QB Brandon Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    If Allen keeps playing well and we keep winning, it doesn't matter what we do with Lock. Controversy will only come if Allen doesn't play well. Best case scenario for Denver right now is to see Allen continuing to improve each week. We need a QB to take the role of THE guy in Denver. If that guy is Allen, then Lock is no longer a factor for us.
    I am pretty sure we will see Rypien and maybe Lock too before season is over.

The offense just has too many problems to think a 1st time starter is going to be the solution.

I am enjoying the win and tying a season high in scoring. Maybe we can even build on this.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I’m happy has he’ll for Allen, Good for him to get this W must feel special, he’s a thousand times better than that POS Flacco. Is he the answer ? Who knows off too a good start

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        I am pretty sure we will see Rypien and maybe Lock too before season is over.

The offense just has too many problems to think a 1st time starter is going to be the solution.

I am enjoying the win and tying a season high in scoring. Maybe we can even build on this.
        They would be extremely foolish to bench Allen as long as Allen is winning. Only reason either of Rypien or Lock should see any playing time is if Allen begins to stink it up. But as it stands after today's performance, QB1 belongs to Allen and Allen alone. He's earned a couple weeks as the unquestionable starter.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Lock probably sucks. Elway knows
          It. Allen ? Who knows I’m in no rush. This team is still at least a year and a draft away. I doubt Allen or Lock are the answer but lets find out for sure

Comment

Give the kid some time with first team and we might be ok
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I was talking to an ex gf and she laughed how much better Allen was. If we keep flacco next year I’ll lose my mind. The guys were hugging him and showed like they gave a darn bout the game. Only thing that upset me was I was seeing holding so many times that were not called. We did dodge. Bullet because we all know mayfield made it on the fourth down.

Comment

After the 2018 season imo our offense had more problems than could be realistically fixed in 1 year. Even on "good" days we are going to see issues.
                Also got to take in consideration

Allen never took a snap in training camp, at least in ours because he wasn’t here

Then he hasn’t took a practice snap at all with the first team until five days ago

Timing and knowing routes will develop with time
                Last edited by arapaho; 11-03-2019, 06:22 PM.
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                  They would be extremely foolish to bench Allen as long as Allen is winning. Only reason either of Rypien or Lock should see any playing time is if Allen begins to stink it up. But as it stands after today's performance, QB1 belongs to Allen and Allen alone. He's earned a couple weeks as the unquestionable starter.
                  We are 7th in sacks allowed (not sure if this was before or after Thursday games)

Allen just made his first start.

IMO it is very likely for multiple reasons we will see another QB start. Hope you are pointing to Allen's great record in Jan and saying I was wrong but after watching 4 decades of NFL football I think it is more likely we will see another QB before the 2019 season is over.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                    I was talking to an ex gf and she laughed how much better Allen was. If we keep flacco next year I’ll lose my mind. The guys were hugging him and showed like they gave a darn bout the game. Only thing that upset me was I was seeing holding so many times that were not called. We did dodge. Bullet because we all know mayfield made it on the fourth down.
                    He may have got there, the left side of his body definitely did, but the ball was in his right hand and they never showed an angle where you could see where the ball was when he went down

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      Also got to take in consideration

Allen never took a snap in training camp, at least in ours because he wasn’t here

Then he hasn’t took a practice snap at all with the first team

Timing and knowing routes will develop with time
                      This is true.

Coaches have seen enough to know how to make some plays for Allen and the coaches will get better plays as the season goes on too.

It will take the NFL defenses a bit of time to figure out Allen's rough spots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                        He benefits from zero expectation but a lot of hope and goodwill. He really has nothing to lose. I hope he plays to the limits of his ability with no fear or negative thoughts, even if he has a shaky start.

If he does, we can win the game.
                        ...and there you go.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          He may have got there, the left side of his body definitely did, but the ball was in his right hand and they never showed an angle where you could see where the ball was when he went down
                          I think they ended up showing one angle where you could see the ball short of the line. The 1st down was right on the yard line and they showed a clip from behind the play. Looked like the ball was short of the yard line. It was close but I think the way he turned kept the ball short.

Comment

We are 7th in sacks allowed (not sure if this was before or after Thursday games)

Allen just made his first start.

IMO it is very likely for multiple reasons we will see another QB start. Hope you are pointing to Allen's great record in Jan and saying I was wrong but after watching 4 decades of NFL football I think it is more likely we will see another QB before the 2019 season is over.
                            It's certainly a possibility, but as long as Allen keeps leading scoring drives and the Broncos keep winning, there will be absolutely no reason to make a change.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I just loved the run. Flacco would just sit like a duck

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                                Give the kid some time with first team and we might be ok
                                They mentioned during the game that Allen hadn’t thrown a single pass to a starting receiver in practice, Flacco had literally taken every single rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X