X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, like I said in another thread, if Kubiak were the OC, Joe would have been his choice too.
    Kubiak would’ve benched Flacco by now

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    Flacco is not the problem. If we had a halfway competent OC we could run an offense that he could run effectively. We don't.

3 games we should have won this year. Easily could be 5-3 without the last second losses.

Joe has done enough to win some games, can we admit that.

Not saying he is a long term solve either, but I am not going to give him the collar for a coaching staff that is lost, gutless, and ignorant.
    Joe Flacco is awful. It's quite possible Scangarello isn't very good either, but we definitively know Flacco is bad.

Leave a comment:

• MileHigh Salute
    replied
    Flacco is not the problem. If we had a halfway competent OC we could run an offense that he could run effectively. We don't.

3 games we should have won this year. Easily could be 5-3 without the last second losses.

Joe has done enough to win some games, can we admit that.

Not saying he is a long term solve either, but I am not going to give him the collar for a coaching staff that is lost, gutless, and ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Did Flacco forget how both ST and defense gave the offense ball at midfield in 4th, only to witness two 3-&-out drives that failed to gain a yard?

And did you forget the offensive penalties in both and the ineffective play calling

That bubble screen to a te almost worked

I mean if the other defense stayed in the locker room it would have

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    I'm sorry I missed the rest of your post when you said Flacco is not the problem. Are you trying to absolve him of all blame? He is not the sole problem, but he is a massive one.

Leave a comment:

• The Excellector
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    That scene started with us making a terrible mistake by getting Flacco in the 1st place
    Well, like I said in another thread, if Kubiak were the OC, Joe would have been his choice too.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Flacco isn’t saying that he’s without fault. Last week, he didn’t throw Fant or anybody else under the bus. He showed him support and was the first to admit that he made a lot of mistakes that night. But he’s still a guy who wants to go down swinging.

Basically, being a Ravens fan and knowing Joe for a while there, if Joe is saying this, there are MAJOR issues behind the scenes.
    It's entirely possible that the play calling sucks, AND Joe Flacco is washed up.

There is an incentive for Flacco to say this, mind you. There is mounting criticism of him and talk of when Lock will be activated and then inserted into the lineup.

Having said that, I agree with Flacco that they should have thrown the ball or called something else on 3rd and 5. And I also think, heck - why not go for it on 4th down? They're 2-5, for God's sake.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Joe Flacco basically said that the coaches cost them the game today, saying they should have allowed them to either go for it on 4th down, or thrown it on third when they were trying to close out the game. He said essentially they're playing not to lose the game.
    We probably would have called a deep shot had we tried or got sacked

But he’s right, it’s flacid playcalling all game

Leave a comment:

• MileHigh Salute
    replied
    Thank you joe flacco - finally someone stands up and says it!!!!!

YES! THANK GOD SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT'S UNACCEPTABLE!!!! FINALLY

Joe is not the problem and he showed leadership in saying what is painfully obvious to everyone out there. The coaching is not good enough. The play calling is far from adequate. 3rd and 5 and chance to win a game and you run a play that has about a 5% chance of getting the 5 yards. UNACCEPTABLE!

Run a play that puts your team past the sticks and gives you a chance to secure the game.

He said it, this staff is playing scared. SCANGA-I-BLOW is there worst play caller in the NFL and no wonder! HIs offense has as much creativity as a retirement hall bingo hall and in fact the bingo hall may be more creative for god's sake.

This stuff is a bunch of amateurs and it shows. Show progress in the back half or I gotta say, start over again, but this time Elway goes too!

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Flacco isn’t saying that he’s without fault. Last week, he didn’t throw Fant or anybody else under the bus. He showed him support and was the first to admit that he made a lot of mistakes that night. But he’s still a guy who wants to go down swinging.

Basically, being a Ravens fan and knowing Joe for a while there, if Joe is saying this, there are MAJOR issues behind the scenes.
    That scene started with us making a terrible mistake by getting Flacco in the 1st place

Leave a comment:

• The Excellector
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Third and 5 in Indy territory and we felt good running ball up gut, punting, and playing defense.

1- we suck, we are 2-5... what is there to lose?

2- we allowed a FG drive right before half.

3- we have allowed 2 game winning FG drives already this season.

Naturally, Indy marches and gets the game winning FG.

The coaches are such losers.

Be aggressive. You got 2 downs to get 5 yards to win the game. If not, well, you still can stop the other team.

Now, the OC May replay with: I let Flacco throw 3 times on first and goal from 2 and it was 3 consecutive INC....

They all suck!
    OMG, exactly, We completely suck on all of these plays. It’s on us and not not on them.,

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Glass houses and such, Flac... you didn't hear the coaching staff comment on how scared you played last Thursday and the greater part of the last 5 years.
    I’m just about any other team he would have been benched last Thursday night. Definitely some questionable play calls today but he’s in no position to question anyone.

Well, at least he knows how Manning probably felt after we failed to go for a first down back in the 2012 playoff game.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Glass houses and such, Flac... you didn't hear the coaching staff comment on how scared you played last Thursday and the greater part of the last 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Last week, the coaches called the game like they were scared. Unnecessary attempted 2 point conversion early in the game, fake punt, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X