This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    To the Canadian faction here, are there current protests and riots in Canada?
    If so, just curious, did anyone bring up PM Trudeau's blackface incidents?

In my limited news watching, I saw protests/riots in Mexico and France but nowhere else.
    Yes they are happening all over the country, mostly peaceful. We've had some huge turnouts in some cities.

I brought my 2 year old daughter to a rally in Chilliwack, BC. It was pretty heart warming. I got a little teared up when hearing everyone's story that spoke. Horns honking the streets everywhere for support. This is global now.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

• What an awesome thread this is. Kudos to everyone for keeping things civil and respectful...I didn't think this thread would last five minutes.

Racism is an important topic...it thrives in the darkness, silently spreading its disease. Shining a light upon this darkness, a path the world sees.
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

To the Canadian faction here, are there current protests and riots in Canada?
        If so, just curious, did anyone bring up PM Trudeau's blackface incidents?

In my limited news watching, I saw protests/riots in Mexico and France but nowhere else.
        Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
        Yes they are happening all over the country, mostly peaceful. We've had some huge turnouts in some cities.

I brought my 2 year old daughter to a rally in Chilliwack, BC. It was pretty heart warming. I got a little teared up when hearing everyone's story that spoke. Horns honking the streets everywhere for support. This is global now.
        This is definitely a global response. And thankfully, it does appear that our protests are mostly being done peacefully, though I can not speak to every one. Our Prime Minister attended a rally, which is not unexpected, given his support for various positive initiatives. In Winnipeg there was a pretty large crowd, of what was described as "raucous, but peaceful".
        Last edited by CanDB; 06-07-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Officer Chauvin has been charged with second degree murder, if I'm not mistaken. I believe the other three officers present have been charged as accessories.

Bystanders pleaded with Chauvin to release his knee choking Floyd, but he persisted for almost nine minutes. Seems willful. Nine minutes is a long time.
          I can’t disagree with that.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post

Dont be fooled by the media. The vast majority of the protests here in the US havent been violent. The not-so-peaceful ones have been all over the news. Yet, nearly every city has had at least one or more, even where I live here in Wyoming, that nothing more than people marching, signing, holding up signs, and chanting, has happened.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post

Consider yourselves lucky.
              I viewed a protest video where a six-year-old daughter came into contact with pepper spray.
              It was sad, and I couldn't help but blame her father.

Protests may be global but not necessarily for the same reason.
              Mexicans protested their own-police brutality incident.
              France's protests seem Antifa-led.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                This is definitely a global response. And thankfully, it does appear that our protests are mostly being done peacefully, though I can not speak to every one. Our Prime Minister attended a rally, which is not unexpected, given his support for various positive initiatives. In Winnipeg there was a pretty large crowd, of what was described as "raucous, but peaceful".
                Winnipeg, Canada is more homogenous than many larger American cities
                so it doesn't surprise me your country's protests were peaceful.

Raw websites like Liveleak offer a more accurate picture of the protests.
                In Mexico, a cop was set on fire due to a Mexican police brutality incident.

We're living in an upside world right now.
                I could use some straight-up Broncos football right about now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Sorry mods if you feel this isn’t the right place or time but I wanted to share for those who may not have a twitter account cough*peytonmanninng*cough. Anyway, way to go John, once a leader always a leader! :thumb:
                  Peyton doesn't have a twitter account? That's cool. Neither do I
                  Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                    These protesters should be arrested for violating Social Distancing rules.
                    well people that go to the grocery should be too. You not 6 feet away passing people in the isles.
                    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Good morning.... little cleaning done.., let’s make sure we don’t start attacking each other here....dialogue not a debate, or argument who’s view is correct
                      sigpic

Comment

• Someone stated in an earlier post that humans are not automatically born a racist, bigot, xenophobe, etc.

In MOST cases starting at the time when a baby's brain starts to develop the ability to process basic thoughts they are an "evolving product" of their parenting, family, friends, religion, neighborhood, city, region and other direct influences, aka "environment", that they are in contact with frequently for extended periods of time.

I was fortunate to be the son whose father was a 20 year veteran of the US Air Force. I was son #2 of 5, I was born in Alaska, from there my father was stationed in California, Utah, New Jersey and lastly Colorado in 1963, where our family eventually became Denver Bronco fans. As an adult I have also lived in Wyoming and Texas and now back in Utah for the last 41 years. I went to 6 different elementary schools before the sixth grade and I had numerous Black and Latino school mates in everyone of them. I'm a better person for having them in my "environment'.

First and foremost my "parenting" was excellent and they taught me and my brothers that bad people and good people, sinners and saints, under achievers and over achievers, poor and wealthy exist in all colors and to never think otherwise. And if we pay attention to the "environment" around us the "proof" for that would always be right before our eyes.

My parents were 100% correct. I'm still seeing the "proof" each and every day! Thank you John Elway.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                          Heres some data for you guys . It's more likely that you will die from a bee or wasp sting if you leave your house unarmed . The media prints negative things because it sells. There are bad cops out there no doubt . Heres my thoughts on this , if you come into contact do exactly what they say . Dont make sudden moves ect...

I was pulled over one day speeding . The officer came up to the window and asked if I knew how fast I was going . At this time I was carrying an off duty weapon . I didnt tell him I was carrying. He noticed my vest in the back seat . Asked me why I had a vest , I told him where I worked . He then asked for my badge and ID. I told him its behind my seat , now both of my hands are on the wheel . He asked to see them , so I asked him if he wanted me to reach back and get them . He replied yes , go ahead and Everything worked out well.
                          This is how it should go but this isn’t always how it does go. There was a local story a few years back of a officer pulling over a black guy for something minor. The guy let the cop know that he had a gun in the glovebox, cop asked for his registration and id, he went to reach in his pocket, the cop yelled out he had a gun and shot him 4 times in front of his wife and son in the backseat.

How does a black person mitigate the fear of a cop? Even when they cooperate and do everything correctly, there’s still a chance that something bad will happen. Oh yeah and the cop wasnt fired or charged for that due to the fact that there was a gun in the car. The rules put in place to prevent this from happening is all too often eliminated by “fear” or something the officer thought might happen.

Comment

Winnipeg, Canada is more homogenous than many larger American cities
                            so it doesn't surprise me your country's protests were peaceful.

Raw websites like Liveleak offer a more accurate picture of the protests.
                            In Mexico, a cop was set on fire due to a Mexican police brutality incident.

We're living in an upside world right now.
                            I could use some straight-up Broncos football right about now.
                            That is likely true, but even places like here have issues among its diverse community, and in such rallies, things can get passionate and even rowdy. I am glad to say it does not appear to be the case. So yes, maybe different, but still "energy" and some history of division that is not fully resolved. Even the best of intentions can take a long time to improve, therefore it is critical that folks listen to one another, and minimize any potential agitation or feelings of mistrust.

Comment

• Obviously entertainers are going to have a bigger platform that reaches more people. I don't look at them as "protesting" during work. They're paid to entertain and whether you think this is an uncouth statement or not, people's personalities and beliefs are entertaining to people. The NFL would do well (both financially and in status) to wrap its very cash laden arms around the black community and embrace the movement.

Now as for me and you? Politics has no place at work. I'm there to get work done and go home, and introducing that dynamic to most peoples work places would be murder to productivity. Black Lives Matter, and I've certainly done and will continue to do what I can to help. In the meantime I have a family to feed and bills to pay.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Ok. We Hit the for limits for here will all this talk of race talk of race and crime...

Curve the conversation another direction, and curb the hostility or the thread needs to be closed..,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X