X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Callahan at "full speed"

According to Troy Renck

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status...024466433?s=20

If he can come back and be as good or better than before our secondary will be lights out!!!

If Callahan and Bouye both bounce back we will be improved in the secondary, but what the outside corner opposite Bouye does will determine if we can be lights out.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Good thing, he’s going to have a fight on his hands for that nickel spot

Comment

He's a top 5 nickel, this is great.

Comment

Hey, more good news! I really hope he gets on the field this season. A strong pass rush with a strong secondary portends well.

Comment

That's awesome news ! Man I cant wait

Comment

Very good news indeed. Secondary looking really good if they can stay healthy and get one more CB to develop into a “starter “ level of player instead of relying on a by committee approach.

Next I would like to hear the same “full speed “ report about J. James. Patience is tough!

Comment

Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

I’m hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
                -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  Good thing, he’s going to have a fight on his hands for that nickel spot
                  You think so?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    You think so?
                    Yeah they reworked his deal to where they can get out of it before next season with minimal dead cap. Plus he’s really only played over 50% of defensive snaps once in Chicago, he’s 29, coming off a serious injury, and hasn’t done much in a long time.

Dawson has draft pedigree and is a very physical CB especially in the run game which is a big bonus from that nickel spot, he wasn’t a lock down CB but he didn’t give up many big plays either. Having a full season in Fangio’s defense with actual game reps now, I expect him to improve going into his 3rd year.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                      Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

I’m hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
                      Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.
                        I agree, everyone is excited for the offense and rightfully so but I'm just as pumped to see our defense too!! I think our secondary is extremely underrated. Imo, our only weak spot is the ILB position next to Johnson. If AJ goes down we are pretty thin there but with so much talent around it may not be that big of an issue. With Chubb and Miller back together again and our crazy talented Dline I understand why guys like Collin Cowherd are high on the Broncos!!

Comment

Lol

Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Are you serious? Theres not a corner on the roster that outplayed CHJ dude literally won us games last year he was so impactful. See the Titans game. That comes to mind
                            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              Lol

Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.
                              Bryce Callahan wasn’t better than CHJ. Are you kidding me
                              -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Working...
                              X