Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    Sanders had problems with the offense, Flacco says something today, so does Lindsay, even Fangio said after they got up 13-3 the offense didn’t do anything. It’s an issue that hopefully gets addressed. Season is all but over, get creative.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    And contrary to your beliefs the playcalling has been bad in all games
    Flacco can’t make the online not hold, or make 17 not block in the back

We stopped the colts and got a good return to the colts 45... it was taken back by a block, the first play a running play another penalty a first and 20 from our own 35, two runs and a pass and punt... that’s playcalling
    Penalties are a fault of the playcalling? LOL. Now I know you're reaching.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Were scoring less than 12 points per game over our last 3 games. At what point do you stop blaming playcalling and start putting the responsibility of the players to execute. Why should I fault Scangarello for three straight games where Flacco has failed to score? It's Rich's jib to call the plays. It's Flacco's job to make sure they're run well.

It's not on our playcallers to make the plays. Our defense is executing. Is that because of good playcalling or is it because our defense is actually putting in the effort to execute the plays that are called?
    And contrary to your beliefs the playcalling has been bad in all games
    Flacco can’t make the online not hold, or make 17 not block in the back

We stopped the colts and got a good return to the colts 45... it was taken back by a block, the first play a running play another penalty a first and 20 from our own 35, two runs and a pass and punt... that’s playcalling

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_Label
    I have as much/little faith in McManus to deliver anything, as I do Sacco. The wheels have fallen off of McManus as bad as anyone in the organization.
    Odds were low but I would still give him 1-5 odds to make a 60 yard FG.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by The Excellector View Post
    On fourth down with 26 seconds left and the clock running, you would rather leave time for your offense then force a kicker who has been struggling all season, and unit for that matter, to have to rush onto the field?
    26 seconds doesn’t make an NFL FG unit rush...

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    That’s a load of crap... just say

Hey I’m emotional right now and without really considering the offense in it’s entirety, such blocking, play selection, routes, was somebody open, was it a deep route with horrible blocking so there was no time, was there drops like Royce’s 3rd down drop?

Look Flacco is Flacco but the play calling was just bad
    Were scoring less than 12 points per game over our last 3 games. At what point do you stop blaming playcalling and start putting the responsibility of the players to execute. Why should I fault Scangarello for three straight games where Flacco has failed to score? It's Rich's jib to call the plays. It's Flacco's job to make sure they're run well.

It's not on our playcallers to make the plays. Our defense is executing. Is that because of good playcalling or is it because our defense is actually putting in the effort to execute the plays that are called?

Leave a comment:

• Fan68
    replied
    Possible Joe injury

Joe's not perfect but then there's not many perfect players on the team right now. In that last series before the Colts field goal the Colts had to defend both the rush and the pass. To me the best defense is a good offense. Why be scared to pass because you might be intercepted and lose the game. Well the game was lost anyway. And in that last series (or couple of plays) a pass was a necessity. And Joe got hit very hard - enough to have possibly lost him to injury. Sounds like you want to go with his backup anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Why cant Flacco call an audible if he doesnt like the play call?

Instead he calls his coaches out in the media...ok.
    And how bad were we on 3rd down today? How bad have we been this season? I don't blame Scangarello for having no confidence in Flacco at the end of the game. Couldn't risk an incompletion.

Leave a comment:

• The Excellector
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Who wouldn’t call a timeout to preserve time have a couple of plays for the offense? McManus has the leg for a 60+ yard FG. We get you’re going to defend Flacco, but the timeout was an obvious call there.
    On fourth down with 26 seconds left and the clock running, you would rather leave time for your offense then force a kicker who has been struggling all season, and unit for that matter, to have to rush onto the field?

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
    His OL is trash. His refusal to throw balls away when he has no one open, and his blindness as to DLs mowing him down from behind are his biggest negatives. That and at least a couple of instances where he could've run a yard or two for a 1st down, but just stood there like a deer in the headlights. I don't like it when a starting QB takes stupid risks with his body. But in those cases, his refusal to take a couple of steps was inexplicable.
    He did run for firsts this game was you watching? He did move in the pocket and outside it

His blindness you mean the play where nobody was open and the only chance in hell was either a deep completion in fg range at the sideline, a PI in Fg range, or somebody breaks free and he can hit them for a td

To belly ache about that plays shows you don’t watch

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    You could also start throwing for completions and change the play at the line of scrimmage if you see something better. Flacco is as much to blame.
    Couldn't have said it better!!!

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    The fact that players are starting to call out coaches just proves the locker room is now toxic. Too many distractions. Too many things to blame. Too many players underperforming. Coaches making dumb calls. FO trying to play us like we’re morons.

This franchise is in really bad shape.
    If you were talking about the KC game, i would agree 100% But the Broncos looked like they were on the Colts level today. The Colts want to play these kinda close low scoring games and we played their game.
    Remember they went into KC and beat them 19-13.
    I am really upset over today’s loss. It’s one thing to lose to a better opponent but today we were a couple plays away. That means we are close , we gotta learn how to finish games and the coaching staff in my opinion is struggling in that area.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Literally anytime he steps on the field. It's 2019. The NFL is geared toward the passer. If your QB is going 0-for in 3 straight games, you're going to struggle. It's on the QB to execute the offense. Flacco is not doing that. He should not be starting if he can't execute an NFL offense.

That’s a load of crap... just say

Hey I’m emotional right now and without really considering the offense in it’s entirety, such blocking, play selection, routes, was somebody open, was it a deep route with horrible blocking so there was no time, was there drops like Royce’s 3rd down drop?

Look Flacco is Flacco but the play calling was just bad

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    Why cant Flacco call an audible if he doesnt like the play call?

Instead he calls his coaches out in the media...ok.

Leave a comment:

• Red_Label
    replied
    Can you explain where he could have throw a td or missed a open receiver,
    His OL is trash. His refusal to throw balls away when he has no one open, and his blindness as to DLs mowing him down from behind are his biggest negatives. That and at least a couple of instances where he could've run a yard or two for a 1st down, but just stood there like a deer in the headlights. I don't like it when a starting QB takes stupid risks with his body. But in those cases, his refusal to take a couple of steps was inexplicable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X