passed on Wilson, twice.

The argument that only our front office whiffed on this pick is patently absurd. Drafting is not an exact science, and luck (sadly) plays a role, especially with QB picks.

How many first round QBs have completely flamed out of the league? How many second round QB's? Quarterback and head coach are probably the two hardest fills to get right...these are educated guesses for every team in the league.

That said - it would be really nice to know that our current head coach and future QB are correctly chosen.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Dmac said yesterday on the radio that he found out Elway had the green light from Joe Ellis to hire Kyle Shanahan. That's what makes more sense to me, considering that Ellis flew with Elway and Russell to Atlanta just to interview Kyle. Why would Ellis do that if he was going to block the possibility of hiring Kyle? It would have been a waste of time and resources. So, according to Dmac's source, it was Elway who chose Vance Joseph over Kyle Shanahan.

Dmac's source also said Joe Ellis gave the Broncos the green light to bring back Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani if Elway and Fangio wanted to make Kubiak the OC.

https://1043thefan.com/category/podc...59&n=The+Drive
    No surprise, Elway was smitten with VJ for a while. At one point he was the preffered DC candidate and we had to "settle" for Wade Phillips when Cincinatti denied us the opportunity to interview Vance for DC.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Well at least Elway isn't completely clueless however that only stirs a pot that whoever's blocked it and if it was Ellis that dud it maybe a whole house cleaning is in order.
    Dmac said yesterday on the radio that he found out Elway had the green light from Joe Ellis to hire Kyle Shanahan. That's what makes more sense to me, considering that Ellis flew with Elway and Russell to Atlanta just to interview Kyle. Why would Ellis do that if he was going to block the possibility of hiring Kyle? It would have been a waste of time and resources. So, according to Dmac's source, it was Elway who chose Vance Joseph over Kyle Shanahan.

Dmac's source also said Joe Ellis gave the Broncos the green light to bring back Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani if Elway and Fangio wanted to make Kubiak the OC.

https://1043thefan.com/category/podc...59&n=The+Drive

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    There is already a thread on Kapernick, please use that one.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...32#post5851832
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 11-13-2019, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I heard the fact that Matt Russell was a college buddy of Vance Joseph was the true reason he was hired.
    In fact Elway wanted to hire him back in 2015 when Cincinnati refused the interview.

Also heard that Adam Gase and the dolphins laughed their butts off when VJ was hired in 2017.
    That's pretty bad when the dolphins laugh at you. I mean it's not like they are a model franchise themselves over there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X