X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I hope the NFL doesn’t use baseball as the excuse to not play.

They do, however, need to make sure they are confident in how they are doing things.

They shouldn’t go forward if they’re just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.
    I can tell you there are many businesses that do not actually provide an essential service but because they are large as a company they are open and doing business. The NFL will be no different.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

They do, however, need to make sure they are confident in how they are doing things.

They shouldn’t go forward if they’re just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.
    I doubt The NFL will cancel the season because of this misstep by baseball. They should have confidence in their plan, and hopefully contingency plans, and if nothing else, learn from the experiences of The MLB, NHL and NBA. I believe they have been the most fortunate of these sports as a result of timing, which has allowed them to finish last season, conduct a draft and free agency, and then watch as these sports all try to either begin or conclude their seasons.

All in all.....they have had as good a chance to move forward as can be hoped for, and ideally will benefit from others along the way.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I went to a few cities in New Zealand in December.

Reasons why it is easier for them
    • No Land Boards
    • No states inside the country with MAJOR differences in ideas how to handle this
    • No extreme political divides making it impossible to lead population of the country
    • We are just now starting to get serious about this as a country....other countries were serious about this in January
    • Our size and levels of leadership means it will take us longer to do things and it will cost more money to do it.
    • Most of New Zealand has very low population density...it is much easier to control a pandemic in those areas

I am all for looking at the countries knocking this out of the ball park like South Korea, Japan and New Zealand and using their examples of how we can do things better.

We also need to be real that we are not going to change who we are in weeks/months. We built the situation in the USA in decades...it is not going to change in weeks/months. We made our bed now we get to live in it.
    Interesting post pal....

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

• No Land Boards
    • No states inside the country with MAJOR differences in ideas how to handle this
    • No extreme political divides making it impossible to lead population of the country
    • We are just now starting to get serious about this as a country....other countries were serious about this in January
    • Our size and levels of leadership means it will take us longer to do things and it will cost more money to do it.
    • Most of New Zealand has very low population density...it is much easier to control a pandemic in those areas

I am all for looking at the countries knocking this out of the ball park like South Korea, Japan and New Zealand and using their examples of how we can do things better.

We also need to be real that we are not going to change who we are in weeks/months. We built the situation in the USA in decades...it is not going to change in weeks/months. We made our bed now we get to live in it.
    lol. That part alone was good enough for a CP.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    New Zealand is a great example for a country that has no borders, it’s an island and a population of 5 million.

Getting 5 million to do something on an island is a lot different than 300 million.

• No Land Boards

Last edited by Hadez; 07-27-2020, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I am not sure the numbers, but I suspect a majority of canucks were ok with The Jays not playing in Toronto. Tough call, but in the eyes of many, justifiable. It was the travel to and from that caused the ruling. Unlike hockey, where Toronto is a hub city, and currently have 12 teams all living there. Clearly two different scenarios, and the hub city approach allowed for them proceed.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not really no... We as a country are divided into these things called states... Had this been handled properly on a state by state basis and people actually follow recommendations instead of making it political and claiming their freedoms are being taken away, we'd be past this already and have sports, but noooooo We gotta stubbornly act like this is just a great big hoax.

I'm a little frustrated with this garbage today if you can't tell...
    I live in California that was one of the first stares to lockdown and never has fully opened. The worst hit area is Southern California that has had the strictest lockdown laws in the state. That area continues to have cases through the roof.
    I live in the Sacramento area we have stayed in pretty good shape especially in my county. I like you get frustrated that my area is in lockdown because LA is on fire.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Not really no... We as a country are divided into these things called states... Had this been handled properly on a state by state basis and people actually follow recommendations instead of making it political and claiming their freedoms are being taken away, we'd be past this already and have sports, but noooooo We gotta stubbornly act like this is just a great big hoax.

Sorry i don’t see an island nation of 5 million a fair comparison to a country of over 300 million.
    People travel state to state daily.
    Only states i would compare to New Zealand would be Hawaii and Alaska.

Is their any statistical evidence that people claiming freedom are the only people contracting the virus?
    The virus seems to be effecting people of all ages, races, genders etc.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-27-2020, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    New Zealand is a great example for a country that has no borders, it’s an island and a population of 5 million.

Getting 5 million to do something on an island is a lot different than 300 million.

Last edited by Freyaka; 07-27-2020, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Look at New Zealand...They were able to get their citizens to take controlling this seriously, they were able to get things so well under control, they have sports with fans, we can't even go one week of sports because people are so stubborn that they think this is about their freedoms...

Last edited by 58Miller; 07-27-2020, 09:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Look at New Zealand...They were able to get their citizens to take controlling this seriously, they were able to get things so well under control, they have sports with fans, we can't even go one week of sports because people are so stubborn that they think this is about their freedoms...
    1000% correct.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I view the Marlins situation as a positive. The testing allowed the players to be identified and quarantined and also prevented additional people from getting the virus.
    As these situations happen much can be learned and understood about the virus. The best part is people are right on top of it and they are able to stop the spread. Something that is not happening in most parts of the country right now.
    I believe this is how we fight this virus, we learn to live with it not lockdown forever.
    That said if you think lockdowns are best then stay home.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    This is why I doubt we'll have an NFL season. If we couldn't control the virus in 5 months, how can we get it under control in 5 weeks?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X