X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Where did you get the stat of 3 hurries at?
    Based on watching every snap, I seen three hurries, bordering on a fourth where he had an amazing move around the edge but Rodgers got rid of it on a quick throw. Another positive for what it's worth is Von done a nice job in coverage and defending the run as he usually does, he just didn't have those impact plays he is paid so highly to make.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    I will come to Vons aid a little here....

Last year Donald was the sack leader and didn't get his 1st sack until week 4. Von is not Donald but he does have the skill set to turn it on. He won't be the sack leader either but he will get some sacks and things will get better

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    For anyone keeping score and getting the excuses for Von ready again this year. On 29 passing plays against the Packers, Von Miller seen extra attention on only 3 snaps, was in coverage on 5 occasions, and was left alone 21 times, for a recorded 3 hurries. Take that data and come to whatever conclusions you like, but just thought I would pass that along.
    Where did you get the stat of 3 hurries at?

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    For anyone keeping score and getting the excuses for Von ready again this year. On 29 passing plays against the Packers, Von Miller seen extra attention on only 3 snaps, was in coverage on 5 occasions, and was left alone 21 times, for a recorded 3 hurries. Take that data and come to whatever conclusions you like, but just thought I would pass that along.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    So if Von is done, lazy, uninspired, old and slow and with the coach everyone thought would make him a monster he still can’t get close to the qb let alone sack him

Why would another team trade for him and assume his huge contract??

Let alone give us a 1st
    We restructured his deal. Other teams will not have to pay the money we already paid Von. We will take the cap hit tho.

Pretty sure the Rams/Wade would love to have Von. I am certain they would be getting the Von that won the Super Bowl MVP as Wade knows how to use Von's skills and their defense has the ability to fully take advantage of his skill sets.

We got the All Boy Scout team tho so all is good :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    So if Von is done, lazy, uninspired, old and slow and with the coach everyone thought would make him a monster he still can’t get close to the qb let alone sack him

Why would another team trade for him and assume his huge contract??

Let alone give us a 1st

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    C

No sacks (or turnovers), but Denver did make Rodgers throw the ball away today about six or seven times. He did feel some pressure...
    The entire defense was doing the best it has all season in terms of putting pressure on the QB.

It needs to be better but it is light and day compared to what I saw against Oak.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Can anyone get me Von stat for pressures in this game?

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Den is at least a few years away from being serious contenders... maybe longer, given the ownership and GM situation.

You have to be responsible and prepare for the future. There’s no sense keeping Von, unless you don’t get the package it requires to move the future HOF.

If DEN can get 2 first rounders or multiple early picks, it should definitely consider moving Miller.

Would Ramsey and a first be enough?

But, if we go 5-11 with Von we can do same thing without him.

Like Khlis said.... Trubinsky has over 5 seconds. We lost a game bc Von couldn’t get to MItch in almost 6 seconds. Ergo, he ain’t worth close to 25 mil per year.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    C
    [Klis] Von Miller: “I’ve got to find a way to play better, I’ve got to find a way to get sacks. No one holds me to a higher standard than myself. It’s tough right now.” #9Sports
    No sacks (or turnovers), but Denver did make Rodgers throw the ball away today about six or seven times. He did feel some pressure...

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    It’s hard to argue against the idea of trading Miller.

There’s no sense in paying a pass rusher that kind of money if he isn’t getting the results to justify it.
    At this point it’s more about cap savings than trade value. It would be nice to get a decent pick in return, but he’s on the other side of 30 playing mediocre at best.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-21-2019, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    It’s hard to argue against the idea of trading Miller.

There’s no sense in paying a pass rusher that kind of money if he isn’t getting the results to justify it.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/1...-trade-kiszla/

Kiszla: If Von Miller can’t sack quarterbacks and team can’t win, Broncos must consider trading him

Mark Kiszla
    September 19, 2019 at 7:05 pm
    Categories:Latest News, Sports, Sports Columnists

“The Broncos pay linebacker Von Miller a ton of money to make NFL quarterbacks miserable. In return for his $17 million salary, Miller can buy anything in the world except an excuse for not doing his job.

After two games, the Broncos have no victories and Miller has no sacks.

That’s inexcusable.

I don’t want to hear how Oakland and Chicago designed offensive game plans to negate Miller’s pass-rushing ability. For years, the Vonster has been shredding game plans specifically designed to keep his mitts off the quarterback.

“I’m right there with you,” Miller said. “When I go to sleep at night, that’s what I say in my head: ‘No matter what they do, I’m still going to be able to get there.’ It doesn’t always work out like that.”

While left tackle Garett Bolles has become the human punching bag for frustrated Broncomaniacs, the player performing furthest under his ability is Miller.

Your stopwatch that shows how quickly the Raiders and Bears threw the football against Miller? Throw it in the garbage after reading this and weeping: On the 25-yard completion to set up Chicago’s winning field goal, quarterback Mitch Trubisky held the football for an interminable 5.26 seconds.

So let me offer this friendly piece of advice to Broncos coach Vic Fangio with love: Offering excuses for no Denver sacks in two games is beginning to grate with the nails-on-a-chalkboard sound of former coach Vance Joseph‘s lament that his lousy team had a good week of practice.

The lack of sacks is messing with Miller’s mind. Is he frustrated?

“I’m sure he is,” Fangio said. “I’m sure he lets you guys and everybody else and himself get into his head a little bit. But I’ve talked to him about that. Hopefully, he listens to me more than the thousand others.”

If Miller is deployed in pass coverage for even one snap against Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, it’s a strategic mistake by Fangio.

Return home with an 0-3 record after a loss to the Packers, and Broncos Country will grow increasingly restless, with even die-hard fans wondering if a full rebuild of this team is necessary … and whether Miller should be offered as trade bait to accelerate the difficult work ahead.

Trade the Vonster?

Say it ain’t so. He will forever be the hero of Super Bowl 50 around here.

But regardless of how much it might pain a heart that bleeds orange to contemplate swapping Miller for future draft picks, a Denver team going nowhere would have to at least consider it.

The NFL trade deadline is Oct. 29. Should the Broncos fall out of the playoff hunt during the next month, president of football operations John Elway would be wise to listen if contending teams called with a strong offer for either Miller or cornerback Chris Harris Jr.

Back in the day, NFL general managers did not know how to spell blockbuster, much less pull the trigger on a big trade. During the last 13 months alone, however, megastars Khalil Mack, Odell Beckham Jr. and Minkah Fitzpatrick were exchanged for at least one future first-round draft pick, an asset once considered so precious it could not even be pried from the cold, dead hands of a league GM.

As a result, it has dawned on stars from Antonio Brown to Jalen Ramsey that they can apply some of the same leverage Anthony Davis, Paul George and their basketball brethren have used to find greener pastures in the NBA. I asked Miller his opinion on this developing trend in pro football.

“I think it’s good,” Miller replied. “If you don’t see a future in a team that you’re in right now, why wait it out? Why waste time on games, why waste energy trying to stick with the same team that you’re with now if you don’t see a future in it, especially if the team doesn’t see a future in it? Why not find a team that does?”

By accepting a $114 million contract from Elway back in 2016, Miller pledged long-term allegiance to the Broncos. But, at the time, nobody could have foreseen the team’s record would be 20-30 in the 50 games after he signed that lucrative deal.

The sense of family in a locker room can be torn asunder as quickly as an elite NFL team tumbles into mediocrity. Loyalty in pro sports is only as solid as the next paycheck, which is why I cannot get angry at any player looking out for his best interest.

“You can’t hide talent and the player that is talented enough to do it, I think they’re able to empower themselves to get out of a contract and find teams that would trade for him,” Miller said. “Whether it’s Fitzpatrick or Ramsey or whoever it is. Especially if the team doesn’t see a future in a player, why not get a trade?”

The bottom line?

“It is a business,” Miller said. “We always say that.”

Would the Broncos ever sack a beautiful relationship with Miller and send him packing in a trade? Would Harris again consider asking out of a city he loves?

Only if it made business sense.”

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    What is your definition of a big play on defense?

No ints by anyone
    No forced fumbles by anyone

In fact we are one of two teams with no take aways

No sacks by anyone

NO ONE on defense is making plays and that says something.

You initially noted big plays, so that’s up to you to define it. It sounds like you define it as an INT, forced fumble or sack.

I’m not going down the path of defining a big play. It only deflects from the fact that Von hasn’t been an impact player over the first two games. And no, we don’t need to define “impact”.

The statement “NO ONE” on defense is making plays is incorrect. On 3rd down on the opening drive, Trubisky had Cohen wide open as he slipped through the zone. Simmons adjusted, closed and broke up the pass. If not for Simmons breaking up the pass that would have been a TD (Parks was too far off to recover).

Now you can get into the definition of making a play, but that was a great play by Simmons. I would say that was a “big play” because he prevented a TD and it forced the Bears to punt.

What has Von done in two games? Remember, he’s an elite player according to some fans.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I would disagree no one on the defense has made a big play. Saying no one else has made big plays isn’t a good defense of Von. Shouldn’t the player some fans believe is still elite make big plays? Maybe one big play in two games?
    What is your definition of a big play on defense?

No ints by anyone
    No forced fumbles by anyone

In fact we are one of two teams with no take aways

No sacks by anyone

NO ONE on defense is making plays and that says something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X