No announcement yet.

Phillip Lindsay's Next Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all need to prepare yourselves for Lindsay’s departure in a couple years.

Comment

No and I know this is unpopular for me to say. Let me state I'm a huge fan of his. I love his tenacity and speed. But he plays at a position that has shown over and over and OVER that paying top money for is a bad investment. If the kid played DB or even WR then Id say lock him up with a 7 year extension and max dollars because I know what his heart and production are going to be game in and game out. But he isn;t one of those. He is a Running Back and unless you are a generational talent then I don't agree with paying you on your second contract.
      I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Are the rules different than for drafted players?

Are the Broncos allowed to extend him after year two instead of year three?

They could always put a first round RFA tag on him.

They definitely shouldn’t franchise tag him. Elliot and Gurley, and even Bell have skewed the price too much for that to make sense.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Are the rules different than for drafted players?

Are the Broncos allowed to extend him after year two instead of year three?

They could always put a first round RFA tag on him.

They definitely shouldn’t franchise tag him. Elliot and Gurley, and even Bell have skewed the price too much for that to make sense.
          As mandated by the CBA, an UDFA player will sign a three-year contract with the right to renegotiate following their second regular season. Drafted players must do 4 year contracts with the right to renegotiate following their 3rd year.
          UDFAs; After year 3 they become RFAs
          Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 10-10-2019, 07:54 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
            No and I know this is unpopular for me to say. Let me state I'm a huge fan of his. I love his tenacity and speed. But he plays at a position that has shown over and over and OVER that paying top money for is a bad investment. If the kid played DB or even WR then Id say lock him up with a 7 year extension and max dollars because I know what his heart and production are going to be game in and game out. But he isn;t one of those. He is a Running Back and unless you are a generational talent then I don't agree with paying you on your second contract.
            I disagree with not paying a truly productive and by all accounts healthy player. The question should be how much. The next question should be - for how long. The next one - where are the clean breaks and outs. The RB position is by its very nature- brutal. Every player at this position finds their football mortality one way or another. Typically they find it faster than other positions. IMO - Fast, reliable and technically sound speed guys are harder to find than the "standard" RB types like Freeman. The more critical thing for us as a team is that we can break away from him IF he is perpetually injured or slows down quickly in time. IMO - 3-5 Years with outs in years 4 and 5 is more than a reasonable duration. I say lets keep Mr.Colorado in Colorado but do so fairly for both sides.

Comment

Working...
            X