X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    You're right, but everybody made some mistakes yesterday, we didn't play mistake-free football. And the only thing I was saying was the defense did a great job and they just had to make one more stop and we would have won the game despite Joe Flacco's play or the offenses play. If Von would have got that sack on the last drive, we would have won. Since that didn't happen all they had to do is make a stop.
    Then the defense would have gotten full credit for the win.
    If the refs would have called a holding on Derek Wolfe in the endzone we would have had a safety to. if ifs and buts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas LOL. If your defense holds a playoff team to 12 points I would say any kind of fault does not fall on them. I understand as a team there were mistakes, but to have those long of drives just to end in field goals falls on one man and that one man is not the one calling plays it's the one throwing the football

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    First-half 17 play drive ends in a field goal and later 13-play drive ends in a field goal and Joe wants to call out play calling? Defense played amazing and did everything they were would or should have done. I am normally 100% in agreement with you but this one is on Joe and nobody else, in my opinion
    You're right, but everybody made some mistakes yesterday, we didn't play mistake-free football. And the only thing I was saying was the defense did a great job and they just had to make one more stop and we would have won the game despite Joe Flacco's play or the offenses play. If Von would have got that sack on the last drive, we would have won. Since that didn't happen all they had to do is make a stop.
    Then the defense would have gotten full credit for the win.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Flip side though is that at least you have a 50/50 shot of converting that pass (statistically speaking) whereas running your smallest back up the gut was a give up play.
    That's assuming Flacco even gets the ball 5+ yards, which is more of a stretch than you might think. His average throw is 2.2 yards short of the first down marker. That's 30th out of 32 current starters. Only 47% of his passes actually travel 5+ yards, again bottom 5 in the league there.

So, all things considered, I'd say we stood significantly less than a 50% chance of success.

As for the running game, Lindsey and Freeman are gaining 5+ yards on 34% of their carries.

All this combined with the field position, the time on the clock, and the timeout situation, I would have rather bet on the run game over Flacco as well.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Flip side though is that at least you have a 50/50 shot of converting that pass (statistically speaking) whereas running your smallest back up the gut was a give up play.
    Well, if we’re doing math, Lindsay’s career average is 5.1 yards per carry, meaning there was also a 50% chance he would convert it.

Yes it was a lame playcall, we all know it, Flacco stating the obvious doesn’t help anything, especially after he’s played like garbage for 3 weeks straight.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    They did great, But they just had to make one more stop for the win.
    First-half 17 play drive ends in a field goal and later 13-play drive ends in a field goal and Joe wants to call out play calling? Defense played amazing and did everything they were would or should have done. I am normally 100% in agreement with you but this one is on Joe and nobody else, in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Problem is your not going to win many games by averaging 15-16 pts a game . Is Flacco right ? Yes hes correct but his play for the last 3 weeks or so have been atrocious. Our line is bad but I think he makes them even worse . Add that to a rookie OC , that's a recipe for disaster imo.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't know what more you can ask the defense to do. In my opinion, no way you can put any blame on the defense for yesterday's loss
    They did great, But they just had to make one more stop for the win.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    On passes of 5 yards or more, Flacco is completing 51% of his passes. That's bottom 10 in the league. There are several rookies with better intermediate-deep accuracy.

Joe's comments may be correct, but I can't really fault the staff for having little faith in him to convert.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Everybody on the team had there part in the loss yesterday.
    We win as a team, and we lose as a team.
    I don't know what more you can ask the defense to do. In my opinion, no way you can put any blame on the defense for yesterday's loss

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Everybody on the team had there part in the loss yesterday.
    We win as a team, and we lose as a team.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, at least people can stop insinuating that Joe doesn’t care.
    When people take issue with Flacco's uncaring personality, him looking for people to blame after the game is hardly what they're talking about wanting to see.

People want to see leadership traits on the field, during the game, not a 10 minute press conference where he blames the coaches rather than takes responsibility himself.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, at least people can stop insinuating that Joe doesn’t care.
    Or, perhaps, he went all Machiavellian Mode, seeing writing on wall and knowing at 2-6 it is most likely Lock time anyway. He might as well go out swinging, make it seem like his benching was for insubordination and not poor play. Or, like Sanders, that somehow he gets dealt?

Leave a comment:

• JW7
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    On passes of 5 yards or more, Flacco is completing 51% of his passes. That's bottom 10 in the league. There are several rookies with better intermediate-deep accuracy.

Joe's comments may be correct, but I can't really fault the staff for having little faith in him to convert.
    Stats be damned. Throw the ball and go for the win. Flacco has been really bad as of late but play to win the game. Flacco certainly owns some of this loss but he is correct in saying what he said.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    Unfortunately Von Miller has a chance to end this game and doesn't. Alex Johnson played great except the horse collar. Flacco still holds the ball forever. Sutton and Fant, and Freeman dropped first down catches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X