X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crabcruncher
    replied
    Capt. Fangio and the mutinous Fletcher Flacco

First off, I am a Ravens fan, seen most every presser Joe has ever done.
    Yesterday was a first.
    Never ever heard him throw anybody under the bus before.
    Heard Sanders last week allude to the playcalling problem and he got traded. Heard young Lindsey say they run the plays that are called, than covered that with saying he should have found a way to run that five yds.
    Joe definitely wants out of Denver.
    He has paid his dues in the NFL. Won plenty of postseason games and beat all the greats.
    Got lots of talking back money and will not suffer bad football coaching decisions at this point in his career.
    I don't blame him. How many of us have worked for bosses who were incompetent. Its very frustrating.
    But Denver, you have turned Joe cool into Fletcher Christian.
    Its time to part ways. It was never going to work in the first place....the mile high miracle could never be forgiven anyway.
    Be sure to leave Joe a compass after you set him adrift in the Pacific. He is a good guy, a little too honest, which I have always liked, and has always given me confidence that the game is never out of reach to recapture the win.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Flacco has more turnovers then TDs and he is questioning why the Coaches played it safe and were more comfortable running clock and putting it in the Ds hands rather than his................Reeeeely!:doh:

I hate that the D didn't come through, but Flacco is probably the last player on the field I want to handle the ball in that situation. The last..
    Looks like the coaches agree with you. Odd that our vet/leader QB totally disagrees. I've never been a Flacco fan, and that pretty much sealed it for me.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Flacco has more turnovers then TDs and he is questioning why the Coaches played it safe and were more comfortable running clock and putting it in the Ds hands rather than his................Reeeeely!:doh:

I hate that the D didn't come through, but Flacco is probably the last player on the field I want to handle the ball in that situation. The last..

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't take Flacco's comments as an entire attitude in the locker room. I look at his comments and I see a quarterback back-stepping knowing that he's not good and doing what he can to hold onto his job. Putting blame on anybody but himself for that loss is pathetic and should not be taken lightly by our coaching staff
    I totally agree that it made him look bad and I'm certainly not excusing him. Maybe it will be the nail in the coffin for him - I personally hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    I don't take Flacco's comments as an entire attitude in the locker room. I look at his comments and I see a quarterback back-stepping knowing that he's not good and doing what he can to hold onto his job. Putting blame on anybody but himself for that loss is pathetic and should not be taken lightly by our coaching staff
    It’ll be interesting to see if the coaches actually have the stones to do something about it. I’m guessing they don’t

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Agreed on all fronts.

I still think Flacco’s presser is a sign of the overall culture right now. It certainly doesn’t excuse him. In fact, I thought it was pretty bad form. It just feels like the culture is not good in Dove valley right now.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    This. 100% this. I witness this guy lose game after game then blame the coaches when he hasn't thrown a TD in 3 straight games. That isn't a leader. It's a petulant child.

Literally cannot wait for this guy to be gone from Denver. I didn't care for Kyle Orton's play in Denver, but at least he never threw anyone else under the bus when he wasn't playing well. Flacco is a joke and the Broncos will be much betrer off when he's long gone.
    Agreed on all fronts.

I still think Flacco’s presser is a sign of the overall culture right now. It certainly doesn’t excuse him. In fact, I thought it was pretty bad form. It just feels like the culture is not good in Dove valley right now.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    When people take issue with Flacco's uncaring personality, him looking for people to blame after the game is hardly what they're talking about wanting to see.

People want to see leadership traits on the field, during the game, not a 10 minute press conference where he blames the coaches rather than takes responsibility himself.
    This. 100% this. I witness this guy lose game after game then blame the coaches when he hasn't thrown a TD in 3 straight games. That isn't a leader. It's a petulant child.

Literally cannot wait for this guy to be gone from Denver. I didn't care for Kyle Orton's play in Denver, but at least he never threw anyone else under the bus when he wasn't playing well. Flacco is a joke and the Broncos will be much better off when he's long gone.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 10-28-2019, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    You are a great poster here, and always upbeat and I love that. This board needs more posters like you .....But.... You need to yield on this one LOL
    I think the same about you and I didn't say anything about the defense. Defense did a great job yesterday it was the only bright spot of the game.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    With All the if's and but's, we still lost as a team.
    And the play calling has been suspect all season.
    (IMO)
    You are a great poster here, and always upbeat and I love that. This board needs more posters like you .....But.... You need to yield on this one LOL

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Bolles sucks. OC isn’t exactly covering up our flaws or exploiting weaknesses on the other side of the ball.... Flacco is Orton, if KO could perform in Jan....

Sad reality is... DEN lost 3 games on last second FGs.... had they won them, we would be 5-3 (ties for 1st).... relevant... in playoff mix. Poised for our annual
    nov-dec swoon!

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It’s so hard to win games that way, as we’ve seen. When the offense can’t score points it makes the margin of error so small, 1 missed tackle or 1 bad call can lose the game.

The defense made stops, got a turnover late, the offense had opportunity after opportunity to ice the game and yet they failed. Something ridiculous like they had 13 yards on 15 plays after the opening drive in the second half. You can’t keep expecting the defense to make stops, eventually they’re going to fail, it’s the nature of the game that geared forwards offense.
    exactly, and as long as Joe Flacco is our quarterback that is not going to change -unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    You're right, but everybody made some mistakes yesterday, we didn't play mistake-free football. And the only thing I was saying was the defense did a great job and they just had to make one more stop and we would have won the game despite Joe Flacco's play or the offenses play. If Von would have got that sack on the last drive, we would have won. Since that didn't happen all they had to do is make a stop.
    Then the defense would have gotten full credit for the win.
    It’s so hard to win games that way, as we’ve seen. When the offense can’t score points it makes the margin of error so small, 1 missed tackle or 1 bad call can lose the game.

The defense made stops, got a turnover late, the offense had opportunity after opportunity to ice the game and yet they failed. Something ridiculous like they had 13 yards on 15 plays after the opening drive in the second half. You can’t keep expecting the defense to make stops, eventually they’re going to fail, it’s the nature of the game that geared towards offense.
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 10-28-2019, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Well, if we’re doing math, Lindsay’s career average is 5.1 yards per carry, meaning there was also a 50% chance he would convert it.

Yes it was a lame playcall, we all know it, Flacco stating the obvious doesn’t help anything, especially after he’s played like garbage for 3 weeks straight.
    Yeah, but he wasn't speaking in a vacuum. The beat writer said on the radio today that most of the players are feeling that same way. I don't know if that will change anything, or if it will be the same as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    With All the if's and but's, we still lost as a team.
    And the play calling has been suspect all season.
    (IMO)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X