Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now we're seeing how much of a raw deal Vance got.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think you're spot on, although a locker room needs some veterans there to be a beacon for these young guys too. We need a youth movement but we also need the likes of Von to keep these guys in check too
    Agreed, and Von proved today that he can still impact the game in a lot of ways. Von has been great all season defending the run, but today he created some pressure which resulted in others guys getting clean up sacks that don't happen if Von is causing havoc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      This team is more than a couple of late game collapses from the playoffs.
      We literally are only 1 blown lead away from having something to play for in week 17 just like the Raiders.

If we beat the Bears and Colts we would be 8-7 and tied for 6th. Even if we just don’t get the roughing the passer against the bears we would be 7-8 and just needing the Steelers and titans to lose.

I’ve said bad teams find ways to lose games. And therefore we did it four times. But this team very easily could be 10-5 right now. They blew it and there record is what we are. A losing team.

But there is way more reason to believe this year showed that next year could finally be the year compared to a year ago.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        actually no we aren't according to you...because just 2 games would have us at 8-7 & we would own the tie breakers over titans & stealers, so yes we are a couple late blown leads from the playoffs!
        How would we own the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh? They would have more AFC wins and we didn’t beat them head to head. Besides, we didn’t win those close games.

Comment

How would we own the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh? They would have more AFC wins and we didn’t beat them head to head. Besides, we didn’t win those close games.
          The Steelers are 6-5 against the AFC. We are 5-6 against the AFC. If we win next week and they lose it would be 6-6 for both with us finishing only 1 game behind them.

That means if we had held on against only Jags or Colts on the final drive we would have had a better AFC record.

It may not wind up that way but if we win and they lose it would literally have come down to us only needing 1 game to have swung the other way.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            We literally are only 1 blown lead away from having something to play for in week 17 just like the Raiders.

If we beat the Bears and Colts we would be 8-7 and tied for 6th. Even if we just don’t get the roughing the passer against the bears we would be 7-8 and just needing the Steelers and titans to lose.

I’ve said bad teams find ways to lose games. And therefore we did it four times. But this team very easily could be 10-5 right now. They blew it and there record is what we are. A losing team.

But there is way more reason to believe this year showed that next year could finally be the year compared to a year ago.
            No matter how much we want to re-write the season this team lost nine games. It’s great to go back and “what if” the scenarios but the fact remains the team lost nine games and was eliminated last week.

The Broncos have won against the Chargers twice (5-10), Titans (8-7), Browns (6-9), Texans (10-5) and Lions (3-11-1). Four wins against losing teams and two against winning teams.

There are some bright spots on the team Fangio has the defense playing well considering injuries. Lock has potential and a reason to be more optimistic. At the same time Lock hasn’t played good defenses, except the Chiefs who’ve improved.

Comment

No matter how much we want to re-write the season this team lost nine games. It’s great to go back and “what if” the scenarios but the fact remains the team lost nine games and was eliminated last week.

The Broncos have won against the Chargers twice (5-10), Titans (8-7), Browns (6-9), Texans (10-5) and Lions (3-11-1). Four wins against losing teams and two against winning teams.

There are some bright spots on the team Fangio has the defense playing well considering injuries. Lock has potential and a reason to be more optimistic. At the same time Lock hasn’t played good defenses, except the Chiefs who’ve improved.
              The team prior to Lock lost 8 games. The team is 3-1 with Lock and 1-1 against playoff teams.

You can choose to be continue to be pessimistic despite the last 4 weeks. I choose to be optimistic about the future with Lock.
              sigpic

Comment

The team prior to Lock lost 8 games. The team is 3-1 with Lock and 1-1 against playoff teams.

You can choose to be continue to be pessimistic despite the last 4 weeks. I choose to be optimistic about the future with Lock.
                There is reason to be optimistic with Lock, as I said above. He’s shown enough to earn the opportunity to be the quarterback to build around going into 2020. At the same time I’m not going to get ahead of where this team stands. Lock opened with a mediocre but good enough performance vs a bad Chargers team. He played a good half of football vs Texans, the 28th ranked defense with a very poor secondary. The Chiefs game was one to forget with the snow and poor play all around, Lock included. Lock played well today against the Lions 29th ranked defense. There are some positives for sure however this roster needs more talent to compete against good teams.

Comment

There is reason to be optimistic with Lock, as I said above. He’s shown enough to earn the opportunity to be the quarterback to build around going into 2020. At the same time I’m not going to get ahead of where this team stands. Lock opened with a mediocre but good enough performance vs a bad Chargers team. He played a good half of football vs Texans, the 28th ranked defense with a very poor secondary. The Chiefs game was one to forget with the snow and poor play all around, Lock included. Lock played well today against the Lions 29th ranked defense. There are some positives for sure however this roster needs more talent to compete against good teams.
                  yes we need big help on the OL DL DB and more speed at WR

Comment

I never said they didn’t need a lot more help. There is a difference between saying this team is a blown lead or two away from playoffs and saying this team is a blown lead or two away from competing for a title. Please don’t think we are saying the latter.

The Steelers and Titans both sit at 8-7 and are both very flawed teams. It’s not a stretch to say we could beat both. In fact we beat the titans. And a half of that shutout was against even Tannehill. I haven’t tracked all their games but I imagine some of their wins are also against crappy defenses. In fact the week after Lock smoked Houston Tannehill wet the bed against that same D at home. And Winston just threw four picks against them in his house. Give Lock credit where credit is due man.

I’m not saying Lock is a piece or two away from 2015 success. Just saying if Chubb doesn’t get called for roughing the passer or the clock runs out on the bears, or if Von holds on for a sack on Brissett against the Colts then this team is competing for a playoff spot in week 17. Even if it is as a 9-7 6th seed.
                    sigpic

Comment

I never said they didn’t need a lot more help. There is a difference between saying this team is a blown lead or two away from playoffs and saying this team is a blown lead or two away from competing for a title. Please don’t think we are saying the latter.

The Steelers and Titans both sit at 8-7 and are both very flawed teams. It’s not a stretch to say we could beat both. In fact we beat the titans. And a half of that shutout was against even Tannehill. I haven’t tracked all their games but I imagine some of their wins are also against crappy defenses. In fact the week after Lock smoked Houston Tannehill wet the bed against that same D at home. And Winston just threw four picks against them in his house. Give Lock credit where credit is due man.

I’m not saying Lock is a piece or two away from 2015 success. Just saying if Chubb doesn’t get called for roughing the passer or the clock runs out on the bears, or if Von holds on for a sack on Brissett against the Colts then this team is competing for a playoff spot in week 17. Even if it is as a 9-7 6th seed.
                      We can always “what if” games and re-write the season. Those scenarios don’t acknowledge the 59 minutes of football before a bad call, not to mention the subsequent plays. In both of those games the defense had chances to make plays and they didn’t get it done. They also could have won in Minnesota but they blew a 20 point lead. Playoff teams find ways to win games.

As far as Lock, I’ve given him credit in other posts. I was one of the few who pointed out the plays he could make in this offense based on limited preseason snaps (long before he started a regular season game). Pointing out the defenses he’s had success against isn’t taking anything away from him, it’s simply context.

Anyway, we’re drifting from the main topic. Fangio will wrap up his first season next week. IMO he’s done a solid job considering the team played three quarterbacks, no starting caliber RT and several injuries.

Comment

• I had a pretty bleak outlook after starting 0-4. The recent excitement of Lock and scratching out a few wins has been refreshing.

I still maintain that this team has serious depth issues and this offseason will be crucial - probably the most crucial offseason since 2015.

This coaching staff was not stellar this season. Still, they’ve shown enough to warrant a little hope for next season. That includes Scangs, IMO

The season started horribly, but it’s ending with a little bit of promise, which is more than I can say for the last 3 years. A good offseason and some growth from our young QB and coaching staff could bode very well for next season.

We shall see how it all pans out, but right now I’m more encouraged with this team than I have been for a very long time.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Why are we still talking about Vance a year later?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Why are we still talking about Vance a year later?
                            No clue. VJ had two years to prove himself here as a head coach. He failed to do so and looks like he could be out of a job again if the Cardinals part ways with the DC.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Why are we still talking about Vance a year later?
                              Good question.

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                              No clue. VJ had two years to prove himself here as a head coach. He failed to do so and looks like he could be out of a job again if the Cardinals part ways with the DC.
                              Good answer.
                              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X