Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Bronco thoughts, memories, plays and players...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I remember that and then yelling at the TV as the announcers didn't catch the broken leg part. then when the replays it over and over to see why he was down and finally saw it the reaction was priceless.

and he did hold the ball the whole time.

EM
    With one hand!

As a kid I was playing street football and was out on a pass. Right when the ball was thrown to me I tweaked a hammy. It distracted me so much that I didn't even try to catch the ball, I was just focused on the pain that caught me totally by surprise. Because of this, I still say Eddie Mac's catch was really the best catch of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      With one hand!

As a kid I was playing street football and was out on a pass. Right when the ball was thrown to me I tweaked a hammy. It distracted me so much that I didn't even try to catch the ball, I was just focused on the pain that caught me totally by surprise. Because of this, I still say Eddie Mac's catch was really the best catch of all time.
      Remember the catch Riley Odoms made against the Raiders in 1972 I believe it was? He went up for the ball and got cracked by Jack Tatum , yet as he was lying motionless on the ground he still had the ball in his hands?

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
        Remember the catch Riley Odoms made against the Raiders in 1972 I believe it was? He went up for the ball and got cracked by Jack Tatum , yet as he was lying motionless on the ground he still had the ball in his hands?
        At Oakland? 1972 was Charley Johnson and Riley Odoms' first year with the Broncos, Riley as a rookie and Charley a 34 year old QB on his third team. Professor Johnson (formerly of NMSU) is in the ROF; Riley belongs there, too.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yes it was in Oakland and Denver won which was HUGE back then! And I agree about Odoms, he was big and strong, like a locomotive when he got into the open field!

Comment

What happened on Darnold's big run the other night? Was that both Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson missing open field tackles on Sam Darnold? That was embarrassing as heck...
            Last edited by Zealander; 10-02-2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              At Oakland? 1972 was Charley Johnson and Riley Odoms' first year with the Broncos, Riley as a rookie and Charley a 34 year old QB on his third team. Professor Johnson (formerly of NMSU) is in the ROF; Riley belongs there, too.
              If it was Odoms' rookie year, then Billy Masters was still on the team. IIFC he was traded to KC the next year. That was a great TE tandem.

When Dallas beat us in Super Bowl 12 their D line killed our O line, with White and Harvey Martin co-MVPs. The exception was Riley blocking Too Tall Jones. The Broncos used footage of Odoms blocking Too Tall as training film for TEs for about a decade.

Odoms didn't get the credit he deserved and was over-shadowed by Dave Casper and Russ Francis at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
                I wish I could remember that, but don't. I was a big Odoms fan but I guess just too much time has passed.

I was a TE at the time and I remember a comment by Odoms that he focused on the indentation at the very tip of the ball as it spiraled, so that's what I did too. He was just a lot better at it than I was.

For younger fans, I believe Odoms is still the highest drafted TE of the modern draft at #4 overall. He was a very talented player.

Comment

Working...
                X