Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noah Fant

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I am on the Anti Elway train right now, but people need to step back and remember that TE is the single longest developing position in the NFL. They need to learn, blocking, receiving, routes, ST etc... Very RARELY do you see a rookie TE come in and make a huge impact. Most TE's dont break out until they are 3-4 years in the league.

    Comment


    • #17
      Te and wr are one of the hardest position to adjust to between college and pro to get open in pro you need to be alot more exact route runner. I wouldn't give up on him till year 3
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
        I was lambasted when I took great issue with Fant as a pick. You don’t take TEs in the 1st round, and Fant wasn’t the best in the draft!

        There are so many holes at key positions and they picked a TE that struggled with blocking and dropped 1 of 6 catchable passes at Iowa. I bet it’s safe to assume he was only a 1st round pick on the Denver’s board.
        Do you feel better now that you got that out of your chest?

        I wonder if he'll be part of the yard sale?
        I hope so.
        $12.99

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Gsam View Post
          I am on the Anti Elway train right now, but people need to step back and remember that TE is the single longest developing position in the NFL. They need to learn, blocking, receiving, routes, ST etc... Very RARELY do you see a rookie TE come in and make a huge impact. Most TE's dont break out until they are 3-4 years in the league.

          Even so, he doesn’t show much grit, toughness, or catching ability. I agree that there is a such thing as development, but the guy isn’t showing many flashes and he was a #1 pick.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Gsam View Post
            I am on the Anti Elway train right now, but people need to step back and remember that TE is the single longest developing position in the NFL. They need to learn, blocking, receiving, routes, ST etc... Very RARELY do you see a rookie TE come in and make a huge impact. Most TE's dont break out until they are 3-4 years in the league.
            I'm on the anti-Bowlen family train.
            They need help or motivation.
            Motivational help may work.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
              I'm on the anti-Bowlen family train.
              They need help or motivation.
              Motivational help may work.
              Fant needs a mentor. There are no veteran TE's on the roster to teach him and mentor him. I think this is a big part of his problem as well.

              Comment


              • #22
                It may be early but from what I see so far he can't catch. The balls are dropping into his hands. His specialty is speed but he can't block or catch. So far I say he shouldn't be the starter unless we are trying to tank.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Bust. i don't care that he's a rookie. When you know, you know.
                  Sadly I believe you’re right about Fant. I understand developing a TE, but why spend a first round pick on a project?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    one of elways worst picks. and that's saying a lot

                    I dont buy the development argument. He had the chance to catch the ball twice in big spots and blew both of them. and that has nothing to do with thinking. that's just an inability to make a play
                    Last edited by TD30*; 10-18-2019, 01:00 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TD30* View Post
                      one of elways worst picks. and that's saying a lot

                      I dont buy the development argument. He had the chance to catch the ball twice in big spots and blew both of them. and that has nothing to do with thinking. that's just an inability to make a play
                      He'll have a good career, some people have zero patience!!! TE takes longer than most position's to develop, he has every tool needed to be a probowl TE. Look at Hooper in Atlanta, why wasn't he killing it like this last year or the year before? He won't be Shannon Sharpe in his 1st year, relax

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Bust. i don't care that he's a rookie. When you know, you know.
                        Couldn’t agree more. I was so disappointed when he was the pick after we traded down. I was really hoping it was a tackle.

                        To think we could’ve put an upgrade over Bolles right next to Risner.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I understand where you guys are coming from but its way too early to label him a bust, some of those drops last night were catchable but not easy.

                          I remember in the second half he made a good move and beat the defender deep, a good QB would of put that in front of him for an easy TD, Flacco threw an awful ball where he had to stop, turn, and go to ground. Yes it was catchable but not easy.

                          I guarantee if Fant was playing with Brees or Brady he would be making an impact.

                          Our issues are QB and OL, I think we have a few promising options at some positions on offense but when you can't block and have a statue at QB its hard for an offense to operate.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Elway is constantly in this “win-now” or “reload” mindset. Which is exactly why the Fant pick made zero sense. Bush is an instant impact player and we had him fall right into our laps, Elway screwed this up big time.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              He'll have a good career, some people have zero patience!!! TE takes longer than most position's to develop, he has every tool needed to be a probowl TE. Look at Hooper in Atlanta, why wasn't he killing it like this last year or the year before? He won't be Shannon Sharpe in his 1st year, relax
                              Based on what evidence will be have a good career? Even if Fant made great plays this season it would be too early to make that claim. He’s been the exact opposite. There is nothing to suggest he’ll be good. Running a good 40 doesn’t mean anything.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                                I am on the Anti Elway train right now, but people need to step back and remember that TE is the single longest developing position in the NFL. They need to learn, blocking, receiving, routes, ST etc... Very RARELY do you see a rookie TE come in and make a huge impact. Most TE's dont break out until they are 3-4 years in the league.
                                He was supposed to be a big play TE with good hands and he dropped like 5 passes yesterday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X