X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
    Love it: "CHJ's lost a step - trade him"

The Denver Bronco Forum never fails to deliver. Stay Classy
    I would say that he was never as good as we thought, but looked better covering the opposition's 2 and 3 receiver. After Talib left and he had to start covering number 1's he started struggling.

And he's lost a step.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      I would say that he was never as good as we thought, but looked better covering the opposition's 2 and 3 receiver. After Talib left and he had to start covering number 1's he started struggling.

And he's lost a step.
      He has definitely not played well this year,that's for sure. And he's gotten progressively worse as the season's gone on.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        The Broncos have been playing a lot of zone this season. The weather plays a part in the decision to play zone. Kelce is maybe the best TE in the league. Not interesting at all.
        It's interesting if their plan was to play man, but because they didn't trust CHJ to cover Hill one-on-one they switched to zone. That would be incredibly telling as to how the coaching staff views CHJ.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Well, that's one way to look at it.

My way of looking at it is that this team lacks any type of cohesive plan whatsoever, and the coaching staff and front office aren't on the same page.
          I think some of us overestimate or understimate the depth of Elway's reach.

If true, I think it was very smart for Elway to allow his coaches to get their scheme specific players according to their draft board.
          This may prove this mess isn't completely Elway's fault.

I mean why higher a person just to micromanage them in the end?

Comment

If Elway wanted him at 10, then why didn’t he take him at 20?

Comment

The only thing I heard was that the plan was to take Devin Bush at 10 but Elway talked Fangio into trading down to fill multiple areas.

As far as man vs zone, Fangio runs zone a lot more than man. Maybe he wanted more man due to the constant miscommunication leading to long TDs but with the snow I doubt they wanted to go man heavy. Either way Simmons shouldn’t help over the top of Harris ever again. There’s a lack of trust there which is why Harris broke hard on the inside despite Simmons being there. Their communication has been terrible every season and hasn’t got better this season.

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                If Elway wanted him at 10, then why didn’t he take him at 20?
                Because he's not an arrogant Jerry Jones, Elway will listen to advice

Comment

Do we believe anything Dmac says? He's a clown

Comment

Working...
                  X