Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Decade, Same situation (DT --> Jeudy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Decade, Same situation (DT --> Jeudy)

So 10 years ago Mcdaniels was faced with the choice between DT and Dez. We obviously took DT and two picks later Dallas takes Dez. I would argue we made the right choice.

Last night, Denver has the choice between the two best WR's again and they chose Jeudy over Lamb. Two picks later, Again Dallas takes the guy we didn't take. Will. history repeat?

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    So 10 years ago Mcdaniels was faced with the choice between DT and Dez. We obviously took DT and two picks later Dallas takes Dez. I would argue we made the right choice.

Last night, Denver has the choice between the two best WR's again and they chose Jeudy over Lamb. Two picks later, Again Dallas takes the guy we didn't take. Will. history repeat?
    Interesting thought. I think we would have been good with either pick this time out. Lamb was #1 on many lists. But so is Jeudy. Matter of choice I believe. I would have been happy either way.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Interesting thought. I think we would have been good with either pick this time out. Lamb was #1 on many lists. But so is Jeudy. Matter of choice I believe. I would have been happy either way.
      What are the personalities like? That's probably the biggest difference between the two, as between Dez and DT, that was the biggest difference also. Based off how Elway like to draft, high character is major priority. Whereas Jerry is like Al Davis of the NFC, where speed and size are thinly things that matter
      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        What are the personalities like? That's probably the biggest difference between the two, as between Dez and DT, that was the biggest difference also. Based off how Elway like to draft, high character is major priority. Whereas Jerry is like Al Davis of the NFC, where speed and size are thinly things that matter
        No doubt....Dez was Dez.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          From what I heard Jeudy was a straight A student in high school. Apparently argued with the teacher when he got a "B+" I like smart guys.

Comment

I really hope so, but I don't think either will have careers that parallel those of Thomas and Bryant. Both will go down as elite players and guys who were the best of their era.

Comment

Jerry "Ankle Breaker" Jeudy is going to make highlight reels for years to come.

Great Pick FO!!!
              [sigpic

Comment

From what I heard Jeudy was a straight A student in high school. Apparently argued with the teacher when he got a "B+" I like smart guys.
                Scouting report somewhere said Jeudy's football intellect was off the chart.

Mr. Shifty is also Mr. Brainy...
                [sigpic

Comment

He scored a 9 on the wonderlic though.
                  sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                    Well we should prolly cut him then.

Comment

The wonderlic means less than zero
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'll take the best route runner in college over anything else. We've got our 1 on 1 physical WR in Sutton. We've got our burner in KJ Hamler, and our crisp route runner in Jeudy. Offense is all set and no excuses for Lock.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Show me guys who are good at the wonderlic test and I'll show you some guys who are (something clever).

Comment

IMO the biggest difference between Dez and DT was how they attack the ball.

From everything I have herd that particular skill is like comparing Jeudy to Ruggs. Ruggs does not attack the ball in the air as good as other WRs. It is also how I have herd people saying Ruggs is no Tyreek Hill because of how they attack the ball in the air.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

He runs routes amazingly. He also understands defensive coverage and know how to manipulate defensive coverage using his routes to get open for his QB.

I do not know very much about the wonderlic but when a WR who does all of that scores a 9 on it than I question what exact metric the test is trying to deliver.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X