Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    For every player who opts out there will be 50 waiting to take their place....and this is just counting the people who have actually played football in college and/or professionally

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Players agree to terms...it looks like the season will be played.

That agreement also comes with a drop in salary cap for 2021 too. It is going to be in the ball park of 175 million, compared to the 198 that we have this year. I just read an article in profootballtalk that there are already 8 teams over that cap number and will have to cut or restructure just to get under. That group includes the Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Steelers, Bears, Raiders and Vikings. Next year's free agent class is going to be flooded with top talent and will make it a buyer's market.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Right but there is an opt out clause that allows players to sit out and not lose their job in 2021.

So far one player has already opted out however I think he is doing it for a good cause.

Others will follow. So I do think the season will occur now. But now the question becomes will we have full strength teams with their super stars?

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Chiefs Starting right guard opted out of this season.

But before anyone judges him he’s actually a doctor and said he’s going to risk it for his patients.
    "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients."

Wow, what a great and heroic individual. THIS GUY gets it....

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

But before anyone judges him he’s actually a doctor and said he’s going to risk it for his patients.
    Well he had a medical doctorate..... But he actually worked as an orderly in Montreal at a long term care facility..

Either way... good for him...
    Last edited by EddieMac; 07-24-2020, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    We’re about to see our first test. The Nationals had their best player play yesterday and test positive today. And the team is still playing the season opener tonight. It will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Tom Brady has reported to Bucs facility. I just check now and the NFLPA is still reviewing the Bucs plan.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 95 includes team personal too like coaches, trainers and the 59 is for players only.

If I were in charge I'd strongly have considered starting the season with division rivals playing back to back games. This means neither team comes in contact with any other team for two weeks and the first 6 games all teams are isolated by their division teams. It would also be useful for determining division champs for the playoffs is the season is cut short.
    Yes players were 59 , unless they change it again. It blows my mind that over 4000 that were tested between NBA, MLS, NHL and MLB there was only 2 positives while the NFL had 90+.

The divisional games front loaded seems like a good idea. I'm surprised they didnt think about it like that.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Update. NFL players positive tests are 59 not 95 as first reported.
    I'm pretty sure the 95 includes team personal too like coaches, trainers and the 59 is for players only.

If I were in charge I'd strongly have considered starting the season with division rivals playing back to back games. This means neither team comes in contact with any other team for two weeks and the first 6 games all teams are isolated by their division teams. It would also be useful for determining division champs for the playoffs is the season is cut short.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Link to NFL source for 59 players. The 95 came from all football personnel, not just players.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-appro...s-for-covid-19

Also in the link the NFLPA approved the Broncos Infectious disease emergency response (IDER) plan.

The below link was given for player as a resource.

https://nflpa.com/covid-19-updates-information

It says Denver has the 9th least concentration in NFL markets...look at the link for the details.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Update. NFL players positive tests are 59 not 95 as first reported.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    The NBA had zero cases as of recent tests. That's a really good thing.
    Agreed! Would love to see the country see the pro leagues have success and follow them by wearing masks, social distancing, washing their hands regularly, and quarantine & get tested if you feel sick.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The NBA had zero cases as of recent tests. That's a really good thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X