X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeeter01
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    Gordon coughing up the ball shouldn't be surprising, as it was a common occurence during his time with the Chargers. He fumbled the ball 4 times in just 12 games in 2019, and that isn't even his worst season as far as ball security is concerned. He averages a fumble every 4.5 games for his career; hopefully it's something he can correct.
    So we're good for the next four games....then, lets bench him for the Miami match up !

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Gordon coughing up the ball shouldn't be surprising, as it was a common occurence during his time with the Chargers. He fumbled the ball 4 times in just 12 games in 2019, and that isn't even his worst season as far as ball security is concerned. He averages a fumble every 4.5 games for his career; hopefully it's something he can correct.
    Last edited by Bootleg; 09-18-2020, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    Welcome aboard Melvin Gordon III, now walk the plank and jump off the ship. Anyone who fumbles near the opponents end zone and gets up and laughs about it, doesn't deserve to be on the field, let alone the team. Give me Lindsay's passion and dedication over this so called player any day. I'll take Freeman as the backup. MG III can laugh and smile on the bench.
    Sometimes that’s all you can do. He made up for it by gashing the Titans later and scoring a potential game winning TD.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Very good point about Freeman. I hope he gets a lot of work with Gordon.
    Freeman was looking real Good !!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Melvin and Freeman could make for a pounding duo. There's potential there.
    Very good point about Freeman. I hope he gets a lot of work with Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I liked the formation from which he scored the TD. IIRC it was Tight I Wing Left. Vannett was on the left with Butt as Wing, Beck at FB. Vannett and Butt blocked down, Beck kicked out and "Route 66" Risner pulled and led. For those who played in or coached the Power I, it was a blast from the past. It's good the O can get in that look to go along with all the 11 personnel stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Put both hands on the rock in traffic Melvin! #Football101.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Good chance here for Gordon to prove his worth. The Steelers are tough to run against so converting short yardage opportunities is the key to beating them.

Reports from camp were Freeman looked ready, so I'm excited to see him get a few more opportunities as well. I know the Steelers will be focused on Gordon and I'm sure those speedy LBs are already scheming ways to punch at that ball.

I do have some hope the speed at TE and WR this week will force the Steelers out of the box and draws may be more effective.
    Melvin and Freeman could make for a pounding duo. There's potential there.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Good chance here for Gordon to prove his worth. The Steelers are tough to run against so converting short yardage opportunities is the key to beating them.

Reports from camp were Freeman looked ready, so I'm excited to see him get a few more opportunities as well. I know the Steelers will be focused on Gordon and I'm sure those speedy LBs are already scheming ways to punch at that ball.

I do have some hope the speed at TE and WR this week will force the Steelers out of the box and draws may be more effective.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    He is a real NFL RB, IMO. I am really happy he is a Bronco!
    Opposing DC's actually have to game plan for him.
    He is a good Offensive weapon for us.

Leave a comment:

• jazzy22jeff
    replied
    Welcome aboard Melvin Gordon III, now walk the plank and jump off the ship. Anyone who fumbles near the opponents end zone and gets up and laughs about it, doesn't deserve to be on the field, let alone the team. Give me Lindsay's passion and dedication over this so called player any day. I'll take Freeman as the backup. MG III can laugh and smile on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Gordon can definitely be a bell cow, he’s a load to bring down. Unfortunately ball security seems to still be an issue with him so I expect many will complain about that given how spoiled we’ve been with Lindsay never fumbling.
    Fumbling in scoring range was not a great start, but I'm hoping he will be a solid and productive back this year.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Gordon can definitely be a bell cow, he’s a load to bring down. Unfortunately ball security seems to still be an issue with him so I expect many will complain about that given how spoiled we’ve been with Lindsay never fumbling.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Bummer Lindsay is out for a few weeks. And turf toe...that just always seems to linger. Hoping Melvin can be that bell cow type back for us. And yes, OC needs to use him properly.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    If only we could use him correctly he was averaging like 5.0 ypc and the OC does not use him to grind out the clock when Denver got the ball back on the 50 Yard Line all we had to is run the ball run the clock out kick the FG and win the game.
    I was thinking the same thing when we got the ball on the 50, that we were going to grind it out, and win the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X