Welcome aboard Melvin Gordon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome aboard Melvin Gordon!

Per CBS Sports. Link when it's available. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/player.../melvin-gordon

Thoughts?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I don’t know what to think. Does that mean PL isn’t the starter anymore?

Comment

Just read this on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...l-with-broncos

I'm a huge Lindsay fan, but I really like this signing. I think it's the best of both worlds. Keep Lindsay fresh for the breakout runs and pound the defense into submission with Gordon who is explosive as well.

2 years $16M with 13.5M guaranteed is what's being reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
        I don’t know what to think. Does that mean PL isn’t the starter anymore?
        I can't imagine it means that. I think they are going to be used in very different ways. The falcons used 2 different backs for 3 or 4 years very effectively, under Shanahan. I know Shurmur doesn't run Shanahan's system, but it's still West Coast. If this move affects anyone, I'd say Freeman will lose far more touches than Lindsay.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Gordon is really good in the passing game, love to see them both him and Lindsay at times in the back field and Gordon motion out so he gets a linebacker one on one.
          Did it to us many times.
          Last edited by 58Miller; 03-20-2020, 11:02 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/ESPN/videos/2113123222331096/
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Great signing. I am impressed that they even went that route.

Comment

Wow!!!

Easily one of the best RB tandems in football! Add another WR or two, and we have just made Lock that much more talented. Loads of support!

We'll go get another Oliner or two as well. This O is getting lethal!!!

Way to go John!!

Comment

I am pretty happy with what they've done so far. Damn I cant wait til the 2020 season!!!
                  sigpic
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                  Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                  US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

Love it!! Love the moves Elway has made this offseason. Sure nothing is gauranteed but on paper Elway has made this team a lot better and in some places younger.

Another solid draft and this team should be a playoff team in 2020.
                    sigpic

Comment

As has been mentioned, not even sure who our #1 back is now. Two years ago it would definitely be Gordon. And if he returns to similar play, he might be. How crazy if Lindsay was our #2 back....even though it would be close.

Comment

I'm not thrilled with this move - he is good out of the backfield in the passing game, I will give him that. I think he's expensive for a rotational player too.

He's a Bronco now so I want nothing but success for him. Welcome aboard

Comment

Gordon was one of the best fantasy backs just recently. Run game and pass game are both sweet spots. I expect he is not quite to that same "very high" level, but wow....what options we now have. Lock will flick his wrist and there's another 5 or more yards. Ds will have to respect the pass game, and boom, another big run. And then boom, Lock goes long ball to at least 2 receivers with speed/catchability.

As for WRs....I still like CeeDee, but I assure you, if we add any one of a number of this year's draftees, we are set on O, weapon wise.

Comment

I think the Chargers even split Gordon out to a slot receiver once in a while. I think Lindsay could do the same if needed. Gordon shouldn't have held out last year, it cost him a lot of money.

Comment

Lindsay and Gordon can easily fill in for each other play to play. It will allow a smooth offensive scheme no matter which RB is in the game.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X