Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Conclusions (Based on Recent Polls/Other) On How The Broncos Become Successful!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Conclusions (Based on Recent Polls/Other) On How The Broncos Become Successful!

    I've started 2 simple polls of late, and though not too scientific, they help me explain my position on the steps The Broncos should take in order to put us back on the track of being a successful long term team.

    Although waaaaay too early to count on reliably, of 18 folks who responded, the average response points to a 5 and 11 season, or thereabouts. If even close to being accurate, that equates to some fairly high draft picks (rounds 1-3 for sure). Based on the last few seasons, 5 and 11 meant anywhere from #5 to #8 overall. If so, given there will likely be at least 2 QBs going early, we should be in great position to find our franchise LT! After all, Oline was our #1 fix, per my other poll of late.

    And as we approach the trade deadline, timing is of the essence, because we need to look for good deals that might be had, to not only maximize on assets, but to acquire as much draft capital we can, to re-energize this roster, with youth and talent.

    But this is where we hit a serious bump in the road......even if we feel confident in the path that will help us become champs again soon, it will not come to fruition if the folks in charge do not see the same plan, if they do not assess strengths/weaknesses objectively, if they can not evaluate talent and which talent would fit best in a Bronco's jersey, if they can not make deals to better this organization...AND IF THAT BE THE CASE, then we have a much bigger problem. Because the rubber never truly meets the road, if a good plan does not have vision/legs.

    Therefore we need a new GM (even with keeping Elway as an Exec), which was the 2nd most important "fix" in the poll I posted. And we need a quality one at that, (chosen as objectively as can be) and in a timely manner....to be completely prepared for the offseason, when teams are deeply involved with rosters, including FA and The Draft. This GM must be freed to reshape as necessary. To make deals. To finalize on any personnel maneuvers, including coaches and players.

    For me, most of us see the issues and needs of this team similarly. But it's time that a new leader take over, and run with it. This may be the #2 fix (in the poll), but if it does not happen, it will be the #1 problem. Years are being wasted.

    OK....if we can commit to a new, highly qualified GM, here's the primary steps I see, in order to build a solid short and long term plan for success:
    1) Maximize any trade deadline opportunities, (which is only a week away). Draft capital!!!
    2) Bench Flacco asa Lock is ready. Design around him - a rookie, and the weak Oline. Coaches are paid to understand that requirement. Use the run game, add blocking support utilizing RBs/TEs, keep things simple in the pass game, keep Ds honest with long ball threat/screens/draws/other). Lock will gain critical experience to be utilized going forward, and with an offseason to digest.
    3) If Lock looks like he will not be "the guy", adjust offseason personnel plan, to finally find our next franchise QB. It may even require usage of our first pick (and more).
    4) Build the Oline, hopefully starting with our #1 pick...possibly a another draft pick as well, and/or FA.
    5) Start the 2020 season confident that we have the right GM, coaches, QB and Oline for the future. Add players as necessary, including quality ILB, WR and Dback(s).
    6) Be a long term winner (again)!!

    I can see a bright future, but it requires action, and action soon! But if a plan such as this is followed, I believe!!!

  • #2
    Elway's job is safe for the next year+ unless he steps down on his own.

    Honestly I would be very surprised if Ellis would try and replace him before 2021 as GM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Elway's job is safe for the next year+ unless he steps down on his own.

      Honestly I would be very surprised if Ellis would try and replace him before 2021 as GM.
      Messes up my plan!! But there's a compromise....he hires a quality GM, and stays on as Prez.

      Comment


      • #4
        Excellent assessment.

        IMO, #3 is the most crucial part of this season. Lock must be evaluated as much as possible to make plans for the upcoming draft.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I like your assessment, however I do not think that anything front office related gets fixed/changed. I beleive that Joe Ellis is more of a detriment than Elway/Russel and until the ownership issue is handled Joe Ellis will remain.
          I had read/heard that Ellis was the tiebreaker on the hiring of VJ. If im wrong then I apologize. But that means Elway would have preferred Kyle Shanahan and also explains his desire to bring back Mike. But again, Ellis needs to go before anything of significance can change in the front office. If a new GM is brought in, Ellis will still be the puppetmaster. IMO

          I too want to see Lock play to see if he has the goods, however, behind our OL he will probably look just like Darnold did last night, seeing ghosts.
          sigpic
          AMPIPE

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChitownBronco View Post
            I like your assessment, however I do not think that anything front office related gets fixed/changed. I beleive that Joe Ellis is more of a detriment than Elway/Russel and until the ownership issue is handled Joe Ellis will remain.
            I had read/heard that Ellis was the tiebreaker on the hiring of VJ. If im wrong then I apologize. But that means Elway would have preferred Kyle Shanahan and also explains his desire to bring back Mike. But again, Ellis needs to go before anything of significance can change in the front office. If a new GM is brought in, Ellis will still be the puppetmaster. IMO

            I too want to see Lock play to see if he has the goods, however, behind our OL he will probably look just like Darnold did last night, seeing ghosts.
            If Ellis is the problem.....bye bye!! Need an independent, qualified GM.

            It's ok to see ghosts, but only till Halloween!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              If Ellis is the problem.....bye bye!! Need an independent, qualified GM.

              It's ok to see ghosts, but only till Halloween!!
              Can, what im saying is Ellis isnt going anywhere until this ownership issue is finally decided, unfortunately. And it would probably take the NFL to step in and have it resolved sooner rather than later.
              sigpic
              AMPIPE

              Comment


              • #8
                If Ellis is running the show, than Elway by extension is useless for allowing the organization to get to this point. There is no evidence that Ellis is the main culprit, so until proven otherwise BOTH need to leave for this organization to resume success.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChitownBronco View Post
                  Can, what im saying is Ellis isnt going anywhere until this ownership issue is finally decided, unfortunately. And it would probably take the NFL to step in and have it resolved sooner rather than later.
                  I get ya pal! I am not really tuned into parts of the FO situation, so I trust your commentary. BUT, something has to give, or we will be in perpetual "maybe" mode.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    If Ellis is running the show, than Elway by extension is useless for allowing the organization to get to this point. There is no evidence that Ellis is the main culprit, so until proven otherwise BOTH need to leave for this organization to resume success.
                    This is basically my stance as well. I just lump it all into the “FO”.

                    Good news is they are at least showing signs of acknowledging the state of the team as evidenced my the Sanders trade. Couple more trades and Lock on the field against the Browns might make me think this FO might be heading in the right direction.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                      This is basically my stance as well. I just lump it all into the “FO”.

                      Good news is they are at least showing signs of acknowledging the state of the team as evidenced my the Sanders trade. Couple more trades and Lock on the field against the Browns might make me think this FO might be heading in the right direction.
                      Even still, I have zero faith that they will spend the draft picks wisely. For this rebuild to really take this franchise in a new direction, we will need new leadership completely.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Broncos need to start the rebuild, like now. There are young pieces to build around;
                        Lock (maybe, gotta see what he has)
                        Lindsay
                        Freeman
                        Sutton
                        Fant (needs to improve a lot)
                        Risner
                        Walker
                        Jones
                        Johnson
                        Dawson
                        Simmons
                        Are all good young pieces to build a franchise around. That being said we need a 2 season rebuild. We just traded Sanders for 2 midround picks, now we must move Harris for a 2nd or 3rd. He doesn’t want to be here, I don’t blame him, trade him.
                        Let Flacco stink it up the next 2 weeks while we get Drew ready. Start Drew out of the bye.
                        Elway needs to step down as GM and hire Ed Dodds from Indy, a real talent evaluator
                        With all of the extra picks I say we take OT Andrew Thomas with our top 5 pick, then maybe package our 2nd and a 3rd to move back into round 1 to get C Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin. That’s 2 blue chip offensive linemen to go along with Risner and James (not sure how good James is, but we’re stuck with him on that contract)
                        Use some free agent money on each level of the defense (DL, ILB, and CB)
                        Go into 2020 with Lock as the unquestioned starter, if he flops sell the farm for one of Fields or Lawrence in 2021!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          Broncos need to start the rebuild, like now. There are young pieces to build around;
                          Lock (maybe, gotta see what he has)
                          Lindsay
                          Freeman
                          Sutton
                          Fant (needs to improve a lot)
                          Risner
                          Walker
                          Jones
                          Johnson
                          Dawson
                          Simmons
                          Are all good young pieces to build a franchise around. That being said we need a 2 season rebuild. We just traded Sanders for 2 midround picks, now we must move Harris for a 2nd or 3rd. He doesn’t want to be here, I don’t blame him, trade him.
                          Let Flacco stink it up the next 2 weeks while we get Drew ready. Start Drew out of the bye.
                          Elway needs to step down as GM and hire Ed Dodds from Indy, a real talent evaluator
                          With all of the extra picks I say we take OT Andrew Thomas with our top 5 pick, then maybe package our 2nd and a 3rd to move back into round 1 to get C Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin. That’s 2 blue chip offensive linemen to go along with Risner and James (not sure how good James is, but we’re stuck with him on that contract)
                          Use some free agent money on each level of the defense (DL, ILB, and CB)
                          Go into 2020 with Lock as the unquestioned starter, if he flops sell the farm for one of Fields or Lawrence in 2021!
                          Pretty much on the exact same page! (We've discussed before):thumb:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            Even still, I have zero faith that they will spend the draft picks wisely. For this rebuild to really take this franchise in a new direction, we will need new leadership completely.
                            I agree. I’m just accepting the idea that the FO isn’t going to change until the trust/ownership issues are solved. All I can do is hope the FO makes good decisions this season and offseason.

                            If they make another trade or two and Lock gets on the field for the Browns game, it will help me believe they have the right outlook. The next couple weeks will be very telling. We shall see.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              I agree. I’m just accepting the idea that the FO isn’t going to change until the trust/ownership issues are solved. All I can do is hope the FO makes good decisions this season and offseason.

                              If they make another trade or two and Lock gets on the field for the Browns game, it will help me believe they have the right outlook. The next couple weeks will be very telling. We shall see.
                              Right now the biggest issue is.... will Elway bring lock back from IR, you can only bring 2 back and Elway sounds like he is bring Tim Patrick back (in an interveiw), that leaves 1.What happens if Elway decides he won't bring Lock back?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X