Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Brandon Allen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    can't blame him for thinking that.......... our #1 QB is out and we were bad with him ...... so simple logic would say things would get worse

    .....team chemistry just isn't that simple.

    Makes sense from Coward's perspective to feel that way. But despite having a top 10 defense, our #1 QB was so effective leading the offense, the Broncos at 2-6. We've been blown out only once this season, and that was against the best offense in the league. Unless Allen completely blows on Sunday, a Browns blowout is a stretch.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

    Comment


    • #32
      I am hoping and wishing for the Best !!

      Comment


      • #33
        Fact is, most experts are picking Cleveland this weekend, and that should not be surprising. I could stand up on the highest mountain and proclaim a Bronco victory, but odds are simply against us. With Flacco I thought we had the advantage, but not with a relatively unknown, backup type.

        Hey, The Broncos could make a real game out of this, if the D comes to play, because Mayfield and all his weapons are unimpressive so far. He looks susceptible to any form of pass rush.

        And a solid ground attack is not only expected, but wise, given the caliber of our backs. If Allen can "manage" the game, it's definitely winnable.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Fact is, most experts are picking Cleveland this weekend, and that should not be surprising. I could stand up on the highest mountain and proclaim a Bronco victory, but odds are simply against us. With Flacco I thought we had the advantage, but not with a relatively unknown, backup type.

          Hey, The Broncos could make a real game out of this, if the D comes to play, because Mayfield and all his weapons are unimpressive so far. He looks susceptible to any form of pass rush.

          And a solid ground attack is not only expected, but wise, given the caliber of our backs. If Allen can "manage" the game, it's definitely winnable.
          He benefits from zero expectation but a lot of hope and goodwill. He really has nothing to lose. I hope he plays to the limits of his ability with no fear or negative thoughts, even if he has a shaky start.

          If he does, we can win the game.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by GMTD View Post
            He benefits from zero expectation but a lot of hope and goodwill. He really has nothing to lose. I hope he plays to the limits of his ability with no fear or negative thoughts, even if he has a shaky start.

            If he does, we can win the game.
            I agree. The problem of course is that this is a big stage for someone like him, and it's not just about talent (if he is talented enough), but his mental ability to accept the speed and complexity of the game. I am always basically shocked when I see a new QB walk onto the field with confidence and the wherewithal to perform at a reasonably good level.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I agree. The problem of course is that this is a big stage for someone like him, and it's not just about talent (if he is talented enough), but his mental ability to accept the speed and complexity of the game. I am always basically shocked when I see a new QB walk onto the field with confidence and the wherewithal to perform at a reasonably good level.
              I remember being somewhat impressed with him in his pre season showing against us. Apparently the FO was as well.

              I'm hoping he lights it up, I have to, it's what I do.
              [sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                I remember being somewhat impressed with him in his pre season showing against us. Apparently the FO was as well.

                I'm hoping he lights it up, I have to, it's what I do.
                And it's why you are so cool dude!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I agree. The problem of course is that this is a big stage for someone like him, and it's not just about talent (if he is talented enough), but his mental ability to accept the speed and complexity of the game. I am always basically shocked when I see a new QB walk onto the field with confidence and the wherewithal to perform at a reasonably good level.
                  It’s happened a few times this season between Minshew, Rudolph (even Hodges), and Kyle Allen. Some might even throw in guys like Bridgewater and Tannehill.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    Colin Cowherd said the Browns are going to blow out the Broncos this weekend.
                    cowherds views on football are troll like and lack original thought. Find the obvious and push it until its a dead story. smh
                    I need more Oline, please and thank you

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I think scrangrello gets creative, allen allows movement, his ablility allows the him to escape or avoid would be sacks

                      and with a focus on running the ball I think he can do enough to win...if the defense balls out
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                        We will finish 10-6 or 9-7. Our coaching staff including Scang are legit. 2-6 is what happens when you put a sitting duck without pocket presence behind our crappy o-line. Beside the KC game, we were in position to win all of the other games including GB.
                        Yes, we were competitive in games with a starting qb who took all the snaps in the preseason and practice. Now we are starting a qb who has never taken a regular season snap and wasn't even in our training camp, and you somehow think the results will actually get better? That's just pure wishful thinking. Nothing football related about that kind of speculation.
                        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          He benefits from zero expectation but a lot of hope and goodwill. He really has nothing to lose. I hope he plays to the limits of his ability with no fear or negative thoughts, even if he has a shaky start.

                          If he does, we can win the game.
                          The most physically talented QB in the last 2 decades (Aaron Rodgers) has been made to look bad multiple times by defenses, having had years of preparation and continuity in his offense (prior to this year of course). Most famously the Broncos D held him to under 80 yards of passing FOR AN ENTIRE GAME in 2015. No, the Browns D is nowhere near as good as Denver's D was that year, or even this year, but Brandon Allen is ABSOLUTELY not Aaron Rodgers. And even if he has some sort of magic in him, this O-line with this ridiculous, conservative offense, unless he goes out there and ignores the play calls and plays like future hall of famer, we are absolutely not winning this game.
                          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                            Yes, we were competitive in games with a starting qb who took all the snaps in the preseason and practice. Now we are starting a qb who has never taken a regular season snap and wasn't even in our training camp, and you somehow think the results will actually get better? That's just pure wishful thinking. Nothing football related about that kind of speculation.
                            Allen wasn’t in Broncos camp but he has been in camps and preseason for four seasons. He is comfortable under center and plays best with bootlegs and rollouts, which fits with Scangarello’s offense (Flacco wasn’t suited for the offense). He can make all the throws and has a quick release. He reminds me of Chad Kelly. I believe he’ll play better than most fans anticipate.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I am at least a little excited to see what happens Sunday...it might die quickly ... but excitement is a good thing..
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                                LOl. He is not good.

                                At haltime I predict these will be his stats
                                4/14 37 yards, 2int, 1 sack fumble. We do not cross mid field.

                                He is an unknown and that is exciting but he is not very good. Do you think Brandstater playing would be good? No? Neither is he.

                                We will likely get shut out this game. We will get curb stomped, which is okay, we need lock to play and the lower pick, but make no mistake Allen is not a good QB. We will have a much worse offense with him in there. As much as flacco sucks, this guy is way way way way way way worse.

                                Ultimately I will have him at 120 yards, 4 ints, 1 fumble- 0 points.
                                I think you're closer to the truth than some. The way I'm expecting things to go, we might see some Rypien in the second half. It will be good to let them battle it out to see if we might be able to groom one into a long term backup.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X