Bench Joe Flacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
    If a seasoned former Super Bowl MVP QB can't make good decisions and get pummeled every game behind our O line, what are a pair of newbies going to do? We can't fix our QB situation until we give that QB some help at Oline.
    How many times was Joe sacked yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      How many times was Joe sacked yesterday?
      Originally posted by Bates View Post
      If a seasoned former Super Bowl MVP QB can't make good decisions and get pummeled every game behind our O line, what are a pair of newbies going to do? We can't fix our QB situation until we give that QB some help at Oline.
      I'll help you out it was 3 and ,imo, everyone of them could have been avoided. If our QB had any kind of scrambling ability to avoid pressure and make plays on the move we might just be in a better situation today. He absolutely deserves most if not all the blame for where the team is at today. His decision making has been poor for years now, he's a scared QB. That's why play calling is what it is because he forces Scangs hand. For all we know he is coached to take shots and chooses not to. He can call out whoever he wants and I'm glad he did because now it gives Fangio an easier reason to bench him now

Comment

The o-line was fine yesterday. Flacco has been sacked 26 times this year, but 14 of those have come in just 2 games (Green Bay and KC). In the other 6 games he’s been sacked an average of 2.0 times a game, slightly below his career average of 2.1 times a game.

The Chiefs and Packers games were a disaster, but the other games I’d say they’ve been about average (compared to the terrible o-lines in the rest of the league).

Comment

Joe needs more spices in his food, maybe more hot sauce.

Comment

• A porous Oline is a detriment, to any QB. But every week, almost every game, I see QBs running out of danger and making big plays. Rodgers, who is no longer that quick, not only got out of trouble, but made an amazing TD pass last night. I know, Flacco is not that guy, but you know what....

FLACCO IS NOT THAT GUY

Comment

• The way Flacco runs reminds me of how you run in your nightmares

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                A porous Oline is a detriment, to any QB. But every week, almost every game, I see QBs running out of danger and making big plays. Rodgers, who is no longer that quick, not only got out of trouble, but made an amazing TD pass last night. I know, Flacco is not that guy, but you know what....

FLACCO IS NOT THAT GUY
                Spot on. I seem to remember another amazing escape from a safety sack for a big play. I know most won’t give Brissett fair credit, but the dude escaped and made a great play. Flacco is not that guy.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  The way Flacco runs reminds me of how you run in your nightmares
                  It's like he's gotta pee, and is barely holding it in, but knows he still needs to run quickly.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                    Spot on. I seem to remember another amazing escape from a safety sack for a big play. I know most won’t give Brissett fair credit, but the dude escaped and made a great play. Flacco is not that guy.
                    Yes....I was going to add more examples but kept it short. Brissett saved and then won the game on that play. He has a good Oline, but he was in big time danger. He escaped a HoF pass rusher, and made a great pass to give them a chance. That's the fine line between winning and trying to explain how unlucky you are to lose so many close games.

Comment

I think the hope would be that a "newbie" can throw more than zero TDs over a three week span. Hope that one of the young guys actually has sime fight. Hope that one of the young guys will actually take responsibilty as a starting QB and not blame his coaches for his own failures.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

See what he can do in the worst of times, gives us some sort of bench mark. It will only be for eight games tops and will give them an evaluation for next year. Would also give the season ticket holders something to be excited about for the last home games. I rather have a newbie in there tossing the ball all over and running for his life (but pouring his entire heart into the game), than a lifeless statue more interested in cashing a paycheck, pointing fingers, and making excuses why he sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Yes....I was going to add more examples but kept it short. Brissett saved and then won the game on that play. He has a good Oline, but he was in big time danger. He escaped a HoF pass rusher, and made a great pass to give them a chance. That's the fine line between winning and trying to explain how unlucky you are to lose so many close games.
                          You’re right. I’m of the opinion that bad teams find ways to lose close games while good teams find ways to win close games. This is a pretty rough season and even though there is an argument that this team is only a few plays way, the truth is many NFL games are close. Good teams win them. This is simply a bad team.

At this point, I’m just hoping for something to get excited about: another trade, switch at QB, whatever. Please just give me something interesting and exciting lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                            I think the hope would be that a "newbie" can throw more than zero TDs over a three week span. Hope that one of the young guys actually has sime fight. Hope that one of the young guys will actually take responsibilty as a starting QB and not blame his coaches for his own failures.
                            Hope a young QB actually gets a shot.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
                              See what he can do in the worst of times, gives us some sort of bench mark. It will only be for eight games tops and will give them an evaluation for next year. Would also give the season ticket holders something to be excited about for the last home games. I rather have a newbie in there tossing the ball all over and running for his life (but pouring his entire heart into the game), than a lifeless statue more interested in cashing a paycheck, pointing fingers, and making excuses why he sucks.
                              This. The season is going nowhere, it should be about evaluating for the upcoming offseason. Please give us something to get excited about.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                                You’re right. I’m of the opinion that bad teams find ways to lose close games while good teams find ways to win close games. This is a pretty rough season and even though there is an argument that this team is only a few plays way, the truth is many NFL games are close. Good teams win them. This is simply a bad team.

At this point, I’m just hoping for something to get excited about: another trade, switch at QB, whatever. Please just give me something interesting and exciting lol.
                                We're the exact opposite of the 2011 team. Or rather we're like the 2011 team that started 1-4. But I don't think anyone can look at this team and that 2011 team and say we're less talented than that team.

Denver was getting crushed in 2010. We were getting crushed in the first quarter of the 2011 season. All it took to turn that season around was switching to a QB that may have had the most heart in NFL history. The coaches made a QB switch and all of a sudden we we're playing teams close. And winning those close games. And the guy we had under center was actually a leader. He was a guy that was gonna fight.

A lot of people said Tebow couldn't play QB in the NFL. But I witnessed that young man lead a very poor roster from a 1-4 start straight into the playoffs. So what makes a difference for a team? Heart. Belief. Will to win. This current Broncos team doesn't have someone they can rally behind.

Our defense is certainly giving it their all. But until we have a QB that goes out there and gives it their all and actually executes the plays called, even if he does it in the ugliest way possible as Tebow did, we're gonna keep losing. We need to find a QB that not only can play the position, but wants to win and actually wants to rally the team around him.

2011 we were winning the close ones. This year we're losing the close ones. We have enough talent to be competitive. We've seen that. Simple fact is, this team needs a heart and they need it fast. We need someone under center that will say, "let's go win this," instead of an over-the-hill vet that would rather blame the coaches for his own failure than actually lead.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X