This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway: I want To share my thoughts on this important conversation

Sorry mods if you feel this isn’t the right place or time but I wanted to share for those who may not have a twitter account cough*peytonmanninng*cough. Anyway, way to go John, once a leader always a leader! :thumb:
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-05-2020, 06:25 PM.
    sigpic

Silence sometimes can be so loud.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Sorry mods if you feel this isn’t the right place or time but I wanted to share for those who may not have a twitter account cough*peytonmanninng*cough. Anyway, way to go John, once a leader always a leader! :thumb:
      Its more than likely will get taken down...but great post!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        Its more than likely will get taken down...but great post!
        Well if so, there’s good reasons for everything so I’d understand but thanks brotha!
        sigpic

Comment

I wish this came out before Fangio’s statements. While I think Fangio’s statements were taken to an extreme, the timing was horrible, about as bad as you can get, so bad that I almost thought it was made prior to what happened. And now I fear Elway’s statement (and I don’t doubt the sincerity of it at all), may get misconstrued as damage control by some of the let’s just say louder media voices.

Comment

I completely agree. Should have come out much sooner

Comment

We're going to leave this open for now. I will issue the reminder that we need to keep politics out of it. We need to stay civil towards each other (if you're getting upset talk a break and come back to it tomorrow).

Comment

I completely agree. Should have come out much sooner
                Agreed. Elway himself agrees.

It takes character to admit you were wrong and wanting to grow a deeper understanding.
                "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Most employers demand that no politics, religion, or anything to do with race be discussed while at work.

That should hold true for the NFL players, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                    Most employers demand that no politics, religion, or anything to do with race be discussed while at work.

That should hold true for the NFL players, as well.
                    So just shut up and play huh? Well without these players you feel should just shut up and play....there would be not nfl....this board would not exist.

#sorrythatwonthappen
                    #listenandlearn
                    #sorrynotsorry

Comment

I agree with BB. You are at work... at mine we cannot use the platform to express our thought on politics, religion etc...

Why is it unreasonable for the NFL to demand the same? Players can use their celebrity off the field, ie not at work... to spread their message..

I would love for all of that to be out of the game, so when I turn it on... I am entertained by the product, as it should be,,, two teams, there to play a game.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        I agree with BB. You are at work... at mine we cannot use the platform to express our thought on politics, religion etc...

Why is it unreasonable for the NFL to demand the same? Players can use their celebrity off the field, ie not at work... to spread their message..

I would love for all of that to be out of the game, so when I turn it on... I am entertained by the product, as it should be,,, two teams, there to play a game.
                        Well I'm glad I dont work for neither one of your companies. As my job has open forum and stand by the cause. Glad Roger Godell is doing the right thing for the message to continue. Some things are just bigger than football and for some entertainment purposes.

Comment

I guess some won't be watching the news, espn 1 or 2 and the nfl network then.

Comment

Well I'm glad I dont work for neither one of your companies. As my job has open forum and stand by the cause. Glad Roger Godell is doing the right thing for the message to continue. Some things are just bigger than football and for some entertainment purposes.
                            He will stand by it... until TV revenue drops again...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              He will stand by it... until TV revenue drops again...
                              So be it ... he would lose more money than that if players stop "working"

Comment

Working...
                              X