No announcement yet.

Are Broncos a sleeping giant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the Battle of Midway was largely won by cryptologist solving the Japanese naval code. We knew the armada was coming, what ships it consisted of, and where they were headed. Our carriers used this information to hide our carriers from radar behind islands and then sent out waves of bombers to sink and cripple their attack fleet. The U.S. if I remember correctly even sent a fake message about a water shortage and waited for the Japanese reply to see if they could 100% intercept and decipher their code.
    Last edited by Dean; 04-01-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
      I believe the Battle of Midway was largely won by cryptologist solving the Japanese naval code. We knew the armada was coming, what ships it consisted of, and where they were headed. Our carriers used this information to hide our carriers from radar behind islands and then sent out waves of bombers to sink and cripple their attack fleet. The U.S. if I remember correctly even sent a fake message about a water shortage and waited for the Japanese reply to see if they could 100% intercept and decipher their code.
      This discussion went too far OT and was moved to the new, dedicated World War II thread here.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Lt.Cdr. Dick Best, SBD squadron commander from Enterprise, scored hits on Akagi and Hiryu. His OBA malfunctioned and he inhaled caustic soda fumes which caused latent TB to go active. The last day he flew was 4 June 1942. What a day. Denver area residents might be interested to know that Best was sent to Fitzsimmons Army Hospital in Aurora (NW quadrant of East Colfax and Peoria) to rest, recuperate and receive treatment in a better climate for his condition. ⚓🇺🇸
        I would CP this for days, but alas, I must spread...

History!!! Get ya some...

Thanks for being Sam, Sam :thumb:
        [sigpic

Comment

Sleeping giant or napping teenager? We shall see!
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

oh te noes we are the new Houston Texans.
            :lombardi:

Comment

This team still has a long way to go. A lot is on the shoulders of the coaching now, honest I can't say Shurmer is going to be something we haven't seen from him before.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

How the hell do you guys always manage to go so off topic all the time

Comment

The AFC West as a whole is sort of a "sleeping giant". The Raiders had seemingly another great draft loading the offense with more weapons and their defense is looking nasty in its near complete backfield overhaul. It feels like they are getting everything in place similar to the Chiefs just before drafting Mahomes. Chargers have a brutal defense, very good offensive weapons at the skill positions but just need a better oline. If Herbert turns out to be good, they are close to being formidable. I agree the Broncos may be very close as well but just like everybody else, we have to wait and see if Lock continues upwards or stalls. I`m also not as convinced as some about how Jeudy will play out but we will see hopefully soon enough. In the back of my mind I`m concerned about his hands and intellect to be honest......The AFC west as a whole is looking much stronger but certainly KC is still well above at the moment.

Comment

We’re on the upswing. I doubt it’s a 2020 narrative (let’s start just by getting back to the playoffs)- but I don’t think KC is going to win the next 5 AFC Championships either. When they do stumble- it wouldn’t surprise me if we’re involved or benefit (when DEN is good- we traditionally go to to SBs).

Comment

This year is going to be like no other year for sure, but that is not to imply that we will automatically be a better offense with all the new draftees. With Lock starting the season, that alone will make us better but would you rather have a very good/elite WR and budding very good TE want to get more catches? They say the 2nd year is likely when you can see a nice jump, referring to Fant or should we give him less targets to break in all the new offensive weapons? The answer is yes. That being said, we will be better than when Flacco was the QB, but we are not Chief beaters just yet. Their team is still pretty much in tact, so they would most likely pick up where they left off, which means we'll need to score 50 to beat them, no exaggeration! I don't see that happening this year, but then again, who knows how the NFL will handle this season and I guess anything can happen since this season could be an outlier.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                      X