Look Folks....I Really Get The Positive Outlook By Many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    The team won't change willy nilly, but posters without any suggestions for replacements for Elway are changing willy nilly...as a matter of fact, I'd say not naming someone is the definition of willy nilly. These people want anybody as long as there's a change. That's about as willy nilly as it gets.

How about we replace Elway with me? I'll take a lot less money than Elway and you all get your change. Win/win.
    I'll get you 90% the way there.....page 4

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...Elway-be-fired

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      If I can use the analogy of a forest fire, one that does not injure, or damage buildings, homes and the like. It is usually a necessary thing, because it clears out older/weakened trees, and what follows is new growth, of stronger ones, Revitalized. Better than before.
      Sadly, that forest will not grow back in my lifetime. I certainly hope that's not the case here.

Can my good friend..You know I live and die with this team. I think Clint Eastwood said it best.
      https://youtu.be/xFJCMIcZ_iU

Now lets beat the Browns!!!
      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
        Sadly, that forest will not grow back in my lifetime. I certainly hope that's not the case here.

Can my good friend..You know I live and die with this team. I think Clint Eastwood said it best.

That sure would be a funny coincidence if Allen could put more than 16 on the board and win?!?!? One can dream

Comment

Originally posted by IAbronco24 View Post
          Honestly we are not as far away as people think.
          People said this last year, they also said it the year before. People blamed the coaches, screamed we were more talented than our win-lose record, etc. However, we are now going to be out of the playoffs for 4 straight years, registering our 3rd losing season in a row which is the worst run the franchise has had since the 70's, and it honestly isn't trending upwards. The franchise is in a bad state, from the ownership dramas, to the football decision makers, to the coaching staff, to the lack of talent on the team, and there is no two ways about it.

Comment

Not good enough for me. You can't say we need someone else without saying who it is. As I've said before, I'm not against replacing Elway. But I want to know with whom first. There are no guarantees the next GM will be better.

What we do know about Elway is:

He's a Bronco and understands our history and cares if we win.

He makes mistakes, but he corrects them quickly. See Lynch and Keenum.

His drafts seemed to have improved quite a bit the past two years. We're bad now because of his drafts 3-4 years ago, not the last two. I see a change in the types of players he's chosen and our 3 best O players are Taz (undrafted), Sutton and Risner, all drafted/signed in the last 2 drafts.

And no you don't have to start somewhere. It may be best (or not) but it isn't an indisputable fact that we have to start over. It's just an opinion and we have also consider starting over could mean we get even worse and instead of losing by last-seoncd FGs we lose by 20 pts. Getting someone else doesn't automatically mean we'll get better, it's only one possibility.
            OK....I will do some research, although as far as I know, I am not getting paid for this service. Actually, I am fine with someone else doing the work, because I expect an organization to head hunt so to speak, and find the right candidates. I can give suggestions, but that changes nothing in my intent. Our management needs change. That's a big priority. We can not afford to keep making the same mistakes over and over again, and expect different results.

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            you know, you can do a little research of your own. There have been multiple posts and several forums we're people have listed dozens of names to replace Elway.
            Exactly! I know that Rod gave a pretty lengthy list recently.

It is not for us to hire the replacement. As a fan I believe the change is high up, and I stand by that. I am not responsible for finding a replacement, nor should I be. I want high level folks, who spend loads of money to conduct such searches, to complete that part.

But yes....there have been suggestions/recommendations.

Comment

The team won't change willy nilly, but posters without any suggestions for replacements for Elway are changing willy nilly...as a matter of fact, I'd say not naming someone is the definition of willy nilly. These people want anybody as long as there's a change. That's about as willy nilly as it gets.

How about we replace Elway with me? I'll take a lot less money than Elway and you all get your change. Win/win.
              The bolded part is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Clint says it in a way that only Clint can!!!

Lets get some wins pal! You deserve it!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  I'll get you 90% the way there.....page 4

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...Elway-be-fired
                  You found that post I mentioned. Thx pal!!:thumb:

I read this a while back, and I trust there are many more....that's why I don't get hung up over me having to find a replacement.

And thx again Rod!!

Comment

To be sure, we fans (and this is what this thread is about) can be like someone who reports a malfunctioning traffic light. I am quite sure in a case like that, the service person doesn't ask, "so what type of light do you recommend?"

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      You found that post I mentioned. Thx pal!!:thumb:

I read this a while back, and I trust there are many more....that's why I don't get hung up over me having to find a replacement.

And thx again Rod!!
                      I knew Rod posted it, wasn't that hard. Whether Elway is replaced or not I think anyone of the mentioned applicants could do a good job. I really don't think John is getting replaced but we'll see

Comment

Working...
                      X