What would it take in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Lets say you are the GM. What would it take for you to trade the following players?

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

CHJ - 2nd rounder or two 3rds. (20,21)
    Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Miller - 1st or two 2nds (20,21)
    Wolfe - 5th

At this point I dont see any point to us keeping any of the above 4 players. The above either have age or a promising backup behind them which suggests we should move them. John can ignore it all we want, but its clear we are going to have to rebuild.
    The best offensive lineman on their team...Nothing Less!!!
    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
      I wouldn't take less than a first for Harris or Von. Probably a mid to late round pick for Wolfe.
      I would agree with you about Harris, but I think he's gone after this season, so might as well get something for him.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
        I would agree with you about Harris, but I think he's gone after this season, so might as well get something for him.
        That is a concern, but I wouldn't settle. There is no way I'm trading one of the very best players at one of the most important positions for anything less than a first. Chris is still dominant and still in his prime. If somebody wants him, they better know his value.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          How would you react when he traded Von for a measly 3rd rounder (when we just got more than that for an older/injured Sanders) and he went to another team and had 15 + sacks The following season? you would be all over him like white on rice and would continue that Elway bash train and you would be saying we just gave him away what a horrible trade!
          Sanders isn’t injured and should immediately impact the 49ers offense. What we know is that Von is no longer worth a 1st round pick. At this time he’s a below average edge rusher collecting a check. Is it possible a team would offer a 2nd round pick? Maybe. A team would have to believe a change of scenery might motivate him to give full effort. Sanders is a better player at this point and has more to offer a team. As far as another reason to bash Elway, that’s not needed - his mismanagement of the Broncos speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            Sanders isn’t injured and should immediately impact the 49ers offense. What we know is that Von is no longer worth a 1st round pick. At this time he’s a below average edge rusher collecting a check. Is it possible a team would offer a 2nd round pick? Maybe. A team would have to believe a change of scenery might motivate him to give full effort. Sanders is a better player at this point and has more to offer a team. As far as another reason to bash Elway, that’s not needed - his mismanagement of the Broncos speaks for itself.
            We can agree to disagree on Vons value and his current talent level

Comment

We can agree to disagree on Vons value and his current talent level
              What’s his current talent level?

Comment

What’s his current talent level?
                Well certainly above "below average"

Comment

Well certainly above "below average"
                  Based on what? What has Von done over the last 9 games?

Comment

Based on what? What has Von done over the last 9 games?
                    Based on my love for him that's what. Winning cures lots of things. I don't know if you've ever played in any team sports but when you lose consistently it effects you. Your team stars are human too you know, their play gets effected just like any player does. I watch him play and I see full effort still. He is a few milliseconds away from having around 5 or 6 sacks, right on par for where he should be. You can think he's junk that's fine.

Comment

Based on my love for him that's what. Winning cures lots of things. I don't know if you've ever played in any team sports but when you lose consistently it effects you. Your team stars are human too you know, their play gets effected just like any player does. I watch him play and I see full effort still. He is a few milliseconds away from having around 5 or 6 sacks, right on par for where he should be. You can think he's junk that's fine.
                      Objectively, Von is a below average edge rusher. Dating back to the last two games of the 2018 season, over 9 games: 2.5 sacks,
                      2 TFL, 7 QB hits and 14 tackles. He had 52 snaps vs KC - zero production, not even a tackle. I’ve watched the games, the All 22 and condensed games multiple times. He hasn’t given full effort and the results back that up. I would be thrilled to get a 3rd round pick in return. Draft a young player hungry to prove himself. I’d take a hungry UDFA over a guy like Von as he plays today - someone like Lindsay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                        Lets say you are the GM. What would it take for you to trade the following players?

CHJ?
                        Sanders?
                        Miller?
                        Wolfe?

For me:

CHJ - 2nd rounder or two 3rds. (20,21)
                        Sanders - 3rd rounder
                        Miller - 1st or two 2nds (20,21)
                        Wolfe - 5th

At this point I dont see any point to us keeping any of the above 4 players. The above either have age or a promising backup behind them which suggests we should move them. John can ignore it all we want, but its clear we are going to have to rebuild.
                        I see the Giants are open to trading Nate soldier! He's not that great but unquestionably better than bolles

Comment

Objectively, Von is a below average edge rusher. Dating back to the last two games of the 2018 season, over 9 games: 2.5 sacks,
                          2 TFL, 7 QB hits and 14 tackles. He had 52 snaps vs KC - zero production, not even a tackle. I’ve watched the games, the All 22 and condensed games multiple times. He hasn’t given full effort and the results back that up. I would be thrilled to get a 3rd round pick in return. Draft a young player hungry to prove himself. I’d take a hungry UDFA over a guy like Von as he plays today - someone like Lindsay.
                          I still have to completely disagree, I know his numbers are a little down but he is still a great edge rusher. Below-average? I just can't wrap my head around that! He just about single-handedly won the game yesterday if not for a Houdini act by Jacoby brissett

Comment

I still have to completely disagree, I know his numbers are a little down but he is still a great edge rusher. Below-average? I just can't wrap my head around that! He just about single-handedly won the game yesterday if not for a Houdini act by Jacoby brissett
                            A little down? You can’t be serious. Your perception of Von is what they call the halo effect. It’s based on what he was at one time. Von has 4 sacks in 10 games and you think he’s still a great edge rusher. It’s completely off base to believe he’s still a great edge rusher. Showing up with a good effort once in a while is no where close to being great. He had a free run at Brissett on the stunt and he whiffed on the tackle. A great edge rusher wraps up there. Below average is exactly what he’s done over 10 games.

Comment

A little down? You can’t be serious. Your perception of Von is what they call the halo effect. It’s based on what he was at one time. Von has 4 sacks in 10 games and you think he’s still a great edge rusher. It’s completely off base to believe he’s still a great edge rusher. Showing up with a good effort once in a while is no where close to being great. He had a free run at Brissett on the stunt and he whiffed on the tackle. A great edge rusher wraps up there. Below average is exactly what he’s done over 10 games.
                              It was a great play by Brissett. Miller made an attempt and the other NFL player made a better one . It happens .

Comment

I see the Giants are open to trading Nate soldier! He's not that great but unquestionably better than bolles
                                Solder is due 19 and 20 million next two seasons, that’s a lot for a guy that has allowed 7 sacks and has 5 penalties.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X