Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Conclusions (Based on Recent Polls/Other) On How The Broncos Become Successful!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    104.3 has been talking about the unavailability of Bronco players for whatever reasons.

    some because management decisions ..... and some because of injury..... even though they're cleared (not Fant)

    This team is a mess.

    I believe in Fangio. But the way this season is going, it sounds like players aren't willing to give it 100. Not all. Sutton and Lindsey are trying and they are giving 100. I would have even said Flacco was all in before the KC game. Sure him getting beat all to hell wasn't all his fault, but some players don't act defeated even when they are. On the other hand though and devil's advocate, I would have been paralyzed if I had to play behind that OL. Where's Calahan? Juwan. Lock

    At least we do have some players that are putting in the effort
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      104.3 has been talking about the unavailability of Bronco players for whatever reasons.

      some because management decisions ..... and some because of injury..... even though they're cleared (not Fant)

      This team is a mess.

      I believe in Fangio. But the way this season is going, it sounds like players aren't willing to give it 100. Not all. Sutton and Lindsey are trying and they are giving 100. I would have even said Flacco was all in before the KC game. Sure him getting beat all to hell wasn't all his fault, but some players don't act defeated even when they are. On the other hand though and devil's advocate, I would have been paralyzed if I had to play behind that OL. Where's Calahan? Juwan. Lock

      At least we do have some players that are putting in the effort
      I don’t believe in Fangio. He hasn’t proved anything as a head coach. He says a lot of catchy things. “Death by inches” is just talk since he’s allowed Bolles to stay on the field. The team wasn’t prepared last Thursday and the offense quit after the first drive. They’re basically the same or worse than what we saw on opening night. The fake punt was a decision I thought we wouldn’t see after Vance Joseph was fired. Fangio might develop into a decent head coach someday but this team is a disaster.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        104.3 has been talking about the unavailability of Bronco players for whatever reasons.

        some because management decisions ..... and some because of injury..... even though they're cleared (not Fant)

        This team is a mess.

        I believe in Fangio. But the way this season is going, it sounds like players aren't willing to give it 100. Not all. Sutton and Lindsey are trying and they are giving 100. I would have even said Flacco was all in before the KC game. Sure him getting beat all to hell wasn't all his fault, but some players don't act defeated even when they are. On the other hand though and devil's advocate, I would have been paralyzed if I had to play behind that OL. Where's Calahan? Juwan. Lock

        At least we do have some players that are putting in the effort
        Walker is a good example of what Vic is doing right.

        According to a AP article from Yahoo I posted in the News section Walker got 10% and 3% of the snaps under Vance. Struggling while Vance bounced Walker between OLB and DE.

        Under Vic Walker is playing in 1/3 the snaps, leads the team in sacks and tied for lead in tackles for loss and is tied for 3rd in Qb hits.

        This is the guy people were talking about when we drafted him who disappeared under Vance and Vic is bringing out the best. I am looking for Walker to get more playing time.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • #49
          Fangio may not be a strong enough character to turn this around but in a normal situation he'd be just fine as a HC in my opinion.

          I have no problem calling a fake punt but players got to execute. We needed to manufacture offense in that KC game. What's he supposed to do? Wait till Flacco and the OL wake up?

          I agree that the fake punt play was just about the pinnacle of the embarrassment of that game, but I'm still ok with the decision to take chances. What I would question is why not take a few chances on defense? BLITZ some more.

          Vic's learning too. With the players we have, he might need to manufacture some defense at least in those critical situations when we HAVE to get a stop. Players have to get it done. Even still our defense on paper(statistically) isn't bad at all. But they have definitely failed in big moments. But all phases have.

          The problem as I see it though is that the Broncos are poison right now. I love E Sanders but I think letting him move on is a good move. I wouldn't stop there though. We need to let the hunger of youth take over this team and establish a new identity. Sure wish Elway and the front office would go ahead and start the Rebuild. I ain't scared to say it - hear it ........ in fact nothing would make me more excited for the future. Seeing the team go .500 for the rest of the year isn't gonna lead to anything........ and that'd be an accomplishment
          Red 98

          Kareem rises to the top

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Walker is a good example of what Vic is doing right.

            According to a AP article from Yahoo I posted in the News section Walker got 10% and 3% of the snaps under Vance. Struggling while Vance bounced Walker between OLB and DE.

            Under Vic Walker is playing in 1/3 the snaps, leads the team in sacks and tied for lead in tackles for loss and is tied for 3rd in Qb hits.

            This is the guy people were talking about when we drafted him who disappeared under Vance and Vic is bringing out the best. I am looking for Walker to get more playing time.
            Is it vic or that vic system suits him better with more opportunity. And you are talking about one player vic is not just a def coordinator anymore he is the head coach and as a TEAM we are 2-5. Period
            Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              Is it vic or that vic system suits him better with more opportunity. And you are talking about one player vic is not just a def coordinator anymore he is the head coach and as a TEAM we are 2-5. Period
              We were a 2-5 team before Vic got here. Actually a 6-10/5-11 team.

              It would have been nice to see a turn around in 7 games but more often than not life works a different way. It will take some time to undo the mess Vance made in the 2 years he was here.

              If we gave Vance 2 years we need to be more patient with Vic than 7 games.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

              Comment


              • #52
                When teams are put together sometimes everything just goes good, and they start winning early on. But some teams have to go through losing and adversity to build character. If this team sticks together and gets angry it could become successful. I'm glad I'm not a Browns fan with all the talent that they brought in or Atlanta Falcons fan with all the talent they have and they still aren't winning. We have to go through the tough times to appreciate the good times.
                (Good things take time)

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  When teams are put together sometimes everything just goes good, and they start winning early on. But some teams have to go through losing and adversity to build character. If this team sticks together and gets angry it could become successful. I'm glad I'm not a Browns fan with all the talent that they brought in or Atlanta Falcons fan with all the talent they have and they still aren't winning. We have to go through the tough times to appreciate the good times.
                  (Good things take time)
                  I basically agree with you, with an exception....you need the right leadership/plan/assessment capabilities, otherwise tough times do not necessarily iron themselves out.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    While I like to take a long view and think JE is fooling himself thinking a few band-aids was all we needed this year & that JF was in his prime. But there is the public John and then we have no clue about the private JE thoughts. What I am baffled by is who is Joe Elllis and is everyone happy with our over priced not playing free agents and paying CH extra money to keep him happy? And we have no clue does anyone stand up to JE and tell him he's wrong? It would have been nice to have some changes after drafting PL who almost everyone other than us thought would be a bust. And WHY was Kyle not hired and VJ was - ie who made that decision or who pounded the table for that? Name 1 change in the last 3-4 yrs as a result of these disasters? Fine we got Vic, but that's SOP when you stink. I would hope they would have a big meeting with the coaches, JE, etc to decide what the rest of the season looks like. Treat it like pre-season and play the rookies to see who's good and who's not including Lock. Fine don't start him, but play him. Bench Bolles as your not going to keep him and who in the hell would trade for him? Bring in anyone off the street to try it. You benched Gotsis why is Bolles off limits?
                    Bronco Bob

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      The Focus Should Now Shift....To The FO and Coaching

                      Checked off a big box yesterday, in my opinion. Too early to say for sure, but I saw a young QB that is worth the wait. As far as I can tell, he will be our future. I could elaborate, but lets get over this "insecurity" we have about QBs, though rightly so, because Lock was drafted to be our starter, and with some coaching and mentoring, he will be the guy.

                      Further....we know pretty much what we have on this this 4 and 8 team. We have some real talent, and some that is young at that, to be the leaders long term. The names are now entrenched....Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, Risner. Our O is not that far away, if we can make about 3 changes....Oline and WR included. Our D is decent. Chubb's loss is clear, but he will return. We need some change there as well. Dbacks are not too hard to find, so it is incumbent on how we proceed with the front 7. Who knows...maybe a trade will benefit us.

                      So I am summarizing "the players" as follows....sub par record, but establishing itself with a new leader, and some quality youth to support. Changes required, as is the case for most teams. But priority one, finding a QB, looks like a pretty safe bet to me. We can move forward as we should.

                      And even with a decent finish, we will possess some quality draft picks. Losing a few games wouldn't bother me too much, if we are trying. I like the idea of one more high draft set of picks. I want that franchise LT! A guy can hope. Even if not, we will have some nice draft capital to work with. And FA should always be about need, and at a fair price.

                      OKAY....now the part I need to get to. I've often spoke about 3 areas of concern - QB, Oline and FO. Given I am feeling better about our QB situation, and that our Oline can be fixed in the offseason, all roads lead me to the FO. And while I'm at it, coaching. For me the shift is on...from players to those running the team. For if the management group as a whole does not succeed going forward, we are no better off.

                      The Front Office can not be unsuccessful this offseason. They must acquire players, via FA, The Draft or trade, that make us better for the long term. They must solidify the Oline, for once and for all! There are 5 men who play Oline as starters. Risner will be one of them. We do not need 4 new faces. This is not high level math folks....I am quite sure that if we go smart with 2 new faces, we will put a quality Oline out there. And at least one will be from our first or even second round draft pick. How hard can this be? Really good Oliners in the draft often turn out good. It's one position that has a reasonable return on investment. And yes, FA is still a possibility.

                      FIX IT!

                      I've said this many times, but I believe John Elway is our leader...who can make his life better by hiring a quality GM, capable of managing the roster and all that comes with it. It's time John. Help yourself.

                      And while I realize that our players have a huge role in all of this, I think it is incumbent that our coaching staff earn their keep, by growing this team as a solid unit, playing as a team while playing to their individual max. But coaching is also about the playbook, and how it aligns with the talent we have. It's about smart, solid, hard nosed, in your face play, while also incorporating a level of innovation and depth, with a huge tablespoon of execution! We need to be a team with an identity, but not one that is predictable. Creativity is part of this great game. Lets see it.

                      And yes, coaches need to do all those critical things that coaches do, to build a positive, unified and productive environment.

                      BE THOSE COACHES

                      Maybe some will dispute my assumption about our QB, but I am sticking to my belief. I say stay with him, and nurture. He has loads of natural talent, and is a good dude as well. Good by me. Hey, lets draft with purpose....give him the ball!

                      And given I like him and our backfield, and the obvious need for Oline focus, and upgrades in other areas....I say lets move the players to the side for the sake of this assessment. The shift is back on the FO and Coaching in my books. They can steer this thing to contention. But without them doing their jobs at a high level, we can not expect the players to win this thing by themselves.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I agree with some of your thoughts, except on Elway. With the ownership court case being heard this coming spring (who knows what may happen there) and the Trust quickly moving to appoint Brittney as controlling owner, I think Elway's days are numbered and rightfully so. I love him as the legendary HOF quarterback that he was, but not so much for the mistakes he's made as a GM. Post 2015, he's really sucked at FA signing and has way too many bad drafts and bad coaching hires over the course of his tenure. He's turning a lot of fans against him as well as former broncos (now media announcers that can keep reminding everyone in the country how bad Elway is at his job). I don't think he'll be the face of the franchise as you suggest and hire a GM as he seems to want control of that area. Four years with no playoffs, three of which are really bad losing seasons, the ugly records and the "Not since 1973" or "Not since they joined the NFL" stuff that have came with those. I think that there's a chance he'll be shown the door at the end of this year and more likely not resigned next year if he lasts that long. If the courts swing the big axe (and they may), we're most likely looking at a new owner that will want his own people. I can't see any owner being okay with 19,000 No Shows in attendance when they used to be booed for even thinking about ever missing a game. This team has really fallen since Mr. B has been gone. This is just my thoughts and everyone is entitled to disagree.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Yeah, JE has had a couple bad years. But, I think the good far out weighs the bad the last 9 years. I really doubt PM would have signed with the Broncos if Elway isn't the GM. As far as I'm concerned I see a lot of fans jumping ship just because of a few losing seasons. The Broncos were mostly competitive in those years especially with the tough schedules. The fans should rethink their position as they don't seem to understand the nature of the NFL. The Broncos have been very lucky over the years. As for a new owner taking over the team.....he might decide to move the team out of the Denver. That's why 19,000 no shows should rethink their decisions to stay away.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                            I agree with some of your thoughts, except on Elway. With the ownership court case being heard this coming spring (who knows what may happen there) and the Trust quickly moving to appoint Brittney as controlling owner, I think Elway's days are numbered and rightfully so. I love him as the legendary HOF quarterback that he was, but not so much for the mistakes he's made as a GM. Post 2015, he's really sucked at FA signing and has way too many bad drafts and bad coaching hires over the course of his tenure. He's turning a lot of fans against him as well as former broncos (now media announcers that can keep reminding everyone in the country how bad Elway is at his job). I don't think he'll be the face of the franchise as you suggest and hire a GM as he seems to want control of that area. Four years with no playoffs, three of which are really bad losing seasons, the ugly records and the "Not since 1973" or "Not since they joined the NFL" stuff that have came with those. I think that there's a chance he'll be shown the door at the end of this year and more likely not resigned next year if he lasts that long. If the courts swing the big axe (and they may), we're most likely looking at a new owner that will want his own people. I can't see any owner being okay with 19,000 No Shows in attendance when they used to be booed for even thinking about ever missing a game. This team has really fallen since Mr. B has been gone. This is just my thoughts and everyone is entitled to disagree.
                            Yes, we are free to discuss our beliefs, and you may be more correct than I. Being a bit far away, I do not have the local knowledge that many have about the FO. So my thoughts are fairly limited in scope when it comes to the ownership.

                            Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                            Yeah, JE has had a couple bad years. But, I think the good far out weighs the bad the last 9 years. I really doubt PM would have signed with the Broncos if Elway isn't the GM. As far as I'm concerned I see a lot of fans jumping ship just because of a few losing seasons. The Broncos were mostly competitive in those years especially with the tough schedules. The fans should rethink their position as they don't seem to understand the nature of the NFL. The Broncos have been very lucky over the years. As for a new owner taking over the team.....he might decide to move the team out of the Denver. That's why 19,000 no shows should rethink their decisions to stay away.
                            Sure did look like a lot of empty seats yesterday. Ironically, I think we are now entering the next era of good football, though it may take another year or two, to be seriously competitive. But the energy should rise as we move forward with our young group of players. Like I often repeat, a good offseason will partially transform this team. We are solidifying the core pieces, but need to minimize all gaps via FA, The Draft, and possibly even trade route.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                              I agree with some of your thoughts, except on Elway. With the ownership court case being heard this coming spring (who knows what may happen there) and the Trust quickly moving to appoint Brittney as controlling owner, I think Elway's days are numbered and rightfully so. I love him as the legendary HOF quarterback that he was, but not so much for the mistakes he's made as a GM. Post 2015, he's really sucked at FA signing and has way too many bad drafts and bad coaching hires over the course of his tenure. He's turning a lot of fans against him as well as former broncos (now media announcers that can keep reminding everyone in the country how bad Elway is at his job). I don't think he'll be the face of the franchise as you suggest and hire a GM as he seems to want control of that area. Four years with no playoffs, three of which are really bad losing seasons, the ugly records and the "Not since 1973" or "Not since they joined the NFL" stuff that have came with those. I think that there's a chance he'll be shown the door at the end of this year and more likely not resigned next year if he lasts that long. If the courts swing the big axe (and they may), we're most likely looking at a new owner that will want his own people. I can't see any owner being okay with 19,000 No Shows in attendance when they used to be booed for even thinking about ever missing a game. This team has really fallen since Mr. B has been gone. This is just my thoughts and everyone is entitled to disagree.
                              There won’t be anything quick about the process. Brittany joined the Broncos today with the title of vice president of strategic initiatives (whatever that means). Ellis will drag out the process as long as possible. No matter what Brittany does the trust can say, “You’re developing the skills to takeover ownership, but you’re not quite ready”. It’s in the interest of the trust to keep the status quo as long as possible. If they lose in court they’ll appeal and ride out the legal process as long as possible. Because Ellis befriended Pat Bowlen, he’s the de facto owner and won’t surrender his power easily.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                A Tale Team Of 2 Halves Entire Season

                                I will try this Thread Again LOL. I think the Reason Why Denver Cannot Put Together A Complete Game is Because They Are Tale of 2 Halves. 1 Dominating in the 1st Half and Failing in the 2nd Half. Why is This? Is the Blame on the OC? I do think it is because of Denver’s OC or is it the Defense’s Fault? Going to a Prevent Defense?

                                I am thrilled to Death 💀 that Denver Hung 38 points on the Texans I just wish they could play well the Entire Game a Full 60 Minutes. Open for Discussion. All apologies to the MODS you all are doing a Fine Outstanding Job I should of checked my inbox 📨 on the 1st Shutdown !!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X