The Decision That Had To Be Made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Quick reminder of the nearly identical stats through first five starts: Trevor Siemian versus Drew Lock

Record: 4-1. 4-1
    Comp/Att. 98/151. 100/156
    TDs. 7 7
    INTs. 3. 3
    Yards. 1054. 1020
    Very different circumstances. One took over a team that had just won a Super Bowl and had made the playoffs in 5 consecutive seasons, whilst the other took over a relatively young and inexperienced team with a first year HC that hadn't come close to a winning season since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I see this posted in the other thread. Not sure though that it fits this one closely, given it's about a decision that was made by John Elway, minus Trevor on the team. If you are saying, be cautious, that's fine. But I don't see these 2 players at all the same, nor did Elway want to put his eggs in the TS basket. Lock looks to be a leader, has a big gun, and barely got his feet wet before making an impact. And compare how the team was doing before him, how the sacks came way down, and the pics under control. Yes, some basic similarities, but that's about it for me. Lock looks and has shown evidence of being the guy. Trevor never looked like the guy to me.
      I am saying that the feeling of fans that “we have solved our quarterback situation” is premature. I personally need to see Lock perform at top 12 in the league for a full season before declaring our QB situation solved.

And yes, in 2016, many Bronco fans thought Trevor Siemian was the answer after a 4-0 start.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
        I am saying that the feeling of fans that “we have solved our quarterback situation” is premature. I personally need to see Lock perform at top 12 in the league for a full season before declaring our QB situation solved.

And yes, in 2016, many Bronco fans thought Trevor Siemian was the answer after a 4-0 start.
        I will admit, he is still a little unproven as the franchise guy, to some degree. But I was eager to see him play, and he was all I could expect of a rookie, playing on what appeared to be a sub par team. And what also bought me in was the fact the critiquing from some did not seem to correlate with his true skills/performance. He looked as good as a rookie could look. And if you take him for what he's worth, he has a thirst to get better.

But the zip of his arm, and the quick release when pressed, mobility, and apparent leadership give me a very confident feeling. And when you place better weapons around him, he will not be forced to do more than he should. He can grow into the job, while doing very well at it.

And I agree....some, maybe many liked Trevor. I was ok with him, but I felt he was more like a solid back up.

Comment

Working...
        X