X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
    If there's no proof of injury, but he still says he's injured, does he get the additional 5 million?
    I wouldn’t think so, but not sure. He’ll get $27 mil for sure when it’s all said and done. As posted above hopefully he comes around and plays in 2020. Based on what’s happened thus far the Broncos should plan as if he won’t play.

Leave a comment:

• maaskesr
    replied
    I don't know if its been mentioned or not, but Vic has already said it's doubtful he'll play the Detroit game as he doesn't feel comfortable, or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
    If there's no proof of injury, but he still says he's injured, does he get the additional 5 million?
    I'll wait until he's no longer on the team to be able to answer that correctly.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    He should donate this season's salary to charity

Leave a comment:

• maaskesr
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    James’s best interest is to collect the remaining $10 mil guaranteed money. If he’s injured he can collect another $5 million as he had $32 mil guaranteed for injury.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Its very possible that he doesn't mentally trust his knee at this point, making him leery to go 100% and ultimately less effective. For practical purposes, the Broncos are stuck with him through the 2020 season. If he can overcome his issue over the off-season and play well next season that would be the best scenario for him and the Broncos. The Broncos might as well hope for, count on that happening because they have no other practical choice. Draft some OL for plan B.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    James’s best interest is to collect the remaining $10 mil guaranteed money. If he’s injured he can collect another $5 million as he had $32 mil guaranteed for injury.

10char

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    I think that is in his and the team's best interest.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    James should just retire.
    I think that is in his and the team's best interest.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Thread cleaned.

As frustrating as James has been for the team he is still on the roster and so the COCs toward team members still apply.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    James should just retire.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    No mental health days in the NFL, if you can play you play. Yeah, James sounds like even more of horrible signing knowing these details.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    If he’s medically cleared and unwilling to play it would be considered a breach of contract, but Denver might not feel like he’s worth the hassle that would be created with the Union.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I have not followed the James situation, but did I miss something ? I just assumed he was another terrible often injured player Elway overpaid ? People are calling him a disgrace for having a knee injury ? Is there some sort of story about him not actually being injured ? Because if he is actually injured, bit rough to call him out like that, even on a meaningless internet forum.
    I’m not going through a detailed timeline of the circumstances, but essentially he was cleared medically for several weeks and wouldn’t play. Reports said Fangio and the coaches were extremely patient with James, taking his word he “didn’t feel quite right” to play. That’s when Fangio said James needed more time to, “Get mentally and emotionally ready to play”. When he returned vs Texans, Fangio said he was on a snap count to work him back into action. He played the snap count and they pulled him - no injury. Following the Texans game James didn’t practice the entire week before KC and was inactive. Supposedly he said his knee still doesn’t feel right.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    I have not followed the James situation, but did I miss something ? I just assumed he was another terrible often injured player Elway overpaid ? People are calling him a disgrace for having a knee injury ? Is there some sort of story about him not actually being injured ? Because if he is actually injured, bit rough to call him out like that, even on a meaningless internet forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X