Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacation to Denver?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vacation to Denver?

    Hello, mods if this is the wrong spot feel free to move.

    I’m in Ohio and for years have wanted to come to Denver for a vacation. Ideally I would like to come in September with the ideal plan being to take in a Broncos game, take in a Rockies game, and take in a concert at Red Rocks. Depending on the schedule I thought it would be cool to also take in a Broncos game in KC while we’re out West, but not important.

    My questions are;

    1. What is the best place to stay downtown? Not looking to spend a fortune but still want nice accommodations.

    2. While in Denver, what are some other “must dos” ?

    3. How far of a drive is Red Rocks from downtown Denver?

    Any insight is much appreciated. Been trying to sell this to my wife for awhile now. Anything you want to add is welcome to. Thanks all!

  • #2
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Hello, mods if this is the wrong spot feel free to move.

    I’m in Ohio and for years have wanted to come to Denver for a vacation. Ideally I would like to come in September with the ideal plan being to take in a Broncos game, take in a Rockies game, and take in a concert at Red Rocks. Depending on the schedule I thought it would be cool to also take in a Broncos game in KC while we’re out West, but not important.

    My questions are;

    1. What is the best place to stay downtown? Not looking to spend a fortune but still want nice accommodations.

    2. While in Denver, what are some other “must dos” ?

    3. How far of a drive is Red Rocks from downtown Denver?

    Any insight is much appreciated. Been trying to sell this to my wife for awhile now. Anything you want to add is welcome to. Thanks all!
    I don't live there but visit frequently, Airbnb I think is the way to go as far as room and board go. If you are a beer lover, take a tour of Coors brewery :thumb:
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I don't live there but visit frequently, Airbnb I think is the way to go as far as room and board go. If you are a beer lover, take a tour of Coors brewery :thumb:
      Absolutely and Coors is my jam. Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Two words: Casa Bonita. Excellent spanish cuisine and drinks. Great family atmosphere

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          Hello, mods if this is the wrong spot feel free to move.

          I’m in Ohio and for years have wanted to come to Denver for a vacation. Ideally I would like to come in September with the ideal plan being to take in a Broncos game, take in a Rockies game, and take in a concert at Red Rocks. Depending on the schedule I thought it would be cool to also take in a Broncos game in KC while we’re out West, but not important.

          My questions are;

          1. What is the best place to stay downtown? Not looking to spend a fortune but still want nice accommodations.

          2. While in Denver, what are some other “must dos” ?

          3. How far of a drive is Red Rocks from downtown Denver?

          Any insight is much appreciated. Been trying to sell this to my wife for awhile now. Anything you want to add is welcome to. Thanks all!
          Top golf in Centennial. Its about a 20 min drive south of downtown Denver.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Depends what you like...if you like beer...I have many brewery suggestions to visit other than Coors, like Crooked Stave, Weldwerks, Call to Arms, New Image, New Terrain, 4 Noses, Odells and New Belgium, Westbound and Down, Outer Range, Casey.

            If you like food, I have many restaurant choices, like Cholon, Fruition, Le Roux, Brazen, Mercantile, El Five, Sushi Den, Hops and Pie during a Saturday. For a good Happy Hour, Postino Broadway, Historians, Linger.

            If staying in Denver there are some great options like Hotel Monaco, Union Station, The Maven.

            Red rocks is fun, especially if a show is playing. Mt. Evans, Garden of the gods, head to Boulder and see chautauqua, go to Estes Park and drive into Rocky Mountain National Park. Or at that time go to Kenosha pass and maybe catch some early fall color and go back through Morrison and eat at the fort.

            For sure catch a Broncos game and also check out the team store at the stadium not during a game...to crowded.

            Let me know if you need any other suggestions!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
              Two words: Casa Bonita. Excellent spanish cuisine and drinks. Great family atmosphere
              You are evil.... haha
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                Two words: Casa Bonita. Excellent spanish cuisine and drinks. Great family atmosphere
                Wth???

                Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                While in Denver, what are some other “must dos” ?

                How far of a drive is Red Rocks from downtown Denver?

                Any insight is much appreciated. Been trying to sell this to my wife for awhile now. Anything you want to add is welcome to. Thanks all!
                Los Potrancas in Littleton off of Kipling and Coalmine has the best Mexican cuisine in town. Pinche Taco is a good place as well.

                Front Room Pizza in Lakewood off Alameda Pkwy and Jewell is a great place.

                Crave a real Burger in highlands ranch (you’ll put on at least 4lbs. there).

                Sassafras off east Colfax is the best for Cajun food.

                Best Restaurant in town however would be the wishbone off 97th and Federal, great Sunday afternoon farm food!

                Tommy Knockers in Idaho Springs if you like IPAs.

                Red Rocks is about 14 miles west of Downtown Denver. I’d suggest I-25 south to 6th Avenue to I-70 abd then take the Morrison exit.
                Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-19-2020, 09:25 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow thanks guys, keep em comin!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    Wow thanks guys, keep em comin!
                    Casa Bonita is a tourist attraction with cliff divers and a man made cave to explore however the food?

                    Don’t do it...

                    Maybe the cheese enchiladas and Sopapillas but I strongly advise against anything else. Your stomach will hurt so bad your ass will scream.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-20-2020, 01:39 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Casa Bonita is a tourist attraction with cliff divers and a man mad cave to explore however the food?

                      Don’t do it...

                      Maybe the cheese enchiladas and Sopapillas but I strongly advise against anything else. Your stomach will hurt so bad your ass will scream.
                      I have been there a few times but I have only eaten sopapilas the last few times cause the food is bad
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        also if you come to town you need to go red rocks.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A few things:

                          First, echoing others, whoever mentioned Casa Bonita is semi-messing with you. The experience is cool, but most of the food is awful. The sopapillas are excellent though. (Watch South Park episode about it)

                          Second, I cannot recommend Snooze enough. Amazing breakfast food.

                          Third, Buckhorn Exchange is the oldest restaurant in Denver (maybe in the state). Great pioneer food. Don’t be afraid of Rocky Mountain oysters. They are actually delicious.

                          Finally, if you have the time, make a day trip to go to a mountain town like Estes Park, Breckinridge, etc. My in-laws are from Ohio and love going to the mountains when in CO.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                            A few things:

                            First, echoing others, whoever mentioned Casa Bonita is semi-messing with you. The experience is cool, but most of the food is awful. The sopapillas are excellent though. (Watch South Park episode about it)

                            Second, I cannot recommend Snooze enough. Amazing breakfast food.

                            Third, Buckhorn Exchange is the oldest restaurant in Denver (maybe in the state). Great pioneer food. Don’t be afraid of Rocky Mountain oysters. They are actually delicious.

                            Finally, if you have the time, make a day trip to go to a mountain town like Estes Park, Breckinridge, etc. My in-laws are from Ohio and love going to the mountains when in CO.
                            Hahahahaha I forgot about South Park, pretty accurate though.

                            I would suggest Grand Lake if he’s not afraid of heights however Berthoud Pass would be the easier route if he doesn’t like driving with 1000 foot drop offs on both sides.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've been there a few times. The craft breweries are a must . Elways restaurant has the best dang cheeseburgers I've ever had . I think its located in cherry creek or something like that . Also central city and Blackhawk is fun . It's a little casino town . I'm from California so the locals will have to correct me if I'm wrong of the location as it's been years since I've been there. Denver's science and nature museum is cool too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X