Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season in jeopardy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To DB and Frey -

    I also want to express that you live in a fantastic country, one of my favorite countries in the world and you guys are lucky to be there. I'm going to be in New Orleans next June and am hoping to convince my partner to visit Denver next October to catch a game.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      To DB and Frey -

      I also want to express that you live in a fantastic country, one of my favorite countries in the world and you guys are lucky to be there. I'm going to be in New Orleans next June and am hoping to convince my partner to visit Denver next October to catch a game.
      I hope you do get that chance. Debating aside, Mile high is magical. I've been to two broncos games in my life, one in Kansas City, one at Mile high and while both were a lot of fun, there is just something magical about Denver. It's such a beautiful city, the mountains around you, the altitude, the fans. It's a very unique experience (as is New Orleans)
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        I hope you do get that chance. Debating aside, Mile high is magical. I've been to two broncos games in my life, one in Kansas City, one at Mile high and while both were a lot of fun, there is just something magical about Denver. It's such a beautiful city, the mountains around you, the altitude, the fans. It's a very unique experience (as is New Orleans)
        I would LOVE to visit arrowhead, it looks amazing. We are in NO as part of a 4 week honeymoon but its a shame that its during the off-season.

        I've been to Denver 3 times but not for awhile. One was our regular season win against NE in 2005 I think (the year we beat them in the playoffs then lost to Pittsburgh), then against PM and the Colts where he drove them down for a last secong FG win, then a fairly poor game with Cutler against the Dolphins that we lost.

        I love Denver, it would be amazing to do a Sunday or Monday night game if possible.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          I would LOVE to visit arrowhead, it looks amazing. We are in NO as part of a 4 week honeymoon but its a shame that its during the off-season.

          I've been to Denver 3 times but not for awhile. One was our regular season win against NE in 2005 I think (the year we beat them in the playoffs then lost to Pittsburgh), then against PM and the Colts where he drove them down for a last secong FG win, then a fairly poor game with Cutler against the Dolphins that we lost.

          I love Denver, it would be amazing to do a Sunday or Monday night game if possible.
          KC is actually really interesting. The fans were so much nicer than I expected. I had so many people wanting to get pictures with me and complimenting my attire, granted, it's probably because we got our butts handed to use thanks to Trevor Simien, but...that's neither here or there.

          It's always special getting to watch the Broncos plan in person, I wish I had more chances to do it, but even living as close as I do compared to you, the cost of travelling is often to much to make it possible with a family of 5.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Unless a player has a known underlying condition that puts him at higher risk, he should not get paid for opting out.

            Some players will take advantage of the situation and that’s not right.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              "Due respect"? Odd beginning for the statement that follows. According to you (and, yes, the rest of the world apparently), and you've mentioned it a few times, drama is what we do best.

              I don't blame players opting out for the reasons they've stated. Protecting family is a good thing, IMO.
              If any human being has and truly loves close members of their family, those loved ones should always be priority #1. Period!

              Sports should never, ever be considered more important than a loved one. Never!
              Utah Bronco Freak

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                Basically I don't want to be insulting but there is a lot of truth in the statement.
                Keep talking. Very informative and revealing.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Keep talking. Very informative and revealing.
                  He’s not wrong though. I don’t take offense to someone pointing out what most of us already know about ourselves.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    He’s not wrong though. I don’t take offense to someone pointing out what most of us already know about ourselves.
                    Criticising others is one thing. Practicing self-observation is another. Socrates said that the unobserved life is not worth living.

                    This thread is about the issue of playing football in the middle of a pandemic. Some have approached it from the angle of logistics based on what is currently known. Others have dictated to the situation according to what they perceive as their own wants and needs.

                    Everyone needs to look in their own mirror. Self-perception is best achieved through personal effort.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Criticising others is one thing. Practicing self-observation is another. Socrates said that the unobserved life is not worth living.

                      This thread is about the issue of playing football in the middle of a pandemic. Some have approached it from the angle of logistics based on what is currently known. Others have dictated to the situation according to what they perceive as their own wants and needs.

                      Everyone needs to look in their own mirror. Self-perception is best achieved through personal effort.
                      I agree but I’m being fair to him and taking it because I was a little accusatory on my first response back to him when he called the players lazy if they want to protect their family.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        I agree but I’m being fair to him and taking it because I was a little accusatory on my first response back to him when he called the players lazy if they want to protect their family.
                        I think that got several of us a little heated but yea, a little calmness and attempt to understand where each other are coming from will go a long way towards keeping this from escalating despite our personal biases.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • In other news MLS started back this week and has already had two teams withdraw due to too many positive cases on the team. And other games have been postponed. Not a good sign.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Have you all thought about the possibility that this virus never goes away ? What then ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                              Have you all thought about the possibility that this virus never goes away ? What then ?
                              It probably won't go away, but neither did the flu. We're not going to have to do this every year because much like the flu, people are going to develop anti-bodies to help combat future infections. Even if they don't find a vaccine, this isn't the rest of our lives. Worst case, it'll be next summer.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                It probably won't go away, but neither did the flu. We're not going to have to do this every year because much like the flu, people are going to develop anti-bodies to help combat future infections. Even if they don't find a vaccine, this isn't the rest of our lives. Worst case, it'll be next summer.
                                This is my take as well . So many people out there are holding on for a vaccine or a cure all. I'm so ready for this to run its course. Just hoping we get our season .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X