Mcd or VJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcd or VJ

I know...I know...but there isn't a lot of other things to talk about now so...

If you had to choose a head coach for the Broncos for the next 5 seasons to win games (not a 5 year tank) and you could only choose either VJ or Mcd who would you pick? Why?

"Oh the humanity!" - Herbert Morrison

I might have to change teams or just stop watching football, in this situation.
    You Mad Bro?

Comment

VJ was pretty bad schematically and as a game manager, but at least he respected the players in the locker room and vice versa. The three-game stretch in 2018 where we nearly fought our way back into playoff contention with inspiring wins against SD, PIT, and CIN was the most faith I had in VJ. I believe he had the misfortune of inheriting a very incomplete and uncompetitive roster in his two years here. He is nowhere near Vic Fangio level though, but I would much rather have VJ over McDaniels.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

VJ because I enjoyed his press conferences you could really see his enthusiasm for the game .
        I don’t think there was anything wrong with him as a hc he just came to the wrong franchise at the wrong time imo , I say this without actually knowing how big a hand he had in the Case Keenum acquisition though which was clearly a mistake .

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the same person.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Isn't this a bit like asking a kid what they like better......broccoli or spinach?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Isn't this a bit like asking a kid what they like better......broccoli or spinach?
              Actually some kids like me love both. How about sheep brains or goat liver?
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Maybe we go with VJ running Great Practices and McD for Actual Games?
                2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

I’ll be in the minority but I think I’d go with McD of the two. I think eventually his smarts with the Xs and Os would shine through. He was in a tough position from the beginning with the whole Cutler ordeal and then the 6-0 start with Orton definitely went to his head and his ego got out of control. I’m not sure how much of which side I believe on the whole Cutler/McD debate and while a hot start with Cutler may have cooled that fire, McDaniels wasn’t ready for that success. Maybe a slower start with Orton would’ve led to better results long term.

I think he had a pretty decent eye for talent as well, the first draft was bad but I don’t think he had as much time to prepare because the 2nd draft was night and day compared to the first.

Joseph just looked lost, he still looks lost as a defensive coordinator. I’m not sure he’ll ever figure out how to cover TEs and somehow someway he will ruin Simmons. Just his whole defense in general was just frustrating to watch, I can’t tell you how many times I saw Todd Davis manned up against a WR and it wasn’t even disguised. And his adjustments were nonexistent, I remember he had Mahomes rattled in the first half and he was just alternating safety blitzes. Reid adjusted and started ripping the defense up and Joseph continued to call the same plays. And the whole love affair with McKenzie

Comment

McDaniels. He, at least, has been involved as a coordinator with his side of the ball performing at an above average level. I think VJ's best year as a coordinator saw his defense ranked 22nd?

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

If you had to choose a head coach for the Broncos for the next 5 seasons to win games (not a 5 year tank) and you could only choose either VJ or Mcd who would you pick? Why?

Why are these the only choices? In what alternate universe would these be the only choices?
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Why are these the only choices? In what alternate universe would these be the only choices?
                        Because I was interested in the responses to this question. My posting the question in no way limits any other questions to be asked or choices offered to those questions. To answer your question directly, this thread is the "alternate universe".

Comment

Ok I will play

Neither. I would rather the players be in control than to have either of those two head coaches.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

If I absolutely had to choose and weren’t allowed to switch allegiances or give up watching football, I go Vance Joseph.

This is assuming he still gets Drew Lock and the current offensive talent.

I will trust him to learn from his previous mistakes more than McNuggets.

Let’s be real, he didn’t get much help from the offensive side of the ball. That can’t be laid entirely at his feet since it is Elway that builds the roster.
                            You Mad Bro?

Comment

Because I was interested in the responses to this question. My posting the question in no way limits any other questions to be asked or choices offered to those questions. To answer your question directly, this thread is the "alternate universe".
                              OK. Thanks for the clarification. I vote for Vic Fangio.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X