• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a good read about PFF grading:

https://elitesportsny.com/2016/06/07/60083/

Comment

Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
      Since the Pro Bowl is mostly a popularity contest for the fan and player portions of the voting, there's still a chance he could be selected to one of the All-Pro teams, which is more prestigious IMO. That would give him some additional leverage in contract negotiations, but even so, he's earned a big deal with his spectacular play on the field. I'd rather see a long term deal worked out since the franchise tag can cause some resentment among players who get slapped with it.
      Good point about the ALL-Pro team, I agree that it is more "prestigious" ... I hope he doesn't get selected, selfishly. I also would rather he not get tagged.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        No, he is not worth that large price tag that comes along with the franchise tag designation. Simmons has had a great year, by far the best of his career and improved leaps and bounds from the bad 2018 he had. In saying that though, he isn't elite, I wouldn't even call him great. Simmons is a good safety who is becoming a reliable starter with potential to grow. But he is not one of the best safeties in the league, he just isn't that impact player who you give that franchise money too.
        I'm curious; how would you compare him to Adrian Amos? From what you wrote it sounds like you wouldn't consider Simmons a top 10 S? Would you not try and compete in the FA market to sign him?
        Even if its hard to consider him even top 10 all it takes is for one team to think he is and the Broncos will have to compete or lose him in FA.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          I'm curious; how would you compare him to Adrian Amos? From what you wrote it sounds like you wouldn't consider Simmons a top 10 S? Would you not try and compete in the FA market to sign him?
          Even if its hard to consider him even top 10 all it takes is for one team to think he is and the Broncos will have to compete or lose him in FA.
          He would probably be in the top 10, maybe just outside, maybe just inside. He is in the top half of the league probably, but the safety talent across the entire league has been dwindling for years now. Obviously I would try to sign him, he is the one player Elway drafted over that 3 or 4 year period who will probably earn a second contract with the team, but me not thinking he is elite, doesn't mean I don't like him. As I said, I think he is good with room to grow, he took huge steps this season.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            He would probably be in the top 10, maybe just outside, maybe just inside. He is in the top half of the league probably, but the safety talent across the entire league has been dwindling for years now. Obviously I would try to sign him, he is the one player Elway drafted over that 3 or 4 year period who will probably earn a second contract with the team, but me not thinking he is elite, doesn't mean I don't like him. As I said, I think he is good with room to grow, he took huge steps this season.
            I think you’re selling him short. He’s probably the best deep safety we’ve had in the last decade.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I think you’re selling him short. He’s probably the best deep safety we’ve had in the last decade.
              A lot of players on the roster have been sold short when you read these threads. Meanwhile the Broncos are 16-30 since 2017.

Comment

Working...
              X