Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a lineup

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Make a lineup

    There's so many possible combos with this O so just for fun what are some of your favorite lineups for the skill players?

    How about:
    Sutton
    JJ
    KJ
    Gordon
    Taz
    Is this run or pass personnel?

    Fant
    AOK
    KJ
    Gordon
    Beck
    Versatile big and fast with KJ stressing the D.

    Goal line:
    Sutton
    Fant
    AOK
    Gordon
    Muti at TE/FB.

  • #2
    Sutton--AOK--------Fant--Jeudy
    -----------------Lock----------------
    ----------------Hamler-------------

    This is my base O on Madden

    Comment


    • #3
      You have a dirty mind with Muti at FB OP, I like it!


      Wildcat with Melvin Gordon playing QB, Lindsay on one side of him and Khalfani Muhammad on the other side with Hamler in motion.

      Comment


      • #4
        I suppose it's possible Shurmur might have some 00 personnel formations in his playbook. If so, it would need five WRs active on game day. The most on one side of the formation would be four. In the interest of spread, it could be Twins to one side and Trips/Bunch to the other with the QB most likely in Gun which would be Empty. Or, one of the receivers could be at TB depth behind the QB under. Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamilton and Hamler? Doubt if we'd ever see anything like that. Doubt if D would put more than five in the box if spread.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I suppose it's possible Shurmur might have some 00 personnel formations in his playbook. If so, it would need five WRs active on game day. The most on one side of the formation would be four. In the interest of spread, it could be Twins to one side and Trips/Bunch to the other with the QB most likely in Gun which would be Empty. Or, one of the receivers could be at TB depth behind the QB under. Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamilton and Hamler? Doubt if we'd ever see anything like that. Doubt if D would put more than five in the box if spread.
          I can see this but did Spencer play that badly last year? ImO Hamilton did but I thought our returner did OK for us. Alternatively we could look at Lindsay or another speed back on the field as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tarheel23 View Post
            You have a dirty mind with Muti at FB OP, I like it!


            Wildcat with Melvin Gordon playing QB, Lindsay on one side of him and Khalfani Muhammad on the other side with Hamler in motion.
            I don't know if it would work but I've never seen anything quite like his college highlight tape. I think you at least have to give him a shot there.

            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            I suppose it's possible Shurmur might have some 00 personnel formations in his playbook. If so, it would need five WRs active on game day. The most on one side of the formation would be four. In the interest of spread, it could be Twins to one side and Trips/Bunch to the other with the QB most likely in Gun which would be Empty. Or, one of the receivers could be at TB depth behind the QB under. Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamilton and Hamler? Doubt if we'd ever see anything like that. Doubt if D would put more than five in the box if spread.
            This is one reason I find the lineup of Sutton, Jeudy, KJ, Gordon and Lindsay really interesting. If Ds play DBs we can run the ball as I can't see LBs covering either Gordon or Lindsay. And Gordon, Lindsay and even KJ are legit threats running the ball. I really think this line up would stress opposing Ds in unique ways.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think our base will be

              Sutton
              Jj
              Kj
              Tax or Gordon
              Fant

              I would also love to us so something like this

              Sutton on one side
              Kj jj an patrick/fant on the other
              Gordon in the back field

              My last one would be

              Sutton
              Jj
              Fant
              Beck
              Gordon

              For goalline situations
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • #8
                Hmmmm...

                I want to see: Sutton/Albert O--Fant\Jeudy with Gordon or Lindsay in the backfield. Swap Albert O out for Hamler and send him flying down the middle of the field just to shake up the D every once in a while. If they start breaking a D down then also start swapping Fant out with depth WR's just to pour it on.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

                Comment


                • #9
                  Personally I like Sutton, Jeudy, AO, Fant, and Gordon/Lindsay.

                  Come out in a typical 2 TE look to see what package the defense wants to use, run a dive, stretch, trap, split, or a bootleg. Then depending on the defensive package you can go no huddle and shift to a 5 wide look to get mismatches all over the field against a vanilla defense.

                  The entire offense is going to have to work hard on learning the playbook inside and out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Personally I like Sutton, Jeudy, AO, Fant, and Gordon/Lindsay.

                    Come out in a typical 2 TE look to see what package the defense wants to use, run a dive, stretch, trap, split, or a bootleg. Then depending on the defensive package you can go no huddle and shift to a 5 wide look to get mismatches all over the field against a vanilla defense.

                    The entire offense is going to have to work hard on learning the playbook inside and out.
                    How would you block trap from that formation and whom would you trap in an odd or split front?
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      How would you block trap from that formation and whom would you trap in an odd or split front?
                      Personally I’d like to see with the RG trapping a 5/6 Tech since the DE is likely going to be expecting the TE to double with the RT as that’s generally what they see. But the RT would downblock the 3 tech while the DE gets a free release only to get hit by Glasgow while the TE releases up to the 2nd level to take out the LB. If it’s executed correctly the RB should have a one on one with the S.

                      I don’t like it as much against an odd front but if Fant is much improved as a blocker you could have the RG execute the down block the NT while the C takes the DE, RT releases to the ILB and Fant (or Albert O) seals the OLB. But a lot of it can get mucked up if the dline aren’t in the right gaps and I do question if our oline is physical enough to perform a down block in general let alone do it consistently to make it more than a one off play ran here and there. Right now they seem better suited to zone concepts and combo blocks rather than down blocking someone out of the play.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Personally I’d like to see with the RG trapping a 5/6 Tech since the DE is likely going to be expecting the TE to double with the RT as that’s generally what they see. But the RT would downblock the 3 tech while the DE gets a free release only to get hit by Glasgow while the TE releases up to the 2nd level to take out the LB. If it’s executed correctly the RB should have a one on one with the S.

                        I don’t like it as much against an odd front but if Fant is much improved as a blocker you could have the RG execute the down block the NT while the C takes the DE, RT releases to the ILB and Fant (or Albert O) seals the OLB. But a lot of it can get mucked up if the dline aren’t in the right gaps and I do question if our oline is physical enough to perform a down block in general let alone do it consistently to make it more than a one off play ran here and there. Right now they seem better suited to zone concepts and combo blocks rather than down blocking someone out of the play.
                        Those are good front side traps, not as complicated as the old school guard hole traps from the I. I think the one you describe could be run from Gun.

                        Risner did a lot of pulling last year. Don't know how well Glasgow or James can down block. We'll eventually see what Cushenberry can do.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Those are good front side traps, not as complicated as the old school guard hole traps from the I. I think the one you describe could be run from Gun.

                          Risner did a lot of pulling last year. Don't know how well Glasgow or James can down block. We'll eventually see what Cushenberry can do.
                          Yeah I think it can be very effective from the shotgun as generally the RB typically runs to the opposite side he lines up on, but he could still run this to either side so it can definitely catch defenses off guard. With the talent that we’ve acquired, the offense is in a position where we can force the defense to defend every blade of grass on the field at all times as any formation can go anywhere at anytime.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X