Ja’Wuan James out for K.C......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosk View Post
    There has to be a way to void this contract, no? James is a disgrace and a fraud. I hated the signing then, and hate it even more now.

Signing Stephenson, signing Watson, drafting Bolles over Ramczyk, signing James - just an all around bad effort by Elway.
    Very unlikely, unless there is language in the contract for detrimental conduct, or something that gives the Broncos an out. Even then the NFLPA would challenge resulting in arbitration. I just don’t think the Broncos have any leverage. James received $17 mil in 2019 and he’s due another $10 mil guaranteed. He’s guaranteed $32 mil for injury. Best case the Broncos release him after the 2020 season. As of now he’s collected approx $270,000 per snap (63). Just have to hope he decides to play next season. Otherwise he will have cost the team $27 mil for virtually doing nothing.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-18-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I have not followed the James situation, but did I miss something ? I just assumed he was another terrible often injured player Elway overpaid ? People are calling him a disgrace for having a knee injury ? Is there some sort of story about him not actually being injured ? Because if he is actually injured, bit rough to call him out like that, even on a meaningless internet forum.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        I have not followed the James situation, but did I miss something ? I just assumed he was another terrible often injured player Elway overpaid ? People are calling him a disgrace for having a knee injury ? Is there some sort of story about him not actually being injured ? Because if he is actually injured, bit rough to call him out like that, even on a meaningless internet forum.
        I’m not going through a detailed timeline of the circumstances, but essentially he was cleared medically for several weeks and wouldn’t play. Reports said Fangio and the coaches were extremely patient with James, taking his word he “didn’t feel quite right” to play. That’s when Fangio said James needed more time to, “Get mentally and emotionally ready to play”. When he returned vs Texans, Fangio said he was on a snap count to work him back into action. He played the snap count and they pulled him - no injury. Following the Texans game James didn’t practice the entire week before KC and was inactive. Supposedly he said his knee still doesn’t feel right.

Comment

If he’s medically cleared and unwilling to play it would be considered a breach of contract, but Denver might not feel like he’s worth the hassle that would be created with the Union.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

No mental health days in the NFL, if you can play you play. Yeah, James sounds like even more of horrible signing knowing these details.

Comment

James should just retire.

Comment

Thread cleaned.

As frustrating as James has been for the team he is still on the roster and so the COCs toward team members still apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  James should just retire.
                  I think that is in his and the team's best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    I think that is in his and the team's best interest.
                    James’s best interest is to collect the remaining $10 mil guaranteed money. If he’s injured he can collect another $5 million as he had $32 mil guaranteed for injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      James’s best interest is to collect the remaining $10 mil guaranteed money. If he’s injured he can collect another $5 million as he had $32 mil guaranteed for injury.

10char

Comment

Its very possible that he doesn't mentally trust his knee at this point, making him leery to go 100% and ultimately less effective. For practical purposes, the Broncos are stuck with him through the 2020 season. If he can overcome his issue over the off-season and play well next season that would be the best scenario for him and the Broncos. The Broncos might as well hope for, count on that happening because they have no other practical choice. Draft some OL for plan B.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                          If there's no proof of injury, but he still says he's injured, does he get the additional 5 million?

Comment

He should donate this season's salary to charity
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
                              If there's no proof of injury, but he still says he's injured, does he get the additional 5 million?
                              I'll wait until he's no longer on the team to be able to answer that correctly.
                              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

I don't know if its been mentioned or not, but Vic has already said it's doubtful he'll play the Detroit game as he doesn't feel comfortable, or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X