X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Barkley and Elliott were drafted higher at #2 and #4, respectively vs Gordon at #15. The salaries are much higher in the top five vs mid to late round picks. Using the 2019 draft the #2 pick contract was $33.5 million vs #15, $14.4 million. Elliott and Barkley have significantly higher rush production.
    The point is we are comparing a "highly paid" RB free agent contract to rookie RB contracts. Both Elliot and Barkley rookie deals will have cap hits higher than Gordon's free agent deal that people do not like because it is one of the top RB contracts.

RBs are paid less than other positions.

If one does not want to take the time to look through all the contracts and different positions and compare than just look at the franchise tag list. The only spot valued lower than RB is ST. I was surprised to see TE was close to RB...but QB is more than double. WR, DE, CB, DT and LB are 50% above the RB value.

2020 Franchise and
    Position Franchise Tag
    QB $26,824,000
    WR $17,865,000
    DE $17,788,000
    CB $16,338,000
    DT $16,126,000
    LB $15,828,000
    OL $14,781,000
    S $11,441,000
    TE $10,607,000
    RB $10,278,000
    ST $5,019,000

https://overthecap.com/franchise-tra...d-rfa-tenders/

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Hoping this brings some more dynamic to the offense. I'm all for improving the offense.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    How did I have it spelled? :doh:
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Melving ...
    You were just thinking Melvin and winning at the same time.

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Melving ...

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Thread title updated.

Funny it took so long to notice.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Thread title updated.

Funny it took so long to notice.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Can the thread name be edited with the correct spelling, Melvin Gordon?
    Why? I kind of like having our first gerund phrase as a Bronco. He'll be totally melvining the AFC West next season!

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Can the thread name be edited with the correct spelling, Melvin Gordon?

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    There has been some concern about Gordon's pay being high for RBs.

Keep in mind that RBs are underpaid. To put it in perspective both Elliot and Barkley's rookie contracts had/have cap hits higher than Gordon's.

When looking down our cap hit list in 2020 Gordon's cap hit put him on the same level as Bryce Callahan 7.8 mil, Chubb 7.5 mil , (Gordon goes here 7mil) Todd Davis 6 mil, Jeff Heuerman 4.3 mil, McManus 4.2 mil and Bolles 3,5 mil. Three of these people are playing on their rookie contract.

Yea his cap hit goes up 2 mil in 2021 but that is hard to accurately evaluate until after a week of free agency in 2021. At 9 mil right now Gordon has the 5th highest cap hit for RBs in 2021. No one else has over 6.3 mil. Henry will probably exceed that assuming he gets a long term deal.
    Barkley and Elliott were drafted higher at #2 and #4, respectively vs Gordon at #15. The salaries are much higher in the top five vs mid to late round picks. Using the 2019 draft the #2 pick contract was $33.5 million vs #15, $14.4 million. Elliott and Barkley have significantly higher rush production.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Keep in mind that RBs are underpaid. To put it in perspective both Elliot and Barkley's rookie contracts had/have cap hits higher than Gordon's.

When looking down our cap hit list in 2020 Gordon's cap hit put him on the same level as Bryce Callahan 7.8 mil, Chubb 7.5 mil , (Gordon goes here 7mil) Todd Davis 6 mil, Jeff Heuerman 4.3 mil, McManus 4.2 mil and Bolles 3,5 mil. Three of these people are playing on their rookie contract.

Yea his cap hit goes up 2 mil in 2021 but that is hard to accurately evaluate until after a week of free agency in 2021. At 9 mil right now Gordon has the 5th highest cap hit for RBs in 2021. No one else has over 6.3 mil. Henry will probably exceed that assuming he gets a long term deal.
    And none of the 4 highest paid RBs made the playoffs last year.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    I'm excited to see Gordon in Shurmur's offense.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    This one says Melving Gordon, and another thread says Melvin Gordan. Maybe it's Melving Gordan?
    Makes me want to go out and buy a Melving Gordan jersey. Haha!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Just noticed the thread title says Melving. I don't know why, but that tickles me.
    This one says Melving Gordon, and another thread says Melvin Gordan. Maybe it's Melving Gordan?

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Just noticed the thread title says Melving. I don't know why, but that tickles me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X