Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    I want us to draft Braden Mann. He’d be worth his weight in gold.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    McNuggets is to blame for that.
    yes terrible because he knew nothing about building a team

RB Knowshon Moreno (2009, Round 1, Pick 12): 241 rushing attempts, 1,038 yards, 10 touchdowns, 60 catches, 548 yards, three touchdowns DE Robert Ayers (2009, Round 1, Pick 18): 29 tackles, 5.5 sacks, forced fumble FS David Bruton (2009, Round 4, Pick 114): 23 tackles P Britton Colquitt (2009 free agent): 65 punts, 2,893 yards, 44.5 average, 38.8 net average WR Demaryius Thomas (2010, Round 1, Pick 22): 92 catches, 1,430 yards, 14 touchdowns OG Zane Beadles (2010, Round 2, Pick 45): 16 starts at left guard WR Eric Decker (2010, Round 3, Pick 87): 87 catches, 1,288 yards, 11 touchdowns DT Kevin Vickerson (2010, free agent): 22 tackles, sack OT Chris Clark (2010, free agent): 14 starts at left tackle DT Mitch Unrein (2010, free agent): 20 tackles

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2014/01/josh-mcdani...through-draft/

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    seriously they should give Marquette King Jr another shot

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    It was not Vance, it's Tom McMahon who did that and Marquette even said McMahon is doing the same thing to Wadman. The HC just defers to the ST coordinator.

The Broncos are so eager to fire OCs yet McMahon keeps surviving despite the poor results on special teams.
    Totally Agree 100%. I do also find it baffling how the ST Coach gets to keep his job when his Units that he has fielded perform at the bottom of the League time after time again. Punting the Ball is Critical it could totally flip the field and help our defense instead we always keep the Lame Punter who can only kick it 20 yards not really flipping the field there whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
    You forgot Brett Kern who is one of the better punters in the NFL this past season.
    McNuggets is to blame for that.

Leave a comment:

• ThreeGees
    replied
    Originally posted by bfallona View Post
    Anybody but Wadman and while I don't want to pull an Al Davis ala Ray Guy a punter can be weapon vs a lilability like we have. And a lot is John's fault as 2 of the top punters in the NFL are former Bronco's ( Dixon & Colquitte!
    You forgot Brett Kern who is one of the better punters in the NFL this past season.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    It was not Vance, it's Tom McMahon who did that and Marquette even said McMahon is doing the same thing to Wadman. The HC just defers to the ST coordinator.

The Broncos are so eager to fire OCs yet McMahon keeps surviving despite the poor results on special teams.
    Sounds like the punter just needs to make a business decision and kick their own way. If King was kicking 60+ yarders like that I bet McMahon would’ve been let go before King was regardless of if he was disregarding his “coaching”.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    And to think we had this guy and with VJ's vast wealth of knowledge, he tried to get him to change his style, got him hurt and then let him go and we got Colby Wadman.:brick:

We should call him up tomorrow, say sorry we made a mistake and get him back here.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied

And to think we had this guy and with VJ's vast wealth of knowledge, he tried to get him to change his style, got him hurt and then let him go and we got Colby Wadman.:brick:

We should call him up tomorrow, say sorry we made a mistake and get him back here.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The rollout rugby punt is as advantageous in the NFL because the linemen can't leave to go down the field until after the kick. In college and HS a rugby punt works because the line and long snapper can leave immediately after the snap, so you get the coverage immediately with the shield able to protect.

It's still doable, but the advantages just aren't as high.

But some of those Aussies do have cannons. And I believe the Aussie football is significantly heavier than the American football, so it would be an easier kick in theory.
    Absolutely! Look at the punter for Seattle. He is truly a weapon for them.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I think you want Australian Football not rugby. There own style of football is mainly punting all the main scores the field goals and moving the ball down field is mainly done through punting
    I know all about footy! I have been a die hard fan for decades. You are correct in that punting is how trys are scored. I guess my point is that we need help in both punting and place kicking.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Do we have a new punter?????
    Oh wait, he wouldn't be able to play this week anyways would he?

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Have no idea what will happen. Denver may draft a Punter. However, it would be cool to see Tripucka on the back of a Bronco jersey again.
    Yes it would... cps x3 if I could

Leave a comment:

• ozzies94ta
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Have no idea what will happen. Denver may draft a Punter. However, it would be cool to see Tripucka on the back of a Bronco jersey again.
    As he was before my time, I just know him from name and stories from there board alone.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
    I am NOT defending wadman (i honestly dont think its possible) however judging by http://www.nfl.com/player/colbywadma...44/careerstats 44.3 is EXACTLY THE SAME as Wadman

so I guess maybe Shane is just possibly cheaper?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X