Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s time to open the offense up.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It’s time to open the offense up.

    The formula that we used to win the SB isn’t viable any longer. It’s time to play to score points instead of playing not to lose...

    Flacco played well today and he showed me enough in the Raiders game.

    We need to pass the ball more aggressively instead of waiting until we’re down multiple scores in the second half...

    Can’t wait till we get Bryce back.... we’ll have a good squad as long as we stop playing scared on offense
    -Bronco in UT


    While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

    Helll of a post

  • #2
    It’s time to blow the team up, tank and compete in 2 years.
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

    My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

    ^^^Follow^^^

    Comment


    • #3
      "Flacco played well today"

      Wait, what?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
        "Flacco played well today"

        Wait, what?
        Yep when we opened the offense up his efficenfy and ability to move the ball magically improved...

        This west coast garbo we’ve been running from under center hasn’t been working. It’s crazy as soon as we got in shotgun and played with temp Flacco played better.

        Flacco’s not the problem right now
        -Bronco in UT


        While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

        Helll of a post

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
          Yep when we opened the offense up his efficenfy and ability to move the ball magically improved...

          This west coast garbo we’ve been running from under center hasn’t been working. It’s crazy as soon as we got in shotgun and played with temp Flacco played better.

          Flacco’s not the problem right now
          I agree, but it's kinda like trying to identify a particular burning piece of waste in a blazing dumpster fire.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
            I agree, but it's kinda like trying to identify a particular burning piece of waste in a blazing dumpster fire.
            Now thats funny right there!!
            sigpic
            AMPIPE

            Comment


            • #7
              I’d agree if Flacco didn’t get hit while throwing the ball 75% of the time. We don’t have an oline to sustain him even if he does get the ball out fast.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                Yep when we opened the offense up his efficenfy and ability to move the ball magically improved...

                This west coast garbo we’ve been running from under center hasn’t been working. It’s crazy as soon as we got in shotgun and played with temp Flacco played better.

                Flacco’s not the problem right now
                More likely that the Bears defense started to tire out from the heat and altitude, which allowed the Broncos offense to move the ball easier.

                If they let Flacco drop back and try to throw deep every play, he’ll end up in a wheelchair with this o-line....

                Comment


                • #9
                  And where are the roll-outs & bootlegs???

                  Does the modernized Shanahan/Kubiak/West Coast/Seifert/Walsh/49ers offense no longer implement it???


                  re-Asking for a friend!!!

                  https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...se-Playcalling

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    the offense needs to figure it out, scangrello that is

                    flacco moves the ball, and yes a lot of the time its a 3rd and long but we do move down the field, and get to the red zone and then the play calling and penelties screw it up
                    on flaccos int, we had a 3rd and goal on the 2...and we get cute and pass the ball against fuller....why not rolls Royce with a blocker??? why not Sutton who was single covered, even with the bad high throw fuller would have tackled him short

                    we hard all summer about shannahans TE friendly system...where is that??

                    where are the slants, the quick throws, the RB screens that work so well against us never work for us...why?
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      the offense needs to figure it out, scangrello that is

                      flacco moves the ball, and yes a lot of the time its a 3rd and long but we do move down the field, and get to the red zone and then the play calling and penelties screw it up
                      on flaccos int, we had a 3rd and goal on the 2...and we get cute and pass the ball against fuller....why not rolls Royce with a blocker??? why not Sutton who was single covered, even with the bad high throw fuller would have tackled him short

                      we hard all summer about shannahans TE friendly system...where is that??

                      where are the slants, the quick throws, the RB screens that work so well against us never work for us...why?
                      Obviously, there has been a lack of ambition and confidence at all levels, together with the new coaching staff still getting to know the players and the team in real time. Hopefully, the way we ended the Bears game is the launchpad for the rest of the season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                        And where are the roll-outs & bootlegs???

                        Does the modernized Shanahan/Kubiak/West Coast/Seifert/Walsh/49ers offense no longer implement it???


                        re-Asking for a friend!!!

                        https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...se-Playcalling
                        They were there against Oakland and I think one or two yesterday. Flacco isn’t great throwing on the run so we’ll see less of it with him. Also I don’t think they wanted to give Mack/Floyd/Lynch a free run at him. The bootleg won’t work if we can’t get the stretch play to work and so far we haven’t been able to get the stretch play going. Bolles holds too much to let him block laterally and Leary is a terrible fit for a zone scheme so when you add in a play that isn’t designed to go into any particular gap you’ll get holding calls because Leary lacks the movement skills to gain position and Bolles lacks the awareness/technique to not hold when a play bounces outside.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                          It’s time to blow the team up, tank and compete in 2 years.
                          We just got done drafting top 10 and top 5...we kinda have been tanking going on two years.

                          This offense has had issues for a very long time.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                            The formula that we used to win the SB isn’t viable any longer. It’s time to play to score points instead of playing not to lose...

                            Flacco played well today and he showed me enough in the Raiders game.

                            We need to pass the ball more aggressively instead of waiting until we’re down multiple scores in the second half...

                            Can’t wait till we get Bryce back.... we’ll have a good squad as long as we stop playing scared on offense
                            This offense has been bad for years. Even when we won the last Super Bowl the offense would disappear entire halves that season.

                            This offense is a 2 year project min from when we start making the right moves. I liked the effort better last off-season but time will tell if they were the right moves.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, they need to open up the gate and let the stallions run. This is a young team and short passes are ok but just to many of them. We need to score before the red zone, it will make it easier when were there. We have to open up and make the other team play mistake free. The Broncos can't put the halter on and expect to win with a controlled offense. Take some long shots down field on downs 1 and 2. We have the WR that can make plays and a QB that knows how to bounce back from his mistakes. With this schedule, really what have we got to lose.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X