• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fraguela09
    replied
    Benjamin Allbright

@AllbrightNFL
    Counterpoint to Flacco:

If it "isnt that hard to get in FG range" why wasn't he able to get them there on the Broncos final 6 drives

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Joe is averaging 5.4 yards a throw, we needed 5 yards.......i am no math mathematician but that seems like something we probably could convert.
    It should’ve been a 2-play action plan to get those 5 yards, for a game-sealing first down. Instead of running ball for no gain, just to force the defense to burn its final timeout.... the thinking should’ve been, let’s call 2 plays to get those yards...

Who cares about stopping clock and stuff? MItch Trubinsky and some mid round rookie QB, in DEN, easily marched into FG position.... Heck, Indy did it at end of first half.

OC and Fangio living on planet delusional for thinking that route was one to take to win this game.

Now, it’s a game of inches.... If Miller gets that sack... a great plan. But, given evidence of previous outcomes.... you’re better off trying twice to pick up first down.... if you fail, you
    Always have chance to stop them anyway.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    In a way - it is putting the ball in his own hands if he throws it.

Should it have been a pass? Oh for sure. I will never disagree with anyone on it.

But this team can't rely on Flacco to put the team on his back and win the game off of his arm.

The running game was pretty stuffed today. I highly doubt they would have been thrown off by a play-action pass. And I just can't image Joe Flacco with his 5.4 yards per pass average to REALLY move the chains in crunch time.
    Joe is averaging 5.4 yards a throw, we needed 5 yards.......i am no math mathematician but that seems like something we probably could convert.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Flacco needs to look in the mirror and take blame for his own pathetic play before he calls out anyone!! I'm watching the Packers Chiefs game and the Chiefs are running the exact same game plan just LB blitzing every other play. One difference......ROGERS CAN ACTUALLY SCRAMBLE!!!!! Everytime the Chiefs put a Blitz on him he scrambles out and burns them running it himself.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    When the coaches don’t trust their QB to make a play they have to go conservative. Hit the road Joe and take Richie with ya!

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    I don’t even take it as joe saying put it in my hands

I think what he means is call a play that has a chance to be successful if that’s from a pass or run

We needed five to win the game so instead of Running a 190 pound rb right into the gut of a defense expecting a run

Play action, how about some motion, jet sweep, or off tackle with a lead

That call was to make the defense use a to and not to get a first, It was called because the coaches were scared to go for it and call a play that failed and stopped the clock

They were scared to try and win
    Penalties are an execution problem. Which is my point. It doesn't matter how you call plays. Scangarello could call a perfect game; if the players don't execute, it means diddly squat.

It's impossible to tell how well Scangarello is calling when we have a QB that can't execute any of it anyway. Belichick could be running our offense, but as long as Flacco is the QB, we'd still struggle. A playcaller can only do so much with an inferior talent at the most important position in all of football.

Of course they're scared to be aggressive. Our offense is averaging less than 12 points per game over the past 3 and we've been atrocious on third down. How can you be aggressive if you can't trust your QB to make plays that he has consistently been unable to make?

Leave a comment:

• Red_Label
    replied
    He did run for firsts this game was you watching? He did move in the pocket and outside it

His blindness you mean the play where nobody was open and the only chance in hell was either a deep completion in fg range at the sideline, a PI in Fg range, or somebody breaks free and he can hit them for a td

To belly ache about that plays shows you don’t watch
    I was refering to the previous games that he helped to LOSE by not running, and showing as much emotion as a robot.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied

I think what he means is call a play that has a chance to be successful if that’s from a pass or run

We needed five to win the game so instead of Running a 190 pound rb right into the gut of a defense expecting a run

That call was to make the defense use a to and not to get a first, It was called because the coaches were scared to go for it and call a play that failed and stopped the clock

In a way - it is putting the ball in his own hands if he throws it.

Should it have been a pass? Oh for sure. I will never disagree with anyone on it.

But this team can't rely on Flacco to put the team on his back and win the game off of his arm.

The running game was pretty stuffed today. I highly doubt they would have been thrown off by a play-action pass. And I just can't image Joe Flacco with his 5.4 yards per pass average to REALLY move the chains in crunch time.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Maybe Flacco should go rogue and audible out of his first rookie offensive coordinator's play-call?

Well, maybe he shouldn't. He seems to have a hard time already trying to identify a defensive set.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Why didn’t we go for it on 4th and 5? Have you not seen your own film this year Joe??

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Flacco wants be more aggressive? Jeez Joe, take a look at yourself two weeks ago during the KC game.

I mean c'mon. Today Joe was 20/32 for 174 yards without a touchdown or interception. He averaged 5.4 yards per pass. So aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• jbones733
    replied
    He’s right but he wasn’t such an Awful, abomination of a QB it wouldn’t be an issue

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Flacco wants be more aggressive? Jeez Joe, take a look at yourself two weeks ago during the KC game. Dumping the ball off to a RB just to get back to the LOS over and over and OVER again. And then one time, he got Lindsey BLOWN up (in which TV cameras caught him yelling/angry and average Joe).

Last edited by Peerless; 10-27-2019, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeCrush_304
    replied
    Great defensive head coaches need a franchise QB to be successful.

Great offensive minded head coaches can get away with average QB’s and make them look better.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    It's the old what do you do when your back is up against the wall? Flacco wants to fight. Can't blame him for that .........after all what are we protecting by being conservative? .... our nearly unblemished record for the season?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X