How much is Lindsay worth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

You do have a point about special teams. Lindsay does not seem to want to play them from my limited research on the topic.

As for ball catching...

Sproles caught 74% of the passes he was targeted.

Lindsay has caught 71% of the passes he was targeted.

IMO the only difference is in the pass catching aspect is how they were being used.
    I could be wrong but Sproles seemed to have more speed / zip than Lindsey. Yes - no - maybe?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Sproles was incredible in space and when healthy he was a better returner, pass catcher, and even blocker than Lindsey. Lindsey is a very solid football player and will benefit most any teams roster, and may put up good numbers all with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
        Sproles was incredible in space and when healthy he was a better returner, pass catcher, and even blocker than Lindsey. Lindsey is a very solid football player and will benefit most any teams roster, and may put up good numbers all with it.
        I think you are right about Sproles being used in space. Those skills were not on display very well his last year in SD which is why they let him go. He really shined in NO when NO made sure when Sproles go the ball he was in space.

Denver really never used Lindsay the way NO used Sproles so it is really hard to say if Lindsay has that capability or not. IMO Lndsay has the physical tools and we will never know if he had the ability to execute that way because Denver never gave him the opportunity.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I think you are right about Sproles being used in space. Those skills were not on display very well his last year in SD which is why they let him go. He really shined in NO when NO made sure when Sproles go the ball he was in space.

Denver really never used Lindsay the way NO used Sproles so it is really hard to say if Lindsay has that capability or not. IMO Lndsay has the physical tools and we will never know if he had the ability to execute that way because Denver never gave him the opportunity.
          That's very true. And I hope Lindsay goes on and has a wonderful career and keeps proving everyone (myself being at the front of the line) wrong, except for when he plays Denver.

Maybe I'm just down on him because I'm down on everything with Denver's offense the last 5 years? But I'm just not sure I see a guy who's going to be playing 5-6 years from now. Though I hope I'm wrong, and I'll happily admit it if I am.

Comment

• Could of sworn I posted my opinion on feeling for Lindsay, given he was the undrafted overachiever, with 2 thousand yard seasons as a rookie/2nd year player, plus he made the pro bowl as a rookie. Talk about adding value to a team that was looking for talent.

I say this because I was a bit critical of him early on, but have to give him so much credit for giving The Broncos extra value, and for so little cost. That's why it's too bad that he can't get a nice raise here, given how much production and fan support he was responsible for.

I know it's a business, but the dude rocks!!

Comment

Working...
            X