8 Years Ago Today | Peak Tebow Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Years Ago Today | Peak Tebow Magic

I’ll never forget this play, I’m pretty sure I ran the 80yds around my house along side DT. Good times. I know Tebow is a polarizing player but this was one of the all time great plays/memories in team history. Definitely a plus that it was against the Steelers!

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1214...477910019?s=12
    sigpic
    ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
    ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Oh yeah , I remember that very well. I was such a Tebow fan , not just for his on the field passion but for his off the field as well. I actually have a miracle towel from the stadium. My boxer / pitbull will be 8 in Dec and his name is Tebow .......go ahead let the ribbing commence lol

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
      Oh yeah , I remember that very well. I was such a Tebow fan , not just for his on the field passion but for his off the field as well. I actually have a miracle towel from the stadium. My boxer / pitbull will be 8 in Dec and his name is Tebow .......go ahead let the ribbing commence lol
      I remember it as well/ But cannot top this story, actually got a smile here. Go BRONCO'S

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
        My lab/putty...same age... is Tebow...lol..
        sigpic

Comment

Timothy almost threw it too far behind DT.

That was close. :-)

Comment

Awesome play / finish. As much hate at Tebow got (and gets), he's just a good dude to root for. Outside of his love for god, religion, etc - he's never done anything to warrant such hate. He's just a good person who liked to play football - and liked to play QB, and run. .

Comment

Originally posted by False Start View Post
              Timothy almost threw it too far behind DT.

That was close. :-)
              Haha.

The drama of the 2011 season was truly special. How do you even begin to explain what happened or how it happened? That play encompassed it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post
                I’ll never forget this play, I’m pretty sure I ran the 80yds around my house along side DT. Good times. I know Tebow is a polarizing player but this was one of the all time great plays/memories in team history. Definitely a plus that it was against the Steelers!

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1214...477910019?s=12
                That play probably ruined his career!
                Tebow played an absolutely stellar game and is more or less only remembered for one pass that dependent on personal feelings for Tebow, was considered lucky or good. Even without that pass he had set several NFL playoff records, but that all got lost in Willis McGahee's fumble, the backwards forward pass that could not be challenged and Champ's dropped int.

There is a high likelihood that Peyton had gone somewhere else if we had lost that game and Tebow would at least have had the chance to loose his job on the football field in real games. It would have been real exciting to have seen how he would have evolved.

Comment

And Tebow is still drawing huge audiences. Just saw a youth conference where he preached in front of tens of thousands. The guy has an energy and authenticity to him--a natural leader. It was a pleasure to watch him play, even if he routinely beat my Vols when he was in Gainesville. God blessed Tebow, and I have no doubt he will continue to lead.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post
                    And Tebow is still drawing huge audiences. Just saw a youth conference where he preached in front of tens of thousands......
                    That is really the sad part of Tebow the football player that talking about him always ventures into people loving or hating the person for his religious beliefs and how he expresses them.

Tebow the football player is extremely interesting because some of what he did looked so awful, yet he was able to put the team on his back in a spectacular fashion. Somehow the fact that Peyton Manning was a better QB, in the alternate reality becomes that TT was the worst ever.

In reality Tebow five games in had substantially more TDs than Lock who is our saviour, and supposedly for many our franchise QB. If you look at actual achievement Tebow was stellar - it might not have been sustainable if he had started for us in 2012, but then he might have continued to be better than Elway was over the same number of games.

I find it really sad that we need to discuss him from an angle that is not football.

Comment

Tebow was great. Easily my favorite player. The night we drafted him, the moment we drafted him, may have been the most excited I've ever been about Broncos football outside of winning the Super Bowl.

Oh, and every time we beat Brady. That always feels good. Hoping Tom comes back for one more season so Lock can kick him and the Pats around a bit.

And this game was one of my favorite games ever. Such a huge upset. Loved it.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                      X