Offensive Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Yeah I don't think I included Beck, my bad. In my numbers that is about what I found too, nothing significant really changed. As I said, I took away the big game from Fant in what I was saying, so could argue that is unfair as well. But more so what I was saying is there was no real sustained improvement across the board to say they really looked any better with Lock in the game. With Lock we also targeted our top two tight ends about 1 less time per game as well.
    I had not even looked at targets. The interesting thing about targeting TEs less but completing more passes (even a small 2% more) to all TEs to completion percentage.

Lock had a 70% completion to all TEs excluding Beck. Include Beck and it jumps to 77%

All other Bronco QBs had a 60% completion to all TEs excluding Beck. Include Beck and it drops to 58%.

The main problem with any of the statistical analysts is the 5 game sample size we have with Lock. We can try to make it a apples to apples comparison but the limited sample size leaves a lot of room to question any conclusion. I think at best we can say we have indicators but nothing conclusive.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      I had not even looked at targets. The interesting thing about targeting TEs less but completing more passes (even a small 2% more) to all TEs to completion percentage.

Lock had a 70% completion to all TEs excluding Beck. Include Beck and it jumps to 77%

All other Bronco QBs had a 60% completion to all TEs excluding Beck. Include Beck and it drops to 58%.

The main problem with any of the statistical analysts is the 5 game sample size we have with Lock. We can try to make it a apples to apples comparison but the limited sample size leaves a lot of room to question any conclusion. I think at best we can say we have indicators but nothing conclusive.
      Good points. One area I think we can make a clearer conclusion on was the offensive line. That group didn't marginally look improved, they looked a lot better. Wilkerson still was blowing up plays consistently, but overall Lock helped the group with quick passes and the ability to move. I am hoping this trend continues into 2020 despite having a few question marks still amongst that group.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        Good points. One area I think we can make a clearer conclusion on was the offensive line. That group didn't marginally look improved, they looked a lot better. Wilkerson still was blowing up plays consistently, but overall Lock helped the group with quick passes and the ability to move. I am hoping this trend continues into 2020 despite having a few question marks still amongst that group.
        Yep. Agree. And now with a significantly improved interior offensive line, and the potential for Lock to be even better in his second year, plus more offensive weapons and potentially a better run game, there are a lot of things that could be greatly improved with this unit translating into fewer problems this year.
        To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
        X