My Conclusions (Based on Recent Polls/Other) On How The Broncos Become Successful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I think when it comes to football outside of a very few people in the world there is a lot more unknown than is known. Most of us are going by gut feeling. Maybe a few observations that need to be tempered with the idea that we do not even know the play calls and responsibilities of each play so even if we have all the football knowledge we need we will do not have the inside knowledge we need to truly evaluate things.

That is my thoughts on how most people come to conclusions.

With that in mind I consider how hard it is to win in the NFL and how many people have NEVER done it. How many people have won in the regular season but lost in the playoffs. How many people may have won a playoff game or multiple playoff games but have never won a championship. I think about just how hard it is to win in the NFL.

With that in mind I pick loyalty. Loyalty to those who have brought us a Ring or more. Loyalty to the people who have figured out how to win a Ring in the NFL for the Broncos.

It is why I will come to the defense of just about any coach or player who has won a ring for the Broncos. I am a Bronco fan and to me...they have earned it.
    Nothing wrong with loyalty. I would argue however, that at some point, no matter what you have accomplished in the past, IF you seem to be floundering in some areas, you may need to move out of the way.

Comment

• NCSHAWN
      Practice Squad
      • Mar 2019

The thread is entirely too long and Broncos success is very simple. First and foremost, it starts with the Offensive Coordinator. We obviously need a change there so that we can develop and offensive scheme around the QB to Joe's strengths. Also, we haven't had a good Tight End since Sharp. The QB needs that outlet!! Our short passing game needs to improve and that can only be done with a good TE. Our O Line hasn't been protected so Joe needs a quick reliable outlet. Also, trading our number one receiver wasn't a great choice either. We are already struggling on Offense. I can see if we traded him to a team that was doing bad this year. Then at least we'd get decent draft picks out the deal. The 49ers are undefeated and if they keep winning, what type of picks are we going to get from them? Bottom line is that OC needs to go, our O Line needs to protect and Joe needs a TE and another solid WR to throw too. Our defense is doing great, they just need to tighten up against the run and not give up big plays. LAST but not LEAST - penalties are killing us.....Really Bolles??? Any day you want to stop holding would be great.

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by NCSHAWN View Post
        The thread is entirely too long and Broncos success is very simple. First and foremost, it starts with the Offensive Coordinator. We obviously need a change there so that we can develop and offensive scheme around the QB to Joe's strengths. Also, we haven't had a good Tight End since Sharp. The QB needs that outlet!! Our short passing game needs to improve and that can only be done with a good TE. Our O Line hasn't been protected so Joe needs a quick reliable outlet. Also, trading our number one receiver wasn't a great choice either. We are already struggling on Offense. I can see if we traded him to a team that was doing bad this year. Then at least we'd get decent draft picks out the deal. The 49ers are undefeated and if they keep winning, what type of picks are we going to get from them? Bottom line is that OC needs to go, our O Line needs to protect and Joe needs a TE and another solid WR to throw too. Our defense is doing great, they just need to tighten up against the run and not give up big plays. LAST but not LEAST - penalties are killing us.....Really Bolles??? Any day you want to stop holding would be great.
        Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Megalodon30
          Football Immortal
          • Sep 2019

Originally posted by NCSHAWN View Post
          Joe doesn't have any strengths. Other teams see this. Last Thursday we saw the Chiefs stack the box and dare Flacco to beat them. Our running game got nothing going and Flacco got killed because he is no longer capable of running an NFL offense. Our opponents don't respect our passer, and when they don't respect your passer it becomes a lot harder to run your offense.

We can't even manage to score 20 a game. That's with the 8th best scoring defense in the NFL. We need to move on from Flacco. I don't know how Scangarello is doing and it's impossible to be certain because we have a mediocre QB that is well past his prime behind a below average offensive line.
          Last edited by Megalodon30; 10-24-2019, 01:39 PM.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
            Joe doesn't have any strengths. Other teams see this. Last Thursday we saw the Chiefs stack the box and dare Flacco to beat them. Our running game got nothing going and Flacco got killed because he is no longer capable of running an NFL offense. Our opponents don't respect our passer, and when they don't respect your passer it becomes a lot harder to run your offense.

We can't even manage to score 20 a game. That's with the 8th best scoring defense in the NFL. We need to move on from Flacco. I don't know how Scangarello is doing and it's impossible to be certain because we have a mediocre QB that is well past his prime behind a below average offensive line.
            I would venture to say that losing Sanders even diminishes Flacco's production a bit further. It's not as easy when you lose your experienced target. Yes, there's Sutton. But Sanders equates to reliability/long term results, and until next year, that might be a noticeable loss.

Comment

• Bootleg
              🏈
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I would venture to say that losing Sanders even diminishes Flacco's production a bit further. It's not as easy when you lose your experienced target. Yes, there's Sutton. But Sanders equates to reliability/long term results, and until next year, that might be a noticeable loss.
              On the other hand, it may present the opportunity for one of the younger players to step in and flourish, similar to DT after the Brandon Lloyd trade in 2011.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                Totally Worth It
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                On the other hand, it may present the opportunity for one of the younger players to step in and flourish, similar to DT after the Brandon Lloyd trade in 2011.
                True. I think Sutton has already shown a lot. I also think Tim Patrick has a good shot at taking an opportunity. Patrick looked pretty good at the end of last season. Hopefully Hamilton can step up as well.

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                  That could be true....as long as Flacco sees them all as big league targets. Get 'em all involved.

Comment

• 58Miller
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jul 2013

I think when it comes to football outside of a very few people in the world there is a lot more unknown than is known. Most of us are going by gut feeling. Maybe a few observations that need to be tempered with the idea that we do not even know the play calls and responsibilities of each play so even if we have all the football knowledge we need we will do not have the inside knowledge we need to truly evaluate things.

That is my thoughts on how most people come to conclusions.

With that in mind I consider how hard it is to win in the NFL and how many people have NEVER done it. How many people have won in the regular season but lost in the playoffs. How many people may have won a playoff game or multiple playoff games but have never won a championship. I think about just how hard it is to win in the NFL.

With that in mind I pick loyalty. Loyalty to those who have brought us a Ring or more. Loyalty to the people who have figured out how to win a Ring in the NFL for the Broncos.

It is why I will come to the defense of just about any coach or player who has won a ring for the Broncos. I am a Bronco fan and to me...they have earned it.
                    Thank you! I thought I was the only bronco fan who doesn’t look at the current situation as part of the story of a franchise.

Elway has done everything in his power to make the broncos a winner.
                    And he has delivered.......period!!!!!!

Also keep hearing rebuild, our average age is 25 years old, and we have draft capital coming in 2020.

New coach two new schemes, add players based on this season and the clear weaknesses.

Drew Lock is not a bust if he doesn’t play this year, if he does cool, if not he will have had a year to understand the system,
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hadez
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Nothing wrong with loyalty. I would argue however, that at some point, no matter what you have accomplished in the past, IF you seem to be floundering in some areas, you may need to move out of the way.
                      This is true

I would give a guy more than one coaching staff time to figure out

Maybe I will be on the Elway Needs to Go Wagon if next year we still a losing team
                      What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                      effort x talent = skill
                      effort x skill = achievement
                      How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

This is true

Maybe I will be on the Elway Needs to Go Wagon if next year we still a losing team
                        All good H! You maybe much fairer than I on all of this. I hope I am wrong. I just see it as a time for change/renewal. Like I have said all along, I am good with Elway staying on as President, and hiring a GM. Elway deserves all the credit he has earned, including being part of all 3 SB championships, and yes, getting us there twice as a GM. Hard to refute that.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                          Totally Worth It
                          • May 2008

This is true

I would love to see a winning season next year. I think that's a bit of a tall order, but not out of the realm of possibilities. The remainder of the season will give us a clearer picture of their chances of being a winning team next year. It should be interesting.

Comment

• Hadez
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                            I would love to see a winning season next year. I think that's a bit of a tall order, but not out of the realm of possibilities. The remainder of the season will give us a clearer picture of their chances of being a winning team next year. It should be interesting.
                            How the team plays and the improvement is important.

Actually to me if we are 10-6 but if some things are still not working out for the team maybe I would be on the Elway Needs to Go Wagon.

Another thing I am watching closely is how the coaching staff develop the team. I do not think it is possible to fully evaluate this in half a season.
                            What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                            effort x talent = skill
                            effort x skill = achievement
                            How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Oct 2011

Mine is super simple: stop drafting poorly. Position doesn’t matter as much as impact. If the best player on the board is a guy who plays the same position as Von Miller, grab him. Get impactful players through the draft and you win lots of games.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                                Totally Worth It
                                • May 2008

How the team plays and the improvement is important.

Actually to me if we are 10-6 but if some things are still not working out for the team maybe I would be on the Elway Needs to Go Wagon.

Another thing I am watching closely is how the coaching staff develop the team. I do not think it is possible to fully evaluate this in half a season.
                                All perfectly reasonable. I like some of the adjustments we’ve seen on defense: Purcell moved to NT and Harris shifted to DE. It seemed to work. There are some glimmers of hope, but there’s certain a hill to climb.

Comment

Working...
                                X