Season in jeopardy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-trainin...g-as-scheduled

Training camp for all 32 NFL teams will commence as previously scheduled, with veterans set to report on July 28.

NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent sent an email to all 32 NFL clubs' general managers and head coaches notifying them of this on Saturday.

The email, obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, read:

At [Friday's] league meeting, the membership was advised that under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the reporting dates for training camp this year are as follows.

Rookies - July 21

Quarterbacks and injured players - July 23

All other players - July 28

Each team sets exact dates.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

Still think the season is not at risk?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

Oh it for sure is. And the same people refusing to wear masks are going to be the same ones yelling and calling the players selfish for choosing to not play for their own safety.

sigpic

Comment

Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

I saw that. I also heard that 14 teams are in what is considered 'red zone' states. I wonder if that will have any bearing on travel in and out.

Comment

• I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

Shut it down players, please... don't play, don’t get paid ...
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

The players don’t have to put their families health at risk for me to still love and support the Broncos in 2021.
              sigpic

Comment

I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

As long as the players get no money for choosing to sit out for safety reasons, I'm ok with it (welcome to the reality that the rest of us live in).

If the players are fighting to get paid while choosing to sit out the season for safety reasons, I trust that they'll be donating 75% of their millions to all of the unemployed folks out there, who's businesses were shut down, with people struggling to buy a loaf of bread.

Or will this just be like a fully paid sabbatical for them?
                To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• And I really love the we want to play hashtag...

Well then figure something out..and play... or don’t..

Don’t make this a media thing..
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    As long as the players get no money for choosing to sit out for safety reasons, I'm ok with it (welcome to the reality that the rest of us live in).

If the players are fighting to get paid while choosing to sit out the season for safety reasons, I trust that they'll be donating 75% of their millions to all of the unemployed folks out there, who's businesses were shut down, with people struggling to buy a loaf of bread.

Or will this just be like a fully paid sabbatical for them?
                    I have said I don’t support them getting paid while sitting out. But as long as they are unpaid then I won’t blame them for sitting out for family safety.
                    sigpic

Comment

Scab players entertained me decades ago...let them bring in replacements for players who do not want to play in 2020.

I am sure the NFL would have no problem finding enough people willing to play.

Do not pay anyone who refuses to play.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I have said I don’t support them getting paid while sitting out. But as long as they are unpaid then I won’t blame them for sitting out for family safety.
                        Play and get paid sit out and don’t. It should be easy... work with the NFLPA and NFL to make safety measures that work for all.. and stay out of the media about this..
                        sigpic

Comment

• The players are liars.

All they’re doing is negotiating through the media.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Players want to protect their families by not playing they should. That means they also shouldn’t get paid. 40 million Americans were given the opportunity to work or not they just lost their jobs. If a player has a pandemic clause in his contract then they’ll be fine. If not, making a living playing football is a privilege not a right.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Oh it for sure is. And the same people refusing to wear masks are going to be the same ones yelling and calling the players selfish for choosing to not play for their own safety.

If they have real concerns that playing football makes them and their families less safe they shouldn’t play, or get paid.

Hospital, grocery store workers for example probably fear for their families and they have 100 times greater chance of getting the virus. It is a choice and a risk that everyone has to make for themselves.

I’m curious what the players are doing that makes them safer than going to a workplace with regular testing for everyone. How and who do they get food from?
                              Von was able to get tested immediately when he didn’t feel well at the Broncos facility much faster, safer and quicker than going to a testing spot.

If I could be tested regularly even once a week I would feel much safer than just wearing a mask hoping I don’t get it. You get tested and get a positive then you immediately can quarantine and narrow down who else may have it in your circle.
                              Last edited by 58Miller; 07-20-2020, 05:17 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

And I really love the we want to play hashtag...

Well then figure something out..and play... or don’t..

Don’t make this a media thing..
                                Lol!!!! That’s the new trend, have a movement and call it something that it’s not.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X