X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Backing off your prediction already? Better means exceeding production in his best season. The stats I posted are his best season. If he is the elite player you claim he should eclipse total rush/receiving yards and rush/receiving touchdowns.
    Come on bro, he has to have better stats in every category? Almost no one does that, ever.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Hmmm. That's not necessarily out of reach. It would be tough to accomplish sharing the load with Lindsey even if he plays well, but it's not necessarily out of reach.
    Anything is possible. Like to bet CPs?

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    The thing that jumped out to me was after a pro bowl season (where he only played 42% of the snaps) Freeman actually played as many snaps as Lindsay. As a lone setback...what Shurmur likes:

PL 143 times 4.3 ypc, 25 rec
    RF 86 times 4.2 ypc, 34 rec (used much more in passing game)

I don't know how the RB position all shakes out, but I would not toss Freeman out of the picture just yet. Running from the formation Shurmur prefers (Barkley 196 carries of 217 came from lone setback) Freeman has perform on par or better than Lindsay.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    We will see, I am not thrilled with the AAV but I like 2 years. We get the "chip" on the shoulder this year and a contract year next year
    RB add value running, receiving, and blocking. Lindsay not great at 2 of the 3 so I see the need (a reason PL only saw 50% of the snaps and Freeman saw the same number > blocker receiver).
    That's what I thought too. But the ESPN stats page has rushing: Lindsey at 224 for 1011, Freeman at 132 for 496 and receiving: Lindsey at 35 of 48 for 196, Freeman 43 of 50 for 256. So they're saying that Lindsey got substantially more chances to run with the ball and put up better yardage, but they both got similar chances at receptions (PL 48 and RF 50) and Freeman caught a few more passes for a little more yardage. I think I was just agonizing every time Freeman went in there because I expected the run game to stall and I exaggerated how often they went to him. And I think PL's dropped passes just really stood out. Freeman only caught 8 more passes than Lindsey over the course of the entire season.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Gordon’s best season:

1105 yards rushing
    8 rushing touchdowns
    476 yards receiving
    4 touchdowns receiving

If he can beat his best season I’ll gladly pay that bet.
    Hmmm. That's not necessarily out of reach. It would be tough to accomplish sharing the load with Lindsey even if he plays well, but it's not necessarily out of reach.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    We will see, I am not thrilled with the AAV but I like 2 years. We get the "chip" on the shoulder this year and a contract year next year
    RB add value running, receiving, and blocking. Lindsay not great at 2 of the 3 so I see the need (a reason PL only saw 50% of the snaps and Freeman saw the same number > blocker receiver).

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    plus i get the feeling he is Hungry to prove that this contract is a deal for the broncos. and he is gonna run Angry, cause he is angry people are not considering him a top back. with his motivation and talent i feel he is gonna explode this year as one of the best RB in the league.
    Quote of the Day:

"To me I'm going to take that (criticism) and I'm going to use it as fuel because I know what type of player I am.I want to show that and I'm going to show that. I'm so excited. I'm better than just average."

(Melvin Gordon on beginning the 2nd chapter of his NFL life after 5 seasons with the Chargers)

I hope you're correct that "he's going to explode."

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    k sounds fair if MG gets more all purpose yards and TD(recieving and rushing) then you cp. other wise i will cp you sound fair?
    \
    Fair. I would be happy to lose this bet!

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Backing off your prediction already? Better means exceeding production in his best season. The stats I posted are his best season. If he is the elite player you claim he should eclipse total rush/receiving yards and rush/receiving touchdowns.
    k sounds fair if MG gets more all purpose yards and TD(recieving and rushing) then you cp. other wise i will cp you sound fair?
    \

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    kk i will remember that. we will have to define what is better though

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Gordon’s best season:

1105 yards rushing
    8 rushing touchdowns
    476 yards receiving
    4 touchdowns receiving

kk i will remember that. we will have to define what is better though

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    i bet that Gordon will have his best year as a Pro this year. he is gonna run angry and run well. he is gonna put his best season and i am willing to bet cp on that one.
    Gordon’s best season:

1105 yards rushing
    8 rushing touchdowns
    476 yards receiving
    4 touchdowns receiving

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    plus i get the feeling he is Hungry to prove that this contract is a deal for the broncos. and he is gonna run Angry, cause he is angry people are not considering him a top back. with his motivation and talent i feel he is gonna explode this year as one of the best RB in the league.
    Charger games especially! Both will be home games, his first of his career in a Denver / Charger match up

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am 100% with you I think Melvin Gordon will light this League On Fire having a Tandem of PL and MG will be Dynamic Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    i bet that Gordon will have his best year as a Pro this year. he is gonna run angry and run well. he is gonna put his best season and i am willing to bet cp on that one.
    I am 100% with you I think Melvin Gordon will light this League On Fire having a Tandem of PL and MG will be Dynamic Indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X