Flacco calling out coaches after the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
    First off, I am a Ravens fan, seen most every presser Joe has ever done.
    Yesterday was a first.
    Never ever heard him throw anybody under the bus before.
    Heard Sanders last week allude to the playcalling problem and he got traded. Heard young Lindsey say they run the plays that are called, than covered that with saying he should have found a way to run that five yds.
    Joe definitely wants out of Denver.
    He has paid his dues in the NFL. Won plenty of postseason games and beat all the greats.
    Got lots of talking back money and will not suffer bad football coaching decisions at this point in his career.
    I don't blame him. How many of us have worked for bosses who were incompetent. Its very frustrating.
    But Denver, you have turned Joe cool into Fletcher Christian.
    Its time to part ways. It was never going to work in the first place....the mile high miracle could never be forgiven anyway.
    Be sure to leave Joe a compass after you set him adrift in the Pacific. He is a good guy, a little too honest, which I have always liked, and has always given me confidence that the game is never out of reach to recapture the win.
    Your hero has more turnovers then tds. We have many problems along the offense, I personally believe OL and play calling both need to be addressed. But as I said in another thread, all Flacco did was throw gas on the fire. He played like a rookie. No time clock, no movement, stupid throws that never should've been made. Fumbles that never should have happened. He made more mistakes then he did good plays for us. Then, he follows his own putrid playing by calling out the coaches in public. Great leader he must be (obvious sarcasm). He can go take a hike.

I do agree with you on one thing. He should certainly NEVER play another game for the Broncos.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Fangio said the plan was the pick up a few yards then go for it on 4th.... when they couldn’t even gain a yard.... punt.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Excellector View Post
        This is the gist of it. If you're 2-5, how are you going to improve from that with a loser's mentality. That game was coached with a loser's mentality.
        After watching Flacco's presser I would say we have a QB with a loser mentality

Maybe that explains why he ignores wide open guys and then at the end of the game when we need to push the ball down the field he is all about the check down.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
          Did average Joe care when we were playing KC a few weeks back, as he kept checking down time after time in important drive sustaining situations?

Flacco can rip coaches all he wants. He is just as big of a problem as their play-calling. But like I said before, their play calling is probably because of average Joe himself.
          It really is a chicken and egg thing isn't it

Bottom line is the buck stops at John Elway. Obviously whatever his philosophy is/was, it didn't work ............ unless these last 4 years were part of his plan

...no plan B .....

if there was a plan B it didn't work because there's no doubt he went to it after the run we've had the past few seasons. Or there was never a plan B. You can't risk what we've been through without having a plan B. If we had a couple bad seasons as payment for plan A and Manning, I could live with that and accept it as a good deal for SB. But it's getting late

Each week can have different people we can call out .......sometimes the same guys. On the other hand, there are guys who deliver 100% effort every play and I for one really respect that and miss that in my Broncos team as a whole. You can see it
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• He’s led two would be game winning drives this season. Both, after struggling earlier in the game.

Comment

• That really was the most unflacco thing I’ve ever seen. That is literally the first time he’s ever done that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                I agree with your points

I would take it a step further and say by making these comments in the presser he is actually making it more difficult for the team to come together and work as an unit to accomplish goals.

What he said in the presser is the exact opposite of Leadership imo
                Most fans/media say they can’t stand the same old canned lines from players and coaches. When a player says what they’re really thinking they get blasted for being honest. Agree or disagree with Flacco’s comments he said what he believed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  Most fans/media say they can’t stand the same old canned lines from players and coaches. When a player says what they’re really thinking they get blasted for being honest. Agree or disagree with Flacco’s comments he said what he believed.
                  To your point, I think what Flacco could have said was to the effect of "we're not playing well...I'm not playing well...I need to work harder with Rich on making our offense more dynamic and productive, and find plays that I'm comfortable with".

I think Flacco more or less knew his season was over, and vented during the presser. While I appreciate his honesty, the facts show that, while there are issues with the offense across the board, Flacco has been a major contributor to its deficiencies.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    Why? Elway hasn't used much of the money we gained, can't it just carry over and cancel out?
                    They pushed gauranteed money Into 2020. So we have a $10+ mil dead cap penalty in 2020 if he’s cut before the end of that season. If not double that amount.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      Losing teams sometimes keep losing because they play with a loser mentality.

If the coaches stop coaching like losers maybe the players will play with a greater sense of urgency.

I don’t know if Flacco can play much better than he has been, but the coaches can help by calling the game the way it should be called rather than according to their low expectations.
                      Urgency as in your highest paid defensive player wrapping up the QB to end the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Urgency as in your highest paid defensive player wrapping up the QB to end the game?
                        On a complete side note, I think it's clear on that play Von missed that he's definitely lost a step and the time to trade him was last year or this past off season. You can tell he's playing better and harder now than he was earlier in the year, but he's not the same Von Miller I saw wreck offenses in 2012, 2014, and 2015-2018.
                        Last edited by mojo0730; 10-28-2019, 08:50 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          To your point, I think what Flacco could have said was to the effect of "we're not playing well...I'm not playing well...I need to work harder with Rich on making our offense more dynamic and productive, and find plays that I'm comfortable with".

I think Flacco more or less knew his season was over, and vented during the presser. While I appreciate his honesty, the facts show that, while there are issues with the offense across the board, Flacco has been a major contributor to its deficiencies.
                          Agreed. Things snowballed and there’s plenty of blame to go around. The offense was 2-12 on 3rd down conversions before they decided to punt near the end of the game. There’s no way Fangio would believe they could convert there. Put the Colts on the field at mid-field or pinned back on the 5 yard line? All they needed was a stop there but they haven’t found a way to close games.

Comment

On a complete side note, I think it's clear on that play Von missed that he's definitely lost a step and the time to trade him was last year or this past off season. You can tell he's playing better and harder now than he was earlier in the year, but he's not the same Von Miller I saw wreck offenses in 2012, 2014, and 2016-2018.
                            I don’t think he wants to be there. Whether it’s a physical decline, lack of interest or a combination of both he’s not the same player. Will save further comments for the other thread.

This thing unraveled and we’re in for the ride. The Broncos haven’t hit bottom yet. For now I think we’ve seen the last of Flacco.

Comment

On a complete side note, I think it's clear on that play Von missed that he's definitely lost a step and the time to trade him was last year or this past off season. You can tell he's playing better and harder now than he was earlier in the year, but he's not the same Von Miller I saw wreck offenses in 2012, 2014, and 2016-2018.
                              I wonder if his added weight is limiting his playmaking ability. He bulked up earlier in his career and his play also suffered.

But who knows, he isn't a spring chicken anymore...

Comment

• Denver: The team where players go to die.
                                I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X