Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Shula

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Shula

    Agreed to terms and will be new QB coach.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eir-qbs-coach/

  • #2
    Hmmmm. Used to work with our OC...did good with his rookie this year...
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Hmmmm. Used to work with our OC...did good with his rookie this year...
      Add Lock who is working out with PFM this off-season! Things could blossom!

      Comment


      • #4
        I like the coaching staff as a whole, I think Shula is a great addition to round out the offensive side. Fangio, Donatell, Shurmur, Munchak and Shula make up a whole lot of experience

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          I like the coaching staff as a whole, I think Shula is a great addition to round out the offensive side. Fangio, Donatell, Shurmur, Munchak and Shula make up a whole lot of experience
          As well as Bill Kollar and Wade Harman.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #6
            Everyone was weirdly optimistic last off-season about an unqualified offensive staff coming in, but this year it is warranted. We now have a couple of legitimate hires who have experience and success in the NFL coming in to lead a young, talented offense.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Everyone was weirdly optimistic last off-season about an unqualified offensive staff coming in, but this year it is warranted. We now have a couple of legitimate hires who have experience and success in the NFL coming in to lead a young, talented offense.
              right, don't we seem to do this every year?

              i will believe it when i see the results on the field & this team is competing with the chefs for the division
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                right, don't we seem to do this every year?

                i will believe it when i see the results on the field & this team is competing with the chefs for the division
                Yeah most do, and have been pretty let down by this front office in recent times, but I just really didn't get it last year when you hire unqualified people and expect them to be great because of who their friends are (Young Shanahan).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  As well as Bill Kollar and Wade Harman.
                  Now I’m waiting for the next Special Teams Coach.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                    Now I’m waiting for the next Special Teams Coach.
                    whoever that may be i hope to god he tells mcmanus to kick the damn ball out of the endzone every time...simply not worth kicking it short to try to gain 5 yards or so of field position & then give up a 35 yard return & loose 15 yards...

                    i hate that with a passion!!!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Add Lock who is working out with PFM this off-season! Things could blossom!
                      Me imagining a workout with Manning

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Me imagining a workout with Manning

                        It’s going to be stuff like coaching Lock to tell his WRs

                        “If I put the ball infront of you, don’t stop or turn to come back for it, keep moving forward, otherwise that linebacker is going to kill you”!

                        “If I put the ball behind you, turn to get it because the corner is going to blow you up or pick it off”!

                        “Watch the corners knees, determine which direction he is going to move in reaction to your receivers”!

                        You know PFM football junky type stuff!
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-24-2020, 11:36 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "Shula served as the Panthers’ quarterbacks coach in 2011-12 before being promoted to offensive coordinator. He was in that role from 2013-2017."

                          Besides coaching NYG QB Jones,
                          Shula also coached CAR QB Newton.

                          I wonder if Lock's career will mimic Newton's?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                            "Shula served as the Panthers’ quarterbacks coach in 2011-12 before being promoted to offensive coordinator. He was in that role from 2013-2017."

                            Besides coaching NYG QB Jones,
                            Shula also coached CAR QB Newton.

                            I wonder if Lock's career will mimic Newton's?
                            Newton is a head case who imo has never truly grown up as a man. He is all talent and no grit imo
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              When teams are making moves it is easy to be optimistic things will work out. Obviously 31 out of 32 teams in the NFL are disappointed every year so there is a lot more disappointment going on in the NFL than rewarding seasons. It is understandable why some will not take up the optimism.

                              I choose to be happy with the moves we are making. We got a young QB who looks promising in his first 5 starts and outside the OL we have a lot of promising talent on the offense. Adding two coaches with a lot of experience is a good thing.

                              If this off season pans out...and we can avoid the injury boogeyman....I think 2020 can be the first good offensive season we have had in a long time. This is different because imo for years no matter what we did in the off season (outside of a miracle vet QB acquisition) we were two years away from turning the offense around.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X