• drhiii
    replied
    Orton.

Messages too short, so... Orton.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree with Freyaka that’s like choosing which way you wanna die.
    I would have to take Flacco, he has a SB MVP, a 10-5 postseason record, and my favorite stat is he has beat the pats in Foxboro.
    Orton beat the Pats as a Bronco. A far more impressive feat if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I agree with Freyaka that’s like choosing which way you wanna die.
    I would have to take Flacco, he has a SB MVP, a 10-5 postseason record, and my favorite stat is he has beat the pats in Foxboro.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    That's like choosing death by shotgun or pistol... Still death and there are no winners.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Depends?

Whos the coach? I mean I'll take Flacco with McDaniels as coach any day sice he would be running the offense out of shotgun 80% of the time.

JMD, still the greatest offensive coach Denver has ever had.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    We should at least give JMcD some cred since we're here discussing Orton in the first place. He a cheating, backstabbing dirt bag, but he's a good offensive coordinator at the end of the day. I have no doubts about that. The guy is prolonging Brady's career right now with a smart offense that compliments a good defense. We'll see how they do when they have to actually play a real NFL team, but I have to respect McDaniels for getting production with Kyle Orton. That guy was by no means a starting NFL quarterback.

That said, give me Tebow...

Leave a comment:

• ozzies94ta
    replied
    Depends on how we were to acquire the two. If Orton was a FA signing for minimal salary while trading for flacco was a 4th rounder...

Or is Flacco was a FA signing for minimal salary while trading for Orton required a 4th rounder...

I'd choose the cheaper option as they are one in the same

Leave a comment:

• DenverJay
    replied
    Yep, I'm eager to see what Allen can do.

Orton or Flacco, both have similar neck beards. I think everything else is also a coin flip between the two.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Lets get an O-line and any of the above listed QB's suddenly look like Brady.

If we're going to continue with the Garett Bolles of the world, it'll have to be Mahomes or Wilson.

Tebow ran like a tight end from time to time... Put a Fullback in front of the QB and have him run up the gut three times?

Orton, No!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    This question is like a kick to the groin with the left foot or the right foot?

But in the spirit, I’d take Flacco. KO had better offensive players around him. Better OL, better WR’s, better TE. This offense only has the better RB. Most of the offensive players KO went 4-12 with, were still there for 12-4 PM and some were there for the SB run in 2013 also. KO had better play calling in 2009. McD probably would’ve been HC of the year that year had he not been who he is.

If Flacco has all that, I have to believe we’d be a much better spot. This team is just an absolute dumpster fire right now.
    The 4-12 Orton season put up more points than this offense. Since this offense is statistically the worst in team history.

They also had a far worse defense than Flacco plays with. You might could argue the offensive talent is better and the players were the same as with Pm. But the defense was horrendous. They added more talent on D by the time Manning arrived most notably Von.

Also I believe Flacco got the final 3 starts of that season? Or 2 1/2? And only beat Houston. Not excusing Orton at all but I don’t believe he lost all 12.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Easily Flacco. Flacco can at least get the ball downfield and he lead us on two late go-ahead scores. Orton was a paper QB that looked good and put up decent stats but would choke when the game was on the line. I also think Orton had better O talent to work with, especially with Sanders now gone.
    As someone already stated Orton was a master and getting the ball Downfield too. I’d be willing to bet Flacco has even led more 3 and outs than Orton did.

Also Sanders leaving is completely irrelevant to the discussion. We’ve only seen Flacco perform one time this season without sanders on the field. And now Flacco likely will not play again in 2019. So essentially 7 out of 8 games with Flacco he had Sanders. Can’t use that as an excuse for Flacco.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post

But in the spirit, I’d take Flacco. KO had better offensive players around him. Better OL, better WR’s, better TE. This offense only has the better RB. Most of the offensive players KO went 4-12 with, were still there for 12-4 PM and some were there for the SB run in 2013 also. KO had better play calling in 2009. McD probably would’ve been HC of the year that year had he not been who he is.

If Flacco has all that, I have to believe we’d be a much better spot. This team is just an absolute dumpster fire right now.
    I wouldn't trade this roster for that one. The WR situation was pretty similar. We had Lloyd as a vet that we traded away. We had a couple young, untested receivers named Thomas and Decker. Not entirely dissimilar to the situation they have now. Though having one more vet like we did in Eddie Royal would be nice.

The only TE I recall is Daniel Graham. Solid yet unspectacular. If Fant can develop, he should be much better than what Graham offered.

Online I'll give you. What I wouldn't give for Ryan Clady in his prime right now.

Here's the thing, none of those pieces realized their potential until they had a real QB leading the offense. DT and Decker weren't utilized at all while Orton was QB. Our running game wasn't much of a factor. The o-line was better than what we have now, but it still wasn't good enough to help win more than 4 games.

Basically, all an Orton vs. Flacco debate goes to prove is that you can have decent young weapons, but if you don't have a QB that can run an offense at an NFL level, you're team isn't going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    I'd put an add on Craigslist

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Orton I guess? Same trash qb at a fraction of the cost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X