Interesting tidbits from 104.3 The Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting tidbits from 104.3 The Fan

D-Mac reported yesterday on 104.3 The Fan that the reason why Kelce played lights out on Sunday was because they deviated from their game plan, switching from man-coverage to zone, leaving Kelce open in the middle all game long. This was due to Chris Harris, Jr. being burned badly by Tyreek Hill on the touchdown pass and the Broncos' fear that if they didn't switch to zone, Hill would have done that all day long vs. CHJ.

D-Mac also reported that Elway's original plan for the draft was to take Drew Lock at #10 but the coaching staff talked him out of it, but this created some disagreement (for lack of a better word) over what to do at #10, which was why the Broncos traded out of that spot and ultimately drafted Noah Fant.

Nothing Earth-shattering but I thought it was interesting to share nonetheless.
    sigpic

So Elway listened to somebody . Then he got his guy in the 2nd . Winner winner chicken dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
      So Elway listened to somebody . Then he got his guy in the 2nd . Winner winner chicken dinner.
      Well, that's one way to look at it.

My way of looking at it is that this team lacks any type of cohesive plan whatsoever, and the coaching staff and front office aren't on the same page.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
        And got a fantastic guard and potentially a really good TE too.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          D-Mac reported yesterday on 104.3 The Fan that the reason why Kelce played lights out on Sunday was because they deviated from their game plan, switching from man-coverage to zone, leaving Kelce open in the middle all game long. This was due to Chris Harris, Jr. being burned badly by Tyreek Hill on the touchdown pass and the Broncos' fear that if they didn't switch to zone, Hill would have done that all day long vs. CHJ.

D-Mac also reported that Elway's original plan for the draft was to take Drew Lock at #10 but the coaching staff talked him out of it, but this created some disagreement (for lack of a better word) over what to do at #10, which was why the Broncos traded out of that spot and ultimately drafted Noah Fant.

Nothing Earth-shattering but I thought it was interesting to share nonetheless.
          [/I]
          If that is the case I am disappointed in that decision defensively. Travis Kelce kills us 2 times every year. We had the ability to put some pressure on Mahomes to where he was not able to throw really long passes consistently. Of course he didn't need to because Kelce was putting up HOF numbers on us underneath.
          Last edited by WYBRONCO; 12-17-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Sounds like they're losing faith in CHJ. At this point, I wouldn't mind him walking in the offseason. We could use a youth movement at CB.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

The Broncos have been playing a lot of zone this season. The weather plays a part in the decision to play zone. Kelce is maybe the best TE in the league. Not interesting at all.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                Sounds like they're losing faith in CHJ. At this point, I wouldn't mind him walking in the offseason. We could use a youth movement at CB.
                I unfortunately have to agree with you. CHJ has looked a step slow often this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                  I unfortunately have to agree with you. CHJ has looked a step slow often this year.
                  Yup, he can't be a CB1 next year. If we can sign him cheap and have him play the slot or something, fine. But he's lost a step, and from what I've heard wants big money. Hopefully we can find some replacements.

Comment

I imagine covering Tyreek Hill one on one in snow is like taking the steering wheel off your car, and doing 100 with vice grips clamped on the column.

Comment

The tidbit about the #10 pick highlights the lack of flexibility when plan A was thrown out.

Kudos to the coaches for knowing not to draft Lock at 10, but how did no one, especially Elway, not have an alternative other than to trade the pick?

They drafted a tight end who seems to be another one who’s going to have trouble staying healthy. They’ve drafted too many of those guys at that position.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        I imagine covering Tyreek Hill one on one in snow is like taking the steering wheel off your car, and doing 100 with vice grips clamped on the column.
                        Finally a post worth reading! 😂😂
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                          [/I]
                          If that is the case I am disappointed in that decision defensively. Travis Kelce kills us 2 times every year. We had the ability to put some pressure on Mahomes to where he was not able to throw really long passes consistently. Of course he didn't need to because Kelce was putting up HOF numbers on us underneath.
                          Seems like a pick your poison type of situation.

They probably should have stuck with the original game plan and maybe used more double teams on Hill.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Harris looking more like that 2012 roasted version of Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Finally a post worth reading! 😂😂
                              Hey play nice....Spice has lots of posts worth reading LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X