X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    He's let the Broncos down in a major way?? He almost single handedly won Superbowl 50. He has been a force on the D since coming into the league. Draws attention (usually double or triple teams) every play. The difference between him and Flunko is Von actually feels bad about the way he has played lately and is working hard to try and fix it. Flacco acts as if he doesnt even care to be out there (while collecting a big paycheck). Not to mention, Flacco has done nothing for the team, while Von has provided so much for the Bronco organization, both on and off the field. Von will get it turned around and be dominate again. A little help on the D would benefit him. Chubb back next year will be a good start. As far as a trade, in my opinion, he is untouchable and should continue to be the focal point of our D.
    SB 50 was four years ago. How Von played then has nothing to do with the last 10 games. There were signs of Von’s play dropping last season. With Chubb healthy earlier in the season Von didn’t do much. As far as a focal point of the defense, Von has 4 sacks and few QB pressures/hits over the last 10 games. Your comment in bold is false. Von gets plenty of one on one opportunities. He hasn’t played well since the end of the 2018 season.

Elway made a mistake by not trading Von after last season. Based on comments he made he thought about it. Then again, Elway would likely waste the draft capital.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    He's let the Broncos down in a major way?? He almost single handedly won Superbowl 50. He has been a force on the D since coming into the league. Draws attention (usually double or triple teams) every play. The difference between him and Flunko is Von actually feels bad about the way he has played lately and is working hard to try and fix it. Flacco acts as if he doesnt even care to be out there (while collecting a big paycheck). Not to mention, Flacco has done nothing for the team, while Von has provided so much for the Bronco organization, both on and off the field. Von will get it turned around and be dominate again. A little help on the D would benefit him. Chubb back next year will be a good start. As far as a trade, in my opinion, he is untouchable and should continue to be the focal point of our D.
    Don't waste your breath, Von is a below avg washed up has been don't you know...

Leave a comment:

• jazzy22jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    When you’re supposed to be a great player you make that play. When your team is 2-5 and staring down a third losing season, you have to make a play. Von has gone 10 games with 4 sacks. His cap number is $25 million this season. For all the criticism of Ellis, Elway, Flacco and Bolles/O-line, we almost never hear a word about Von Miller. Of all the players that needed to step up, Von should be the one. One play is one thing however, he’s been a massive disappointment over the last 10 games. We’re not talking about a guy making league minimum. When you have new coaches and young players watching what you do, you make a play when it’s needed the most. Von has escaped criticism far too long. He’s let the Broncos down in a major way.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Instead of placing blame just be open to the fact that another player made a nice play. This is a game for crying out loud . Players overcoming other players are goin to happen. Doesnt matter if you make 25 million or 15 million or 1 million.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Sure thing pal, you're right like always......
    Relax. I’m wrong plenty, like being too harsh on Harris for Hilton uncovering on the same play. It’s easy to let the moment cloud objectivity. In this example with Von it’s obvious he didn’t wrap up.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Placing blame on Wolfe has no credibility. Wolfe was double-teamed which allowed Von to get a free run at Brissett. Wolfe definitely tripped over Von, after he failed to wrap up. When you can’t admit Von simply failed to make a tackle you’re not being honest with yourself.
    Sure thing pal, you're right like always......

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Miller made a great play, Wolfe is actually at fault on that play. Miller had the inside rush and Wolfe had outside containment but rushed in and got tripped up. If he stays in his own lane Brissett falls right into his lap.
    Placing blame on Wolfe has no credibility. Wolfe was double-teamed which allowed Von to get a free run at Brissett. Wolfe definitely tripped over Von, after he failed to wrap up. When you can’t admit Von simply failed to make a tackle you’re not being honest with yourself.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    On the play in the endzone, Miller absolutely should've made the play. But that happens sometimes to everyone. That didn't bother me near as much as afterword. I rewatched it yesterday multiple times. After Brissett gets away, he starts scrambling toward the sideline and out of the endzone looking downfield to make a play. i watched Von get up and it literally looked like a jog around the park as he went toward Brissett. Not the example I want from a "leader " of the D and surely not the motivation I expect from a $25 million dollar player.:2cents:

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    When you’re supposed to be a great player you make that play. When your team is 2-5 and staring down a third losing season, you have to make a play. Von has gone 10 games with 4 sacks. His cap number is $25 million this season. For all the criticism of Ellis, Elway, Flacco and Bolles/O-line, we almost never hear a word about Von Miller. Of all the players that needed to step up, Von should be the one. One play is one thing however, he’s been a massive disappointment over the last 10 games. We’re not talking about a guy making league minimum. When you have new coaches and young players watching what you do, you make a play when it’s needed the most. Von has escaped criticism far too long. He’s let the Broncos down in a major way.
    Miller made a great play, Wolfe is actually at fault on that play. Miller had the inside rush and Wolfe had outside containment but rushed in and got tripped up. If he stays in his own lane Brissett falls right into his lap.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    It was a great play by Brissett. Miller made an attempt and the other NFL player made a better one . It happens .

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I see the Giants are open to trading Nate soldier! He's not that great but unquestionably better than bolles
    Solder is due 19 and 20 million next two seasons, that’s a lot for a guy that has allowed 7 sacks and has 5 penalties.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    A little down? You can’t be serious. Your perception of Von is what they call the halo effect. It’s based on what he was at one time. Von has 4 sacks in 10 games and you think he’s still a great edge rusher. It’s completely off base to believe he’s still a great edge rusher. Showing up with a good effort once in a while is no where close to being great. He had a free run at Brissett on the stunt and he whiffed on the tackle. A great edge rusher wraps up there. Below average is exactly what he’s done over 10 games.
    It was a great play by Brissett. Miller made an attempt and the other NFL player made a better one . It happens .

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    I still have to completely disagree, I know his numbers are a little down but he is still a great edge rusher. Below-average? I just can't wrap my head around that! He just about single-handedly won the game yesterday if not for a Houdini act by Jacoby brissett
    A little down? You can’t be serious. Your perception of Von is what they call the halo effect. It’s based on what he was at one time. Von has 4 sacks in 10 games and you think he’s still a great edge rusher. It’s completely off base to believe he’s still a great edge rusher. Showing up with a good effort once in a while is no where close to being great. He had a free run at Brissett on the stunt and he whiffed on the tackle. A great edge rusher wraps up there. Below average is exactly what he’s done over 10 games.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Objectively, Von is a below average edge rusher. Dating back to the last two games of the 2018 season, over 9 games: 2.5 sacks,
    2 TFL, 7 QB hits and 14 tackles. He had 52 snaps vs KC - zero production, not even a tackle. I’ve watched the games, the All 22 and condensed games multiple times. He hasn’t given full effort and the results back that up. I would be thrilled to get a 3rd round pick in return. Draft a young player hungry to prove himself. I’d take a hungry UDFA over a guy like Von as he plays today - someone like Lindsay.
    I still have to completely disagree, I know his numbers are a little down but he is still a great edge rusher. Below-average? I just can't wrap my head around that! He just about single-handedly won the game yesterday if not for a Houdini act by Jacoby brissett

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Lets say you are the GM. What would it take for you to trade the following players?

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

CHJ - 2nd rounder or two 3rds. (20,21)
    Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Miller - 1st or two 2nds (20,21)
    Wolfe - 5th

At this point I dont see any point to us keeping any of the above 4 players. The above either have age or a promising backup behind them which suggests we should move them. John can ignore it all we want, but its clear we are going to have to rebuild.
    I see the Giants are open to trading Nate soldier! He's not that great but unquestionably better than bolles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X